Probably my last topic, before i quit my hopes

letitdie

So, here is the thing. After been wasting my abudant amount of credits (sarcasm off from this point forward) wiping trying to progress on chapters in veteran, i finaly decide to google it and see what's wrong, and i'm not doing this just to talk bad about your game, because even with it's flaws i can usually play it. But seriosly veteran mode is completly impossible to progress on dromund kaas, and just comes to show how bad you need to fix the game.

The main thing that is making me seriosly considering stoping subscribing for good, is that the engine is broken since day 1. It's not just lag-wide server, you guys probably understand by now there is something fundamentaly wrong with this, and like i said on the title, im about to quit my hopes. You can't even fix bugs that have been reported dozens of times, and yes i understand this is a mmo and your team is probably understaffed for the amount of content you are trying to put out (which let's face it it's not much besides the story is it? i love it dearly and i hope it so continues but how long has it been since we have 1 new ops ?), but all this and more points i can think of, doesn't change the fact you are ignoring the elephant in the room. And you do need to take a step backwards bioware. You are trying to atract more players to swtor, and in doing so ignoring the old ones, and you don't have a solid gameplay experience to deliver. Yes bugs happen and you can always patch it but by now i'm starting to think that even 12,99 is too much to pay for this.

The secondary thing, it's the cartel market. For the love of god, allow us to use the new-awesome-love-this-button >desintegrate< to get rid of all the crap acumulated from wasting money on your russian rollete packs (btw, i hate the fact NOW this is how you get your end-game gear sets. keep the cosmetics, give us back our token vendors with new awesome looking sets PLEASE), for one main reason..... i can't sell any of the crap, i can't trade any of the crap, i even try to use crap but i also like nice things.

also, if you think about it, it's only a fair use of my money. Use it to fill my shiny new yellow comand bar!

This was probably my last imput here. I'll be waiting on the next cinematic that will hype the crap out of me, and when you release it you will get one more subscription. I seriosly hope, for the last time, some1 is actualy paying attention.

1. I'm sure they're working on the new bugs. The new content was just released this week. Veteran mode is supposed to be level 70/with no less than a level 20 companion. If you are lacking in either of those then you may find it impossible. If not, then maybe gear or play style. I really cannot answer that but I've seen players completing veteran mode so it's possible.

2. I have my gripes over the stupid packs. BUT! Sell the crate, UNOPENED, and you'll get 1-2 million per crate. Do not open them. Sell them on the GTN. The drop rates are so bad. Really. Don't use it for anything other than a nice credit drop.

1. I'm sure they're working on the new bugs. The new content was just released this week. Veteran mode is supposed to be level 70/with no less than a level 20 companion. If you are lacking in either of those then you may find it impossible. If not, then maybe gear or play style. I really cannot answer that but I've seen players completing veteran mode so it's possible.

2. I have my gripes over the stupid packs. BUT! Sell the crate, UNOPENED, and you'll get 1-2 million per crate. Do not open them. Sell them on the GTN. The drop rates are so bad. Really. Don't use it for anything other than a nice credit drop.

I didn't think i could use diferent companions on veteran mode, but even so from what i've read here in the foruns, the whole think stinks of rushing to make a deadline kind of thing. Think about it. How many expansions that bioware has put out appeared anyway near to a polished product? I don't want to be harsh, i love this game. But i'm also a gamer. And this game deserves A LOT more.

I burried to much money and opened too many packs dude. I'm not of those that hogs money to play the GTN, and i'm also one unlucky SOB. That doesn't change the fact they could most definetly let us use the >desintegrate< for that. I mean seriosly... it's the perfect solution to the sheer amount of frustration of having cargo bays filled with stuff. Can someone genually disagree with me here ? PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN BIOWARE

would love people to give their opinions about what else is wrong with 5.0, construtive thoughts if possible.

In short the last couple expansions have turned it into a linear singleplayer game where they charge you monthly to play it and add no content outside of a few story missions and then pad the games small existing content (Lever sync, galactic command, rng gear crates, alliance etc).

In short the last couple expansions have turned it into a linear singleplayer game where they charge you monthly to play it and add no content outside of a few story missions and then pad the games small existing content (Lever sync, galactic command, rng gear crates, alliance etc).

thing is, i don't understand how can a company that build a MMO so unlike any other, is making these kinds of decisions... I get and agree with the importance of the story, and i believe that if this gets balanced with new operations and flashpoints, this game can once again be great. But at this point, i simply can't understand what logic there is in choosing this path..... How can you be worried about casual gamers, when your day 1 players keep bashing you everytime you put something new out ? how can they not get the message after all this time ? why don't they bother to fix SERIOUS gameplay issues that are and will be affecting EVERY content they put out ?

I don't know about u guys, and i'm not even refering to veteran now, but didn't you think that in terms of gameplay this was your worse experience with swtor yet ? i was basicaly playing for the cutscenes because the stutters just took the fun out of every single fight. especially the boss ones

I don't know about u guys, and i'm not even refering to veteran now, but didn't you think that in terms of gameplay this was your worse experience with swtor yet ? i was basicaly playing for the cutscenes because the stutters just took the fun out of every single fight. especially the boss ones

Played on and off since Beta myself, this is the worst it has been it just goes more and more downhill, i was baffled why they made the class story only able to be done one person, effectively making the core part of the game single player only and i am baffled why the last 2 expansions has been dedicated to singleplayer content.

It seams you guys missed the fact that the focus is on group content now :Dhttp://massivelyop.com/2016/12/02/swtor-knights-of-the-eternal-throne-launches-today-we-chat-with-bioware/

And technically it's true - aside from story this expansion has NO SINGLE PLAYER content. Instead it has uprisings - group content, and DvL boss hunting - group content, and no you can't really solo thous bosses - people checked.

So now the solo players are out of luck and for some reason the "grope content" players don't seam to be happy either...

But technically this expansion is group content focused. So you can't blame the "focus" for the games failing anymore.

Played on and off since Beta myself, this is the worst it has been it just goes more and more downhill, i was baffled why they made the class story only able to be done one person, effectively making the core part of the game single player only and i am baffled why the last 2 expansions has been dedicated to singleplayer content.

yup i agree with you. This wouldn't remove the desire we all have for new ops, but would be a more fun and interactive way to play the story. I love a good single player experience, and that side of the game is on a hole diferent level from the rest. Thing is, when it's over you want to kill yourself for spending money for just that.

It seams you guys missed the fact that the focus is on group content now :Dhttp://massivelyop.com/2016/12/02/swtor-knights-of-the-eternal-throne-launches-today-we-chat-with-bioware/

And technically it's true - aside from story this expansion has NO SINGLE PLAYER content. Instead it has uprisings - group content, and DvL boss hunting - group content, and no you can't really solo thous bosses - people checked.

So now the solo players are out of luck and for some reason the "grope content" players don't seam to be happy either...

But technically this expansion is group content focused. So you can't blame the "focus" for the games failing anymore.

I disagree, the main part of the expansion is the story and that is singleplayer only, you mention 2 whole things which you think makes this expansion group content focused, i hardly think 5 or 6 mini flashpoints and a few world bosses count as group content, if it was group focused it would add warzones, new daily planets with heroic areas, operations, flashpoints, and the ability to do the story with a friend like you could in old expansions.

i can't sell any of the crap, i can't trade any of the crap, i even try to use crap but i also like nice things.

I could have sworn we can already destroy items. Click and drag it out of your inventory or the bank to an empty area on your screen and let go. You'll get a "Do you really want to destroy this?" popup and you have to click on confirm.

Just a fyi....

Edited by dr_mike

I disagree, the main part of the expansion is the story and that is singleplayer only, you mention 2 whole things which you think makes this expansion group content focused, i hardly think 5 or 6 mini flashpoints and a few world bosses count as group content, if it was group focused it would add warzones, new daily planets with heroic areas, operations, flashpoints, and the ability to do the story with a friend like you could in old expansions.

The reliant article quote from Ben Irving - SWTOR Producer: "Our goal in supporting Knights of the Eternal Throne is to put emphasis on replayable multiplayer content in between those big story beats"

I'm not saying they are doing a good job of it, just that they state it as a focus now *shrug*. Will they do now Ops? No. Because the dev team is not up to it - the mess we are in atm demonstrate that they are incapable of balancing even simple systems from the first go, Ops require much more skill than that. They don't do it because they can't. The glitches, bugs and "unintentional consequences" are rampant. All of it points to a lack of technical proficiency from the dev team.

So can you complain about the quality of the game? Yes. Focus? Not so much anymore. They are focused where you want them, they just suck at it.

By group content, they mean, community building group content. Things that you don't just grab a few random people and clear in less than 30 minutes. It mean a group of people working together toward a group objective for weeks or months. The main two in the game are Operations and Conquest.

Once a guild conquered all the planets, conquest is over since there is nothing new there.

Since 3.0, the only new thing added was Colossal Monolith 19 months ago. Those able to clear it did it the first few weeks, the rest just gave up in that same time.

4.0 level increase of all the operations blocked a lot of content for a lot of group. The level increase for 4.0 should have been EV, KP, EC, TfB, Eyeless and Xonoanalist II to level 65, that way people can experience them at level and keep the other at their original level. Different level for the operations enabled group progression, even if it wasn't on the new operations, it was in a mode that they we unable to do at level. Without it, a group that completed all the operations that they got the skill to do at level are stuck with nothing to do.

So, here is the thing. After been wasting my abudant amount of credits (sarcasm off from this point forward) wiping trying to progress on chapters in veteran, i finaly decide to google it and see what's wrong, and i'm not doing this just to talk bad about your game, because even with it's flaws i can usually play it. But seriosly veteran mode is completly impossible to progress on dromund kaas, and just comes to show how bad you need to fix the game.

The main thing that is making me seriosly considering stoping subscribing for good, is that the engine is broken since day 1. It's not just lag-wide server, you guys probably understand by now there is something fundamentaly wrong with this, and like i said on the title, im about to quit my hopes. You can't even fix bugs that have been reported dozens of times, and yes i understand this is a mmo and your team is probably understaffed for the amount of content you are trying to put out (which let's face it it's not much besides the story is it? i love it dearly and i hope it so continues but how long has it been since we have 1 new ops ?), but all this and more points i can think of, doesn't change the fact you are ignoring the elephant in the room. And you do need to take a step backwards bioware. You are trying to atract more players to swtor, and in doing so ignoring the old ones, and you don't have a solid gameplay experience to deliver. Yes bugs happen and you can always patch it but by now i'm starting to think that even 12,99 is too much to pay for this.

The secondary thing, it's the cartel market. For the love of god, allow us to use the new-awesome-love-this-button >desintegrate< to get rid of all the crap acumulated from wasting money on your russian rollete packs (btw, i hate the fact NOW this is how you get your end-game gear sets. keep the cosmetics, give us back our token vendors with new awesome looking sets PLEASE), for one main reason..... i can't sell any of the crap, i can't trade any of the crap, i even try to use crap but i also like nice things.

also, if you think about it, it's only a fair use of my money. Use it to fill my shiny new yellow comand bar!

This was probably my last imput here. I'll be waiting on the next cinematic that will hype the crap out of me, and when you release it you will get one more subscription. I seriosly hope, for the last time, some1 is actualy paying attention.

OP to your point of Disintegrating Cartel market items. No, just no. You should never be allowed to Disintegrate items you paid for to get command XP. They did it correctly on this.