Classes that get little-to-no acknowledgment in KotFE/KotET?

JLazarillo

Random thought, I know a big complaint with the expansions is that there's little referral back to who the character "originally" was. But at the same time, there's almost too much of that for a token-60 character, it seems to me. If I wanted to experience the expansion story and sort of "head canon" that my character wasn't one of the eight originals, is there any that would be particular suited there, or would at least come close?

I'm thinking maybe Consular, but not sure. They get the fewest companions to break the impression, at least, not sure about other story related stuff.

I think the Smuggler has seen less love these past expansions than the Consular. Both have only had two companions return. (Consular had Qyzen and Rusk, Smuggler had Bowdarr and Guss). The problem being that since the two expansions have been so focused on the issues of the Force and less on the state of the galaxy as a whole, the Jedi and Sith characters have felt a better fit to the current threat.

Hopefully with the next chapters in the story we will see a shift towards issues that concern everyone and not just those with an extra sensory ability. I would assume that since they didn't really broach the subject in KotET that the next bit will focus on planets that want to break free of both the Empire and the Republic. This would give us a chance to reconnect with the remaining members of our old teams with members of the smuggler and hunters working on the freedom fighters side and the Troopers, Jedi, Sith, and agents trying to keep order for their allied factions.

I could potentially see the "bad guys" in charge as a group of rogue force users that believe they should be in charge for one reason or another. This would cement the reason in both Legends and Disney cannon as to why Jedi try to avoid direct intervention in political matters except in extreme cases.

This would also solve some issues as to why the characters that are missing so far didn't contact you after the Alliance became a big deal and some other notes

- Risha, and Corso could be working on regaining her homeworld after its civil war.

-Akavi could be working as a hunter for hire (maybe with Mako, cause that would be an interesting companionship)

-Jeassa could be directly under Empress Acina who has a forward way of thinking and would allow for either dark or light side versions without to much trouble. Working on stopping an uprising during the current expansion would explain the absence during your trip to Kass city makes sense.

-Elara would have been stationed on a backwater planet because of Saresh. contact with the outside worlds may be somewhat limited there.

-The remaining missing companions would likely have similar issues to those in some degree or another.

I think anything else along this line of thought I'll put into a different thread in a week or two since I'm way off topic at this point.

TL: DR I think the Smuggler has least love

Edited by Argonloris

I think the Smuggler has seen less love these past expansions than the Consular. Both have only had two companions return. (Consular had Qyzen and Rusk, Smuggler had Bowdarr and Guss).

Actually, the poor Consular has had only one companion return (Qyzen). Rusk is the Jedi Knight's companion.

To the OP: Both the Smuggler and the Consular would fit your criteria, because even though a couple of their companions have returned, they were all done by Alliance Alert, which you can just outright ignore. Neither of them have had any companions come back via the main story. NOT YET, at least. They may return some via story in the future. Supposedly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FWIW, I think the Smuggler is the most fun. They don't fit real well in the whole "USE THE FORCE LUKE" theme, but they have the very best one liners, hands down. So they're just in it for the crazy ride.

Edited by AngFour

Not a bad idea, force users have been stealing the spotlight since SoR, Makeb actually worked really well with Trooper/Agent/Merc, Smug not so much in my opinion, and since it seems we are going to see the republic and the empire at war again, they could switch their attention towards those classes again.

Buuuut we now have a ginormous ammount of power at our fingertips, so i dont know how we could yet again be brought to..."menial" conflicts. Unless Bw wants to strip us of our power, tho that would only keep dragging the plot over and over and over.

I suggest Sith Inquisitor. None of their companions make an appearance, and there's virtually no reference to your 1-50 antics. Hell, when I met the Empress she said "It's nice to meet you". And I was thinking "I'm a Dark Councilor. We've met before! I was at your daughter's quinceanera."

I suggest Sith Inquisitor. None of their companions make an appearance, and there's virtually no reference to your 1-50 antics. Hell, when I met the Empress she said "It's nice to meet you". And I was thinking "I'm a Dark Councilor. We've met before! I was at your daughter's quinceanera."

Talos, and your Apprentice join up early on. And some consider the new brute to be a replacement for Khem Val. I'm a bit confused as to where you get the idea that Inquisitor has nothing there. So far the list stands as such

Knight- T7, Kira, Doc, Rusk, Scourge

Consular- Qyzen, Theran, Irreso, Zenith, Nadia

Trooper- Aric, Elara, M1-4X, Yuun, Tanno (brief apperance, may come back later)

Smuggler- Corso, Risha, Bowdarr, Akaavi, Guss

I think most of the empire classes are sitting pretty on getting things back and seeing the love.

Warrior- Vette, Jaesa, Malavai, Pierce, Broonmark

Inquisitor- Khem Val (may have been replaced), Andronokis, Ashara, Talos, Xalek

Hunter- Mako, Gualt, Torian, Blizz, Skadge

Agent- Kaliyo, Vector, Lokin, SCORPIO, Temple

I'm thinking maybe Consular, but not sure. They get the fewest companions to break the impression, at least, not sure about other story related stuff.

If you want to head-canon an insta-60 JC who wasn't the original JC from the base game, you'll be disappointed, because:

You are mentioned as "Barsen'thor" (?sp) almost as soon as you step into Darth Marr's flagship at the beginning of KotFE chapter I.

In the same way, an insta-60 SI will disappoint, as:

Captain Fora on Darth Marr's ship greets you as Darth Imperious, which is the Light Side Darth-name granted at the end of Chapter 3 of the base story.