Lower the CXP cap to 50k per week..

Taramayne

..and restore the points for golds.(At LEAST back up to 5 if not 10)

That will be 10 crates per week at level 300. I don't think that's excessive.

If some people want to go mass-grind to hit cap the first day, let them. The rest of us can still play the game normally and actually see some progress. I really doubt the casual players and anyone who doesn't mass-grind will even reach 50k in a week.

Please don't punish the entire playerbase because someone found a way to meet the "CXP cap challenge". What the mass-grinders did was creative, but not an exploit.

A change in cap is good but I hope they restore the golds to 10 and buff the other PvE contents as well to a reasonable level. I hope they introduce something as well to help alts level up faster, anything for a quality of life improvement will be much appreciated.

How exactly is it a punishment to be unable to grind gold mobs for faster CXP? As you said, casuals and non-grinders aren't going to do it anyway, so how are they being punished?

Don't be daft. Some people like to do heroics. How is it not punishing to nerf the cxp for golds in heroics? How does that work, exactly, to say people should play what they like and not worry about grinding cxp and then have what they like nerfed to ridiculousness?

Very few people will grind elites for hours so they should get the original CXP, if they put in the time they deserve it.

Or, remove the incentive to do something noone would normally bother to do, so people aren't forced to do something they normally wouldn't bother to do.

Don't be daft. Some people like to do heroics. How is it not punishing to nerf the cxp for golds in heroics? How does that work, exactly, to say people should play what they like and not worry about grinding cxp and then have what they like nerfed to ridiculousness?

You do get CXP for completing heroic missions do you? Or did I miss something?

You do get CXP for completing heroic missions do you? Or did I miss something?

Yeah you missed something. The fact that lots of heroics have lots of golds. Getting a measly 20 cxp for completing a heroic is pathetic. Kind of like your logic.

What the mass-grinders did was creative, but not an exploit.

The thing is: I get the feeling Bioware is quite aware that this was not an exploit. They made the same mistake the initial team made during the launch of the game - by not looking at their data in an objective manner, they underestimated that some people would choose to play this game excessively and hit the weekly cap. They were completely taken in by their vision of how players should use Galactic Command that they ignored the prediction of how it will be used.

Bioware doesn't want anyone to complete this grind. It is the never-ending carrot on a stick. I'll assume that this game will have a new expansion, seeing that they said they are already working on it. Beyond that, speculation is nonsense. This system needs to hold up at least until the new expansion. That's an entire year. The Galactic Command system is supposed to give players the feeling that there is always that slight bit of progression.

This is not regarded as an exploit. It was working exactly as it was intended. The issue is that Bioware failed to take into account how dedicated this playerbase can be. Don't kid yourself - Bioware is well aware that this isn't an exploit. They can't take action against those players because they were only playing the game in a manner they choose.

This nerf wasn't fixing an exploit. It was patching a flaw in the system. The flaw was that players were able to progress faster than intended. That's why there is a cap at all. Protecting people against exploits? Isn't it just as valid that people who do that exploit and go all the way to 300 within a week are simply being banned? Period? Why put a cap in place to protect against exploits when the safe defense against exploits is taking swift an decisive action? Does WoW put a cap on daily artifact power to stop exploits? Does FFXIV use a weekly Gil cap to stop money exploits? Does BDO put a cap on the amount of armour stones you can farm?

Artifical progression cap.

I wouldn't ask for lowering the weekly CXP cap. I pay a subscription for this game. If I want to play this game for six days straight, fifteen hours a day, and still make progression any step of the way? That's my right as a paying customer. By asking for a weekly cap, you are trying to negotiate for an artificial progression cap on your playtime. This is what smoke and mirrors is all about. They'll introduce something that is quick and awesome. And you rely on using it. Then they nerf it into oblivion. When they buff it up to about half what it was, people are happy that it's at least back to a bearable level. The same thing happened with companions.

I think I know the answer to this question: Did Bioware run a simulation about the maximum of GC acquired within a week? It's very easy to write a simple simulation software. You take the norm average time it takes a person to kill a golden mob, factor in the average playtime a person has in this game, and then see how much that's worth. Then you factor in the extreme cases for both ends of the spectrum (a maximum of X possible hours). Doing this simulation would've resulted in a much higher cap. The fact that golden mobs were released this way, and Bioware went into panic mode to fix this immediately? I guess it shows that people at Bioware don't understand the MMO market at all. Everyone with a decade of MMO experience (such as myself) could've told you that farming mobs is a predictable behaviour. At least when that's the fastest way to gain rewards. They simply don't understand how MMO players think, and they can't predict how they will act.

Bioware changed it not because it was an exploit. It wasn't. That's why it didn't need a "fix". The issue was that a few insane players were progressing through the system at a much faster rate than Bioware anticipated. It's 1.0 all over again. They thought they had at least two-three months to deliver new content. Some players were through the leveling process in less than a week.

This is the same mistake. They made a mechanic that's supposed to buy them time until the eventual release of Eternal Command (offline progression missions - take a closer look at the new command centre) and new Uprisings/group content. They can't have someone burn through the GC system in less than two months. It'd invalidate the time sink mechanic.

Edited by Alssaran

The thing is: I get the feeling Bioware is quite aware that this was not an exploit. They made the same mistake the initial team made during the launch of the game - by not looking at their data in an objective manner, they underestimated that some people would choose to play this game excessively and hit the weekly cap. They were completely taken in by their vision of how players should use Galactic Command that they ignored the prediction of how it will be used.

Bioware doesn't want anyone to complete this grind. It is the never-ending carrot on a stick. I'll assume that this game will have a new expansion, seeing that they said they are already working on it. Beyond that, speculation is nonsense. This system needs to hold up at least until the new expansion. That's an entire year. The Galactic Command system is supposed to give players the feeling that there is always that slight bit of progression.

This is not regarded as an exploit. It was working exactly as it was intended. The issue is that Bioware failed to take into account how dedicated this playerbase can be. Don't kid yourself - Bioware is well aware that this isn't an exploit. They can't take action against those players because they were only playing the game in a manner they choose.

This nerf wasn't fixing an exploit. It was patching a flaw in the system. The flaw was that players were able to progress faster than intended. That's why there is a cap at all. Protecting people against exploits? Isn't it just as valid that people who do that exploit and go all the way to 300 within a week are simply being banned? Period? Why put a cap in place to protect against exploits when the safe defense against exploits is taking swift an decisive action? Does WoW put a cap on daily artifact power to stop exploits? Does FFXIV use a weekly Gil cap to stop money exploits? Does BDO put a cap on the amount of armour stones you can farm?

Artifical progression cap.

I wouldn't ask for lowering the weekly CXP cap. I pay a subscription for this game. If I want to play this game for six days straight, fifteen hours a day, and still make progression any step of the way? That's my right as a paying customer. By asking for a weekly cap, you are trying to negotiate for an artificial progression cap on your playtime. This is what smoke and mirrors is all about. They'll introduce something that is quick and awesome. And you rely on using it. Then they nerf it into oblivion. When they buff it up to about half what it was, people are happy that it's at least back to a bearable level. The same thing happened with companions.

I think I know the answer to this question: Did Bioware run a simulation about the maximum of GC acquired within a week? It's very easy to write a simple simulation software. You take the norm average time it takes a person to kill a golden mob, factor in the average playtime a person has in this game, and then see how much that's worth. Then you factor in the extreme cases for both ends of the spectrum (a maximum of X possible hours). Doing this simulation would've resulted in a much higher cap. The fact that golden mobs were released this way, and Bioware went into panic mode to fix this immediately? I guess it shows that people at Bioware don't understand the MMO market at all. Everyone with a decade of MMO experience (such as myself) could've told you that farming mobs is a predictable behaviour. At least when that's the fastest way to gain rewards.

Bioware changed it not because it was an exploit. It wasn't. That's why it didn't need a "fix". The issue was that a few insane players were progressing through the system at a much faster rate than Bioware anticipated. It's 1.0 all over again. They thought they had at least two-three months to deliver new content. Some players were through the leveling process in less than a week.

This is the same mistake. They made a mechanic that's supposed to buy them time until the eventual release of Eternal Command (offline progression missions - take a closer look at the new command centre) and new Uprisings/group content. They can't have someone burn through the GC system in less than two months. It'd invalidate the time sink mechanic.

That's a lot of words for such an insignificant nerf.

The idea behind this nerf is very significant. It's Bioware telling us that we are supposed to progress through the system as fast as they want us to. Not as fast as the player could/would enjoy. The fact that 150 hours of gameplay aren't enough time spent on this system is an indirect admission that the sole reason for it's existence (at least right now and in concept) is to provide an effective time gate.

Go troll somewhere else.

Edited by Alssaran

20cxp for a single heroic, and you think it should be ok to get the equivalent for killing two mobs?

Yes, yes I do. Because 20 cxp for completing a heroic is laughable. It's understood that the low cxp gain was an attempt to balance things around getting cxp from other mobs as you worked through the mission. It was never a great way to earn cxp but now it's absolute ****.

So much for your empty words of "play what you like" blah, blah, blah. Or would you care to explain again how this isn't punishing players who like to do heroics?

Or would you care to explain again how this isn't punishing players who like to do heroics?

Don't. He will just write his usual "If you only did it for the rewards, you didn't have fun doing it. Ergo, you shouldn't do it" nonsense that is completely out of touch with any form of psychology or mental science conducted in the past five decades.

He has absolutely no clue about this entire issue besides thinking that "Bioware wants all of us to have fun! Let's all just have fun and forget there are problems!" This is so sickening when you consider that this is the mentality of some of the worst forms of government in this world. "Our leader just wants us to be happy. There is no issue. Let's just pretend we're all happy with him!"

The thing is...

So much that ^^^

But it's not that they underestimated... more that they were ignorant... we tried to warn them... with historical evidence (level 50... legacy level... if you make CXP more valuable than gold/credits... and you know how people grind for credits... ugggg DvL Legendary... the list goes on...)

Yes, this nerf is not for gold mob grinders.... they want us to blame them for sure.... but its actual intent is to slow us all down! Many of us will be level 50 in the first week... just by playing our version of "normal"... that is what BW wanted to nerf!

But I do like the idea of a lower CXP cap.... IF... they bring the mobs back to a reasonable level AND increase the rewards for finishing a mission/boss. The mob to mission reward ratio was quite ridiculous... but it's not that mob CXP needed a nerf. Actual content rewards need a buff!!

We have been fine with weekly limits before, limits that you would hit under "normal" play... comms/crystals/lockouts but that is what encouraged playing alts...

then there was DvL that mandated alts.... basically SWTOR has become more and more alt friendly as the years went on... and then 5.0 hit us like a truck... err noo... like a deathstar!

Seems logical to NOT further alienate subscribers and fix this CXP gold problem with an alt friendly reward program. If I can only increase 50 levels per week i'm fine with that... if it is less grindy and more gamy!

Hi again Bioware.... tl;dr for you

you chose a method that makes everyone seethy... and made almost everything less rewarding to preserve your CXP schedule/predictions

OK... bad move... maybe you see that now..

OR

you could make the grind 2x as rewarding but decrease the cap by 50%

this would keep the same schedule but make the game twice as rewarding for almost everyone!

Lol even though I get the idea you troll in most posts you make I was actually thinking the same thing before I read your post.

I gave up long ago reading Alssaran's word walls. He seems to use about 90% too many words to say what he wants to say and it's often nonsense "my opinions are facts" anyway.

Yes, yes I do. Because 20 cxp for completing a heroic is laughable. It's understood that the low cxp gain was an attempt to balance things around getting cxp from other mobs as you worked through the mission. It was never a great way to earn cxp but now it's absolute ****.

So much for your empty words of "play what you like" blah, blah, blah. Or would you care to explain again how this isn't punishing players who like to do heroics?

Maybe ask for a buff to the heroic CXP pay out then? Doesn't mean gold's need to be buffed back up.

If they weren't lazy they could have set payments based on the heroic metrics in time to complete but that won't happen, too much like hard work.

Either way all this just detracts from the real issue and that is the whole GC system is crap in the first place.