Game Hangs on Exit

Young_Raldo

When I ran full screen (non-windowed), I'd have to sign out (faster than restart) to close it, because I couldn't get Task Manager to get the focus.

When I run full screen windowed, at least Windows detects that the application is hung and I'm given the option of killing it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Windows 10 users, when it hungs press CTRL+ALT+DEL and open Task Manager.

After this, screen goes black.

Press Start Menu (Start Button or CTRL+ESC).

You will see the windows bar and all others running, including star wars and Task Manager.

The trick is Not to click the Task manager at the small icon preview, but to hover with your mouse over it.

Hovering on task manager, it will allow you to select the program you want to terminate using arrow keys.

After selecting Swtor press CTRL+E to end it

nothing in patch notes that I could see about fixing it, but ever since 5.0 I pretty much started alt+f4 exiting the game, because normal exit would hang my computer and would require me to go with task manager route. win 7 home edition, so its across various windows versions.

Hangs on me every time. Alt-Tab or WindowsKey-Tab lets me see my taskbar and windows but if I select another app, the SWTOR app is still covering the entire screen and I can't see Task manager.

My solution was to create a new shortcut and place it on my taskbar. The command line is "C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM swtor.exe /F" and giving it Admin rights.

Now, when it hangs, I can WindowsKey-Tab and click this shortcut on my taskbar. Kills SWTOR nicely. Just a bandaid until they fix it.

I've found that even CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work for me, only thing that has so far is hitting the reset button on my PC. Now, I haven't tried ALT-F4, I can try that later.

All you have to do is set task manager to always be on top, in options.

Also - what the OP describes is happening to me as well, windows 10, started with 5.0. Happens about 90% of the time.

Edited by Vember