Are CXP boosters a slap in the face?

FluxFader

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that they need to make money somehow.

But being able to sell it on the GTN, or allowing us to earn it in-game would go a long way in soothing some of the anger.

Are they bind on pickup? Doesn't seem to mention in the CM description or on the item.

The understanding is that you will hoard the boss level cxp drops, then pop one of these, and pop the lot of your hoard. Maximise the benefit.

Well at first that was my impresion, so I kept some missions finished but not acepted, then activated the boost, and the cxp number didnt change like normal xp boosts did. maybe working as intented maybe a bug, idk.

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
clarification

My post from the other thread

I guess with all the people unsubbing, they feel the need to some way make up the lost revenue. But all it does is drive more people away.

Who ever is making decisions in that group needs to go back to business school and also learn about customer satisfaction.

Customer satisfaction = more money

Customer dissatisfaction = less money

It's not rocket science. Anyone who has attended business school, has an economics degree, customer service training or is just a gamer, will know that if you piss off your player base with stupidity, disregard, greed, disingenuous and dirty behaviour, that they will leave and not support you. To then try and claw back lost revenue with underhanded money grabs, only alienates the players more.

For sometime the management and decision makers for this game keep getting worse. The common denominator is the people in charge who seem to have no idea how to please the players. Either they don't care, aren't gamers and don't understand the business model or are just incompetent. I think it's time they are replaced or retrained or bring in new blood who understand the gaming business and have autonomy to try and correct the direction these people have been taking the game. I've fired management staff over less stupidity and bad customer service / satisfaction than this teams decision makers.

Something needs to change, the culture in the team has become repellent to the player base. It's been festering for years and because they don't bring in new people, the old people just keep getting worse because there are no repercussions to them personally for their bad decisions.

To take a page out of "Donald's" book for their behaviour, "crooked Bioware"

:mad:

Ok, the general population was at 50 within the first week? No, not this game dude. Some other game you are thinking about there. In the first week of this game, most people spent most of their time queueing to get in. Sorry, but you are talking rubbish.

When farming, you stopped (ie: your opportunities to loot were limited on a weekly basis) when you hit the lockouts. Gear was never a problem, not since the legacy gear has been available. And team mates who carry you is what guilds are all about. Having 4 lockouts when the rest of your group has 5 means you can buy that extra lockout with just 2000 cc, or go off and burn another ops ready char quickly so you can join them in the next week.

On the basis of a simple transaction viewed as: Hours spent versus reward opportunities available... its fairly simple. XP Boosts would have had an impact on some players (not all, but definitely some and definitely end game raiders), instant 60 chars definitely have had and CXP boosts will do.

Should not have to spoon feed this to you, you are apparently an experienced end gamer... and what do I know.

At least half a million players(that's ~30% of the game population) had reached max level and engaged in End game content within the first month.

I will just leave this here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-gdc-panel-star-wars-the-old-republic/

And CXP boosts are not the same as XP boosts... It's not exaclty pay 2 win but it's a slap in the face of subs asking them to fork out even more money to make the eternal grind go faster. (after they nerfed the gold elites to make sure no one can reach 100 in a week..

Edited by Alloou

At least half a million players(that's ~30% of the game population) had reached max level and engaged in End game content within the first month.

I will just leave this here.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-gdc-panel-star-wars-the-old-republic/

And CXP boosts are not the same as XP boosts... It's not exaclty pay 2 win but it's a slap in the face of subs asking them to fork out even more money to make the eternal grind go faster. (after they nerfed the gold elites to make sure no one can reach 100 in a week..

ah that is an old but good read lol It goes back to the problem about story focus.. There was another thread talking about it bioware devs really thought the average mmo player would sit there like an ape and play all 8 stories than get in to end game... lol story focus<group content focus..

Indeed, it is clear that, at launch, they were very inexperienced in the mmo world and very much underestimated the demand and voracity of the players.

I do wonder how many of those average player hours were spent running into a wall on your ship so the character didn't auto-log-out and put you at the back of the queue? It definitely accounted for a fair percentage of my first month's logged time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.