Still have graphics issues

OlBuzzard

OK ! That tears it! The same graphics issues are still there !

The ability to change the resolution is still broken! I have no idea what is really displayed but it is NOT the size indicated. Further more the option to change that setting is totally dysfunctional.

Someone owes me a REFUND !!!!

Either get this right, or refund me the amount for the next six months that I have paid for and I will shut down this product !! Permanently !!

I hate being that way but I have no intention of continuing to pay for a product that I cannot use!

:mad:

yeah i still have the same problem.

It is ridiculous, the game is totally unplayable, and it is not only the "cosmetic" graphics issue now, i can't even get past some cutscenes/cinematics, meaning it really does not work lol.

That Owen guy that offers advice on this forum says it is an issue with Intel graphic cards. I assume you have Intel since we have the same issues.

I decided to give them 7-10 days to fix this or i am unsubscribing and deleting the game. Why pay for a broken thing, right? I just wish somebody would compensate me for all the nerves and time i wasted in the last 7 days trying to make it work.

it's not the card. I played the game for several hours a day or so before the big update without any issues whatsoever.

I'm running an NVIDIA high end card (though not a new one) is still proven to be one of the better cards out there.

Additionally I still am capable of doing modeling that imports and exports in 3-DS format (3D Studio MAX)

IT'S NOT THE CARD !

I am using an Intel 64 bit DDR3 High end CPU. (Yes I'm aware of the difference between DDR3 and DDR4).

Still ... this should NOT be a problem.

The issue is clearly on the end of the coding done to allow proper interface between the two.

Since my system has not changed I must conclude that the error is found in the programming within the game.

The only question that remains is whether or not someone in there company cares enough to actually do something positive to resolve the matter.

Given a choice I would prefer to remain a part of the SWTOR community. But if nothing is done to resolve this matter I will be FORCED to make a decision that I find both disappointing and detrimental.

I will unquestionably insist on a refund since I will no longer be able to play the game.

i didn't mean that the card was the problem but that bioware didn't do something right and the game suddenly became incompatible with intel cards. But since you have nvidia, that means they really messed it up because now it seems it doesn't matter what system or card you are running the problem persists.

i am just as frustrated, trust me. i cannot play at all, in any way, and hours prior to the update swtor was running without a hiccup on my machine.

The irony is this was supposed to be a big expansion, also coming out just before the release of Rogue One, so from the marketing standpoint it was supposed to be huge but in the end it turned into a complete fiasco. They could have possibly destroyed their own game and fanbase with this update.

so much for being a sub since day one!

So much less for customer service...

Ya know! I believe I'm going to drag out those old WOW disks and reload the game. My account has been inactive since SWTOR came on line.. I still have the pass words and even though it will take tons of updating and bringing my crafting skills up to speed... BUT that just maybe what I do..

STO pulled the same crap.. it's all but dead too!

There's a message in there !

This is being flagged through EA Answers HQ for further investigation with BW with links to threads such as this one that relate to this issue.

You know what would really be cool ! If a rep from SWTOR / BW would be kind enough to post: ask some questions that we could easily be overlooking.

1. We as consumers would understand very clearly that the problem IS being looked into.

2. That as soon as possible a resolution can (if at all possible) will be reached. If that takes a bit of time: OK (not happy about that aspect) ... but at least something is being done to address this.

IMHO this is more than likely some line code that has been left out which reads/enables/etc etc .

Just from what I've seen thus far the default resolution should be what? 800 x 600 ? What I'm seeing is considerably different. The text is VERY small (so much so that it is illegible) ... and the UI is thrown around a bit with boxes now overlapping. I can not redo my skill sets since the text is so small that I have no idea what is listed (just an example). I can't change any of the graphic settings since they are dysfunctional ( I posted this more than once in different threads).

BTW... it should be noted that I have been around since the game was first released: I've generally been VERY supportive of this community and the development team. (Please review my post particularly this year regarding KotFE).

In short this REALLY needs fixed. Other wise ... NOT KIDDING AT ALL .. I will have to shut this down and move on.

I'm not trying to be rude... BUT that seems to be the options that are available.

OlBuzzard has a point. Most of us are paying customers. Bioware should not forget that we pay to play this game, therefore they should act more responsibly or faster at least.

Just imagine if your phone went dead for 10 days because of something the phone company did. Would you scream at them and ask for a refund or for those 10 days to be deducted from your bill, or would you simply act like everything is fine and let the phone company take their sweet time and hope that MAYBE it will start working soon while you still keep paying for the service?

I think it would be the first option. You cant expect everybody to keep paying for a broken product and not even give a statement that at least you are working on it.

I've had this when I backup the bioware directory from my laptop.

Go to AppData directory

Local

SWTOR

swtor

settings

Look for the client_settings.ini file

Rename it and load up the game

You should be able to change the resolution

Where To Find SWTOR INI Settings File

You can find it in:

C:\Users\%username%\appdata\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

If you can’t find the client_settings.ini file on your operating system, you may have to do the following subjected to whatever OS you use.

For Windows XP

Click Start, then Run and type “shell:Local AppData” (without quotes) then browse to SWTOR \ swtor \ settings. You should find it.

For Windows*Vista/ Windows 7

Click Start, type “%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings” (without quotes). You should be able to see it now (It’s a hidden file).

Before you begin editing your CFG or INI settings file, do make a back up of client_settings.ini in your

Windows Vista / 7/10

\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Windows XP

\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Edited by Liquor

I appreciate the post. Respectfully, however, I will not be messing with the INI files.

thanks again!

Best Regards

Research similar resolution issues and you'll find this fix is the most common one.

The game will create a new client_settings.ini

Instead of deleting it, I recommended renaming it. It can be renamed again if you like.

It's a backup in case something goes wrong (which it won't)

This is a common fix for many graphics issues.

Edited by Liquor

well ... I spoke out of turn. today when I logged on we still have the same graphics issues .. BUT in stead of being able to log out with ease the game would not close out until we used the task manager ... which in turn would not close out either since SWTOR was not responding. I had to shut down the entire system again in order to close out the game.

Soooo We're pretty much back where we started. I did manage to make out enough of what was displayed to move all of my toons to one of the 3 strong holds I have. At least I will know where they are IF and WHEN this gets cleared up.

IN the mean time I did reactivate an old game that I use to play (one of the bigger MMO's out there)... No issues what so ever (even with the settings on high end graphics).

That tells me that for certain that the issues are within the changes that were just made in this latest update for SWTOR.

I do sincerely hope that they get this fixed soon.