Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gear-gated brackets

eriksarcasm

So you'd divide an already small population even further, despite there actually being little or no problem to begin with due to bolster.

Move along. Move along.

Many online games are divided by rankings/leagues/divisions etc... I don't see radical differences here.

despite there actually being little or no problem to begin with due to bolster.

You can not be so sure about that because of current low tier gear on players. Bioware promised that the difference will be noticeable. :)

Edited by Glower

Many online games are divided by rankings/leagues/divisions etc... I don't see radical differences here.

Population and necessity. There is no need. Maybe I will change my mind when people are sitting at the highest level gear min maxed but that is way off

Instead of gating PvP brackets by level, what if they were gated by gear level? Would that soften the RNGearing situation?

Discuss.

Bolster will do that already as long as the soft and hard cap on it aren't too far apart. You don't need to have different gear brackets.

If anything they should add to other queues. One for reg arena and one for more advanced lvl 70 8man

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.