Are we jumping the gun with the command xp?

Darkside

During a press interview for the KotET launch, they gave something of a response to a point-blank question on the RNG issue:

"We want everyone to have fun playing the game, and we think adding this system contributes to that because you’re ultimately getting much more loot much faster than you did before."

Now I know BW has lost their minds. There is simply no way an intelligent game designer can look at gc and how loot is handled and claim gamers are ultimately getting more loot than we were before.

That whole article tells me they saw this travisity coming but decided to let it ride. Nothing but incompotence.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During a press interview for the KotET launch, they gave something of a response to a point-blank question on the RNG issue:

Quote: Originally Posted by Producer Ben Irving

“We’ve obviously heard the concerns from the community, which really boils down to one specific thing: In order to get my set bonus — which makes me as powerful as I can be — I need six out of seven specific items. What happens if I don’t ever in the 300 levels of Galactic Command end up with the piece that I need? We have a couple of thoughts on that. One, if in the future it turns out to be a problem, then we will be flexible. There are a lot of ways to solve this. We have talked about for people over a certain Command Rank adding a vendor just let them buy the missing piece that they have. If you get to Command Rank 200 and you never got the boots, all right you can go and buy the boots because you’ve played enough of the game.

“There are things like that that we can do if it turns out to be a problem. In all the testing we’ve done and the models we’ve run to see how this plays out for people, we really don’t believe that it will be a problem. But it’s really hard to know until we monitor player behavior and we monitor the things that players are actually repeating from the loot drops. But ultimately our answer is yes. If it turns out to be a problem, we will be sure to address it. We’re very flexible in those things. We want everyone to have fun playing the game, and we think adding this system contributes to that because you’re ultimately getting much more loot much faster than you did before.”

I literally just laughed so hard. Is this a real interview or a joke? Their metrics didnt shows problems while testing this new RNG system?

Here is a proof from live servers. I'm at rank 22 and i have got 2 230 rating MK3 items. First was relic early few ranks and now at rank 22 i get EXACT same relic again. Thats right 2 items total and both identical.

I just have nothing else to add. I'm not goning to grind to level 200 to proof Bioware that their testing was so off the charts its not even funny.

The system works fine, I love the RNG crates. I love opening random packs, you never know what you're going to get. I can see it being annoying if you're down to your last piece but for the most part it's quite fun.

Just because you like gambling doesn't mean everyone will or does....

Y... yes... i... i know its on the first page but I have to do something to pass the time, and its been awhile since my last forum PVP session...