Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vaylin should be hotter...

Sost

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zakuulan army!! Sounds kinda cool.:rak_03:

But on topic, even though it's old, I think she looked fine maybe a little gaunt and worn, but I don't expect her to look like a doll after everything. It's something the Devs did a good job on. That along with her voice. Yes it's screechy, but it's right for her character. I appreciate that. :)

Yeah, her voice is very good for her character.

The only thing I see wrong with Valyn is that she is dead (permanently so it seems). She was a cute kid and seemed pretty cool in the trailer. Why she became so blood thirsty is also fairly obvious (She was just too strong for her age). Now I have her evil brother killing Big brother as a companion. So why couldn't (or can't) she be saved as well. Oh well. I still LOVE this game.

Oh and her mom looks pretty good for an old lady. :p

I agree completely. I don't care for the character very much at all, but the v/o artist, Natasha Loring, is flat-out amazing in how she performed that role.

That's something we'll just have to disagree on. I think the voice acting is a big part of why I can only think of her as a whiny brat rather than as a legitimate threat or drum up any sympathy for her past. (Though the overused fish-face pout animation doesn't help on that score either.)

Edited by Damask_Rose

That's something we'll just have to disagree on. I think the voice acting is a big part of why I can only think of her as a whiny brat rather than as a legitimate threat or drum up any sympathy for her past. (Though the overused fish-face pout animation doesn't help on that score either.)

That's cool. What we like and dislike are subjective, and there are voices in the game that others really like that I can't stand (female Sith Inquisitor for one).

They animate Vaylin with a pout way too often and they have her scream and screech way too much, but that IMHO is probably the direction/script's fault.

I liked the voice for Vaylin, there was a few 'meh' lines, but overall I thought it was good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.