Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can I start Kotet on my alts if they've not finished Kofte?

UltimateKrucible

Ok, an odd question - but I played through Kofte on my main and half way on a couple of alts before losing interest - because, and lets face it, a lot of Kofte just isn't worth replaying when there's so many other ways to spend your gaming time.

But do I have to finish it, or can I skip it and start the new expansion? If so - how do I do that?

That's a really odd decision. I mean, I subscribed (I'm a subscriber since launch, so that's kind of a default) but I can't actually access the expansion except on one Char? Kind of seems that I'm blocked from playing something I bought. Never seen that with an MMO expansion before.

As it is, I should say I'm a former subscriber. Cancelled my sub over the gearing situation. This pretty much reinforces that this was the right move on my part. They don't seem to want me to play.

can I skip it and start the new expansion? If so - how do I do that?
Short answer: Yes. If you are level 65, you should be able to start KotET, whether you have played none, some, or all of KotFE. Just select the chapter list from the top menu (or hit SHIFT+E), click on Chapter i: Wrath and Ruin, and click the Grant Mission button.

Long answer:

I have a Level 65 character, that I have played through Ch XIII of KotFE. I could click on any completed chapter of KotFE, plus the Shroud of Memory (the "bonus" chapter where you play as HK-55) and have the "Grant Mission" button active. Or I can click on Ch XIV and have the "Launch" button active (effectively the same as clicking the "Play" button for Ch XIV in my tracker).

When I clicked Ch 1 of KotET, I got a "Grant Mission" button for that as well. Clicking it brings up a warning saying, "This will abandon any main story chapters you are currently on and replace them with ChapterI: Wrath and Ruin." Doing so dropped both KotFE Ch XIV, and Shroud of Memory from my Mission Log. But I can still go back and select them from the Chapter list. And I get the same warning again, if I click the Grant Mission button for either of those (and presumably I would get it for any other "available" chapter I chose).

Starting KotET made all the KotFE chapters available, even the ones I hadn't done yet. FWIW, the chapter list now won't put both a "regular" KotFE chapter and the Shroud of Memory "bonus" chapter in my Mission Log at the same time, even though I had them both in it before.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Short answer: Yes. If you are level 65, you should be able to start KotET, whether you have played none, some, or all of KotFE. Just select the chapter list from the top menu (or hit SHIFT+E), click on Chapter i: Wrath and Ruin, and click the Grant Mission button.

Long answer:

I have a Level 65 character, that I have played through Ch XIII of KotFE. I could click on any completed chapter of KotFE, plus the Shroud of Memory (the "bonus" chapter where you play as HK-55) and have the "Grant Mission" button active. Or I can click on Ch XIV and have the "Launch" button active (effectively the same as clicking the "Play" button for Ch XIV in my tracker).

When I clicked Ch 1 of KotET, I got a "Grant Mission" button for that as well. Clicking it brings up a warning saying, "This will abandon any main story chapters you are currently on and replace them with ChapterI: Wrath and Ruin." Doing so dropped both KotFE Ch XIV, and Shroud of Memory from my Mission Log. But I can still go back and select them from the Chapter list. And I get the same warning again, if I click the Grant Mission button for either of those (and presumably I would get it for any other "available" chapter I chose).

Starting KotET made all the KotFE chapters available, even the ones I hadn't done yet. FWIW, the chapter list now won't put both a "regular" KotFE chapter and the Shroud of Memory "bonus" chapter in my Mission Log at the same time, even though I had them both in it before.

Just a quick question: when you did this, did it also unlock stuff like the odessen base and the eternal championship? The main reason I ask is, because I need to complete the eternal championship on 2 more classes for the achievement and I really don't want to play through KotFE chapter 1-9 anymore...

Just a quick question: when you did this, did it also unlock stuff like the odessen base and the eternal championship? The main reason I ask is, because I need to complete the eternal championship on 2 more classes for the achievement and I really don't want to play through KotFE chapter 1-9 anymore...

Yes.

Open the chapter list, click the first chapter of KotET and click the Grant Mission button. Then Launch that first chapter. You will get a whole bunch of the FE companions auto-granted (lots of "system messages" saying various companions plus the 4 Alliance Commanders have joined you).** If you ESC out of the first cutscene, you will be dropped on the landing pad on Odessen. You can then hop in your ship, fly to Zakuul, and head down to the cantina and talk to "Master of Mayhem" Dominaire to start the Eternal Championship. (You won't have Zakuul on your ship's Galaxy Map until you at least launch Chapter I of KotET).

I did this with a Sith Warrior and got Gault, Kaliyo, T7, Vette, Aric, and Torian, in addition to the 4 Alliance Commanders, Theron and Lana. I also have all my original "story" companions available. I don't know if your character's class and/or alignment affects which of the FE companions you get.

I also got Alliance Alerts for Yuun, Shae Vizla, and master Ranos. You may only get Yuun, depending on whether you qualified for the other two. And apparently I got the "mix a drink for Nico Okarr" alert auto-completed, as I hadn't ever been to Zakuul before, but he's in my companion list now, and his description says I mixed him a drink, so.... Again, you may or may not get this, depending on whether or not you qualified for Nico in the run-up to KotFE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.