Dark Vs Light Tokens: What am I doing Wrong?

AlesisCitadel

So, I've been trying to go for the cool new gear sets, so of course my job is to token farm.

Given my only lvl 70's are both dark side, I decided to let one fall to the light since it is what is dominating the server (Begeren Colony) . I already toggled the appropriate side.

Reading on dulfy and other places, to get like tokens, one should be able to gain tokens every time I level up in the victory state. Since it has started, That has not occurred for me.

Is there a glitch?

Do I have to be on the light side of the force with my character? (or light V?)

Any help is appreciated.

I don't understand how this works either. I have yet to see a token. Your chances of getting a GC level in the exact hour that your side happens to be winning seems very slim to begin with, but then I actually managed to get lucky and still didn't get a token. I was on for the entire "victory" hour, had the side selected that won, and gained a level in GC during the victory hour. Still no token. :(

The ONE time the dark side won on my server, I managed to ding and I did get a token. I am also dark V, so I think you have to be aligned with the winning side as well.

Considering that I haven't seen dark win any more, and that the new indexes for I-V now are like a million each, I don't think I'll ever see any more tokens.

You can also get with a guild to hunt the light or dark bosses that spawn during that hour. I say guild because I constantly ask in gen chat whether anyone is hunting these things and I'm met with crickets. You'd also have to be insanely quick to find the bosses, start an ops group and take them down before someone else comes up and boinks them and dies and they despawn. Not looking good.

Edited by Ralei

Simple answer: Yes!

You need to be on the light side of the force... not just "Committed to the Light," to earn Light tokens. It took me a little while to figure this out and i thought something was broken.

You can earn light tokes by leveling your Command rank while Light Controls the galaxy. Also by Killing Dark bosses when DS is victorious.

added:

You Probably need to be Light I and higher.

(replace Light with Dark if those are the tokens you want)

Edited by Sinras

Based on conversations I've had with people ingame, it looks like you have to be playing for the winning side AND have that particular alignment. For example, if you are Dark V and you switch over to play for the light side and the light side wins, you won't get tokens. You'd have to earn enough light points to have your personal alignment on that side.

Based on conversations I've had with people ingame, it looks like you have to be playing for the winning side AND have that particular alignment. For example, if you are Dark V and you switch over to play for the light side and the light side wins, you won't get tokens. You'd have to earn enough light points to have your personal alignment on that side.

Whilst I believe this is true, it goes against what the patch notes said. It clearly states it is independent from your characters alignment.

However, I am Dark IV on my sith Juggernaut, toggled dark side. When dark side was in a victory state, and I levelled up my command rank, I STILL did not get any tokens. My vote is on the side of it being bugged. I already submitted a bug report. I am around command rank 10, not a single token so far. :confused:

I believe, the tokens are in currency tab.

Turns out, my missing token was indeed on the currencies tab of my inventory all along! I'll admit it had not occurred to me to look there, given that all currencies had recently been removed from that tab, making me see it as obsolete, and I was expecting a physical token like the Ziost holos or something. Thanks for the tip.

Whilst I believe this is true, it goes against what the patch notes said. It clearly states it is independent from your characters alignment.

However, I am Dark IV on my sith Juggernaut, toggled dark side. When dark side was in a victory state, and I levelled up my command rank, I STILL did not get any tokens. My vote is on the side of it being bugged. I already submitted a bug report. I am around command rank 10, not a single token so far. :confused:

^^^^^^

Same

Turns out, my missing token was indeed on the currencies tab of my inventory all along! I'll admit it had not occurred to me to look there, given that all currencies had recently been removed from that tab, making me see it as obsolete, and I was expecting a physical token like the Ziost holos or something. Thanks for the tip.

sure thing. I only found them by accident to be honest, mostly cause I was checking on my cartel coin balance without opening cartel market (new UI is a PITA :/ )

I have no idea if personal alignment affects acquisition, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case (the fact that personal alignment is tied to the conflict is the reason why dark side almost never wins, making it pretty crappy for people who have gone dark for whatever reason, especially if its for ability to use dark only items/titles). just that you don't get a physical item.

So, if it is independent of your personal alignment, when would be the best time for me to toggle light side to get bonus cxp, right before they win or during the win? :D

I just hopped on right quick and the light was winning (ofc). So I did the daily Ziost mission as light side with my personal alignment as dark V. Everything I did gave me personal light side points. When the light side won, even though I had been toggled light, I did not get any extra command points, and when I dinged, I did not get a light side token. So your personal alignment does effect if you get tokens/bonus.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161020

According to the developer's blog announcing the DvL system, Your character must be aligned with the winning side when it wins, and you get tokens when your GC ranks up. If your side loses, enemies should spawn and you can kill them for your side's tokens. The patch notes are vague on how this works.

I just hopped on right quick and the light was winning (ofc). So I did the daily Ziost mission as light side with my personal alignment as dark V. Everything I did gave me personal light side points. When the light side won, even though I had been toggled light, I did not get any extra command points, and when I dinged, I did not get a light side token. So your personal alignment does effect if you get tokens/bonus.

Confirmed - my personal alignment was Dark V but since the light side is currently in an almost constant winning state on my server I switched my server alignment to light. Got 16 command ranks when the light side was victorious but no tokens. And my personal dark side alignment went from dark V down to dark IV. Before the 2nd when the dark side got a couple of wins and I was still dark side aligned, I got 2 tokens. Meh. Pretty stupid idea to hide gear behind a system they know is light side favoured (by their own stats players choose mostly light side responses).

Thank you to Everyone who has responded so far, I hope we'll get to the bottom of this.

It seems the current consensus is that being a separate character alignment then that which you select for the event means an inability to grant tokens of your selected rank.

Let,s Confirm?

Additionally, it seems that being any degree of alignment other than Light V or Dark V is also not granting tokens.

Can we Confirm this as well?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.