Kolto Stations and being forced into healer role if you want heal gear in RNG command

nhsknudsen

Yeah just no, just spend an entire FP in story mode in my lvl 65 gear as a 70 healer but everyone ignored that fact and ran around spamming kolto making me redundant for an entire flashpoint. I of course contributed with force storm on trash dps but ehh..

Either you remove RNG from crates and let us pick what we want out of those crates (ie. set to focus healing gear) or you remove Kolto Stations.

No thanks. I rely on those stations for when I'm running with beginning healers who aren't quite good yet (how are they going to learn if I don't let them practice?) or when it's a particularly tough op and my healer is overwhelmed.

No thanks. I rely on those stations for when I'm running with beginning healers who aren't quite good yet (how are they going to learn if I don't let them practice?) or when it's a particularly tough op and my healer is overwhelmed.

How are they going to learn if you take their practice away by pressing Kolto?

you know you don't have to be in healer mode during the flash point to get healing gear, just have to be in it when you open the crates.

I just did a uprising as a DPS and leveled up during it. When I got out I switched my Galactic Command role to healer then opened my crate.... and got DPS gear.

Edited by Radzkie

I just did a uprising as a DPS and leveled up during it. When I got out I switched my Galactic Command role to healer then opened my crate.... and got DPS gear.

Maybe you actually have to respec constantly for it to work, dunno. It is still incredibly ******.

Seen smugglers get sabers in their crates. Its all random.

Figures.

Seen smugglers get sabers in their crates. Its all random.

Pretty sure you mean the unmodded weapons/gear, bind on equip. Then it is not an issue, these things are meant to be traded.

It is like complaining that your smuggler is getting a sith inquisitor armor piece from an alliance supply crate (the ones you get from heroics).

Edited by demotivator

The gear drops are according to your current discipline, not your role selection. If you want healer gear you need to be specced as a healer.

My sorc got an empty-shell sniper rifle in her first crate. And a mildly unattractive 228-green helmet.

Again their putting unmodded organge gear you can send to all, if you look that sniper was mind on equip... and 2 the heltme might be unattracted butmore like better gear also xD that's why the designed the outfit maker ;)

Again their putting unmodded organge gear you can send to all, if you look that sniper was mind on equip... and 2 the heltme might be unattracted butmore like better gear also xD that's why the designed the outfit maker ;)

Yeah, I know all that - I noticed the "bind on equip" straight away. And yes, of course, I use Outfit Designer. That particular character has twelve slots in use for those ... moments. (One is Basic Women's Underwear plus covert energy and Hide-Helmet, dyed white/white. On a Rattataki. She almost looks naked. :D :D :eek::D :D )

commando dps here, I keep getting healer implants, gear is eliminator but left side seems random

Your Implants might be named 'medic' or whatever, but DPS and Heal implants are functionally identical. They'll work just fine for your DPS spec. :rolleyes:

Your Implants might be named 'medic' or whatever, but DPS and Heal implants are functionally identical. They'll work just fine for your DPS spec. :rolleyes:

well on my current set already have enough alac from augs.

If I use the drops I'm having a lot of alacrity at expenses of crit, and I like big pew pew.

I'm receiving "quick savant" ones when I use "adept" ones

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
clarification

The gear drops are according to your current discipline, not your role selection. If you want healer gear you need to be specced as a healer.

So whats the point of selecting your GC role? I guess it could be for aesthetics, or redundancy since it's connected to the Group Finder .

commando dps here, I keep getting healer implants, gear is eliminator but left side seems random

I recently got an acc implant while my role and spec was heals.

Im talking about the actual gear btw, not the schematics. The other peice I orginally posted about was DPS set bonus bracers.

Edited by Radzkie

So whats the point of selecting your GC role? I guess it could be for aesthetics only.

I recently got an acc implant while my role and spec was heals.

Im talking about the actual gear btw, not the schematics. The other peice I orginally posted about was DPS set bonus bracers.

We are talking about developrs who think that you need accuracy in WZ, don't forget that. It wouldn;'t surprise me if they would think that healer needs accruracy.