Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BW : you expect me to grind for more than 20 years

Flingor

This is why the game is dying....Maybe think twice before recommending people simply leave instead of bioware actually doing something to fix the game?

RNG was one of the worst things they could have possibly have done to this game. It's as if they are trying to shut down the servers.

What fix? That user was making perfect sense. If you have to put your job & family before the game, there's no way you're going to outrank or come close to competing with the jobless guy or student on vacation who has nothing to do 24/7 but grind the game. This is not a system for the casual players. The sooner the casual players understand they lack the skill to survive in the lions den, the better off they'll be.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play this game for the end game content. There's no new end game content... So in effect I'm trying to gear up to where I was before 5.0 dropped to try and finish the things I want to complete. And it's hard to find people to team up with who are capable of doing the hard stuff. I've played about 25 hours and have completed about 40 CP levels for ONE LOWEST TIER SET BONUS piece of armour. ONE! I'm playing PvP because its the only to gain CP levels. I don't love PvP. I've bought CP boost (pay to win). And to top it all off I lost hours of grind on a server roll back. All to do the last 24% of ops I haven't finished.

The grind is too much - I'm losing hope. :mad:

What fix? That user was making perfect sense. If you have to put your job & family before the game, there's no way you're going to outrank or come close to competing with the jobless guy or student on vacation who has nothing to do 24/7 but grind the game. This is not a system for the casual players. The sooner the casual players understand they lack the skill to survive in the lions den, the better off they'll be.

I agree. With the current system, casual players wlil have a hard time, and likely leave the game.

Before, people with jobs and families, they could play one or two hours a day and STILL have the chance to gear up their characters to do nightmare raiding at the weekends. But now, it's going to take them months, and they'll likely get bored of the game. BW has given them less options now.

:rolleyes:

The Galactic Command system could have been a nice continuation of the legacy or kind of a veteran-bonus-system, providing little fun distractions (comp gifts, toys, etc) every now and then, nothing game-changing. That way the eternal grind wouldn't have been a problem either.

As it stands now, I'm looking at somewhere between 20 and 40 years to get my account/char-selection back to where they were in 4.0. Not exactly the kind of commitment I had in mind.

Add to that the "you did NOT??"-disappointment of CXP-boosts for shiny CCs...

Well... In short: Subscription runs out this week; out of 7 core members of our guild, 6 have already started playing other games; did enjoy the story, though.

Hope remains that subscription numbers will drop hard enough for BW to make some serious changes to the GC-system.

Drastically cutting down the grind on each char (why legacy-bound cxp is a bad idea has been explained sufficiently in other threads) and adding s.th. like legacy-bound tokens from the crates to use doubles on alts...could possibly salvage the GC-system.

You'd still need to grind at least one character to the higher tiers in order to farm equipment of that tier for your alts.

Just my 2 cents...

So long, and "may the odds be ever in your favor".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.