So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

Awhile ago you said there was a lot of people who wanted Vaylin as a companion, glancing at the FB comments, I think you were right. :eek:

I know. And it's not all people. We see only the English forum, tweeter, some sites, you even can not imagine how such people more. And there are those who are not expressed on the forums, writes and voiced their thoughts and wishes. Now the majority has a large number of characters, and if mainly at KOTET was dissatisfaction with the end 8 of the head because we had no choice, but everyone... everyone said that for one of his characters would like this companion. But this is a good sign, means we are heard.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with the character, although her desire to make things suffer is a little over the top. I DO have a problem with fighting her spirit. Which leads me to this question: Did those who made this chapter do so with the intention of making me NOT want to play this game anymore? If so, well done! I don't mind the game being challenging. But this goes way beyond that into the realm of making me very angry. I've beaten her with 6 of my toons. But I'm stuck on my Jedi Consular. I've used every strategy I can find or think of. After about 30 mins, I get Vaylin down to about 75% health and she finds a way to kill me. Litterally every time I run away to heal, my toon does this sort of stutter-step where I have to keep hitting the move-forward button. Inevitably, it becomes one of those moments when I'm all too aware that I will never get these minutes I've just wasted back. I know it's just a game. But, games are supposed to be fun, yes? Sorry to insult anyone's attempt at creativity, but there is nothing fun about this chapter. It's just an obstacle....an obstacle I am getting very tired of trying to overcome. I am considering deleting my lvl 70 Jedi Consular and never playing the class again if I have to keep repeating the same failure over and over.

On an unrelated note, why is it that this website NEVER recognizes the computer I'm logging in from? I've been playing for 6 months. Every time I try to check the forums for something, it makes me enter a one-time password rather than just accepting the same login info I've been using from the same computer every single time.

For your first question, there's already a thread for people who have issues with that fight. For the second one, contact customer service.

Thank you and have a nice day.

I don't have a problem with the character, although her desire to make things suffer is a little over the top. I DO have a problem with fighting her spirit. Which leads me to this question: Did those who made this chapter do so with the intention of making me NOT want to play this game anymore? If so, well done! I don't mind the game being challenging. But this goes way beyond that into the realm of making me very angry. I've beaten her with 6 of my toons. But I'm stuck on my Jedi Consular. I've used every strategy I can find or think of. After about 30 mins, I get Vaylin down to about 75% health and she finds a way to kill me. Litterally every time I run away to heal, my toon does this sort of stutter-step where I have to keep hitting the move-forward button. Inevitably, it becomes one of those moments when I'm all too aware that I will never get these minutes I've just wasted back. I know it's just a game. But, games are supposed to be fun, yes? Sorry to insult anyone's attempt at creativity, but there is nothing fun about this chapter. It's just an obstacle....an obstacle I am getting very tired of trying to overcome. I am considering deleting my lvl 70 Jedi Consular and never playing the class again if I have to keep repeating the same failure over and over.

On an unrelated note, why is it that this website NEVER recognizes the computer I'm logging in from? I've been playing for 6 months. Every time I try to check the forums for something, it makes me enter a one-time password rather than just accepting the same login info I've been using from the same computer every single time.

I see several options. First: ask a friend to go to the head of the group and already together to try to solve this problem. Second: to emerge from Chapter, to run and improve your gear. There is one thing that many did not understand how to defeat Vaylin, I do not know you do this or not, but just in case, it is necessary to beat near. As soon as you leave the circle, you get a portion of your damage, as it reflects in you. Use memory of healing (bubble with green circle). Avoid big red circle. With good gear you won't notice, but in a weak very significantly.

Edited by UghkoffR

I know. And it's not all people. We see only the English forum, tweeter, some sites, you even can not imagine how such people more. And there are those who are not expressed on the forums, writes and voiced their thoughts and wishes. Now the majority has a large number of characters, and if mainly at KOTET was dissatisfaction with the end 8 of the head because we had no choice, but everyone... everyone said that for one of his characters would like this companion. But this is a good sign, means we are heard.

It's not expressed on the fourms because only people who pay for the subscription can post here :confused:

I agree with the last part.

So what was so cool about her?

The way she force chocked her own people in most cutscenes she appeared?

Well her backstory is interesting. Despite being stuck on Nathama for most of life, she was intelligent, more so than Arcann.

Yes, she's got a short temper, but that's no different from most Sith NPCs you come across. Especially Thana Vesh from the Taris story.

She's pretty ****** in combat, leading her soldiers into battle. She later goes on to slaughter a bunch of Alliance bases in one hour during one of the KOTET chapters.

Well her backstory is interesting. Despite being stuck on Nathama for most of life, she was intelligent, more so than Arcann.

Yes, she's got a short temper, but that's no different from most Sith NPCs you come across. Especially Thana Vesh from the Taris story.

She's pretty ****** in combat, leading her soldiers into battle. She later goes on to slaughter a bunch of Alliance bases in one hour during one of the KOTET chapters.

So she was stuck on Nathema and suffered under her father.

That's literally it.

And yes she has a very short temper, (despite the entire chapter 12 trying to show us how they use the force in a different way lol) They are both sith dark side brats. She in particular is a worse version of Dark Side Jaesa and there is nothing interesting about there.

There is no redeeming quality about her.

That's literally it.

And yes she has a very short temper, (despite the entire chapter 12 trying to show us how they use the force in a different way lol) They are both sith dark side brats. She in particular is a worse version of Dark Side Jaesa and there is nothing interesting about there.

Hum..

I disagree . I have LS Jaessa and she is utterly boring . For DS Jaessa , I only saw her on Vid . And she seemed to have lost her brain during the switch from Light to Dark .

And that is something that doesn't happen with Vaylin . Sure , Kotfe make them all look bad cose it was written badly .

But in Kotet it get better .

That's literally it.

Either way, I think she's a cool character. Defiantly better than the mob we got during KOTFE/KOTET.

That's literally it.

Yet somehow you can be a psychopath and lead an alliance to take down the Eternal Empire, and not be questioned except by a companion you can kill for disagreeing with you.

Yet somehow you can be a psychopath and lead an alliance to take down the Eternal Empire, and not be questioned except by a companion you can kill for disagreeing with you.

They had the nerve to question me. Death was all but certain for them! :rak_04:

I suppose. I have no idea what goes on in the French or German section of the forums. :rak_02:

Hum..

I disagree . I have LS Jaessa and she is utterly boring . For DS Jaessa , I only saw her on Vid . And she seemed to have lost her brain during the switch from Light to Dark .

And that is something that doesn't happen with Vaylin . Sure , Kotfe make them all look bad cose it was written badly .

But in Kotet it get better .

There is nothing Vaylin does that makes her seem more intelligent than Jaesa. The biggest difference between them is that Vaylin is more impulsive and less disciplined. As well as the fact that Jaesa cared about people and things that Vaylin did not.

There is nothing Vaylin does that makes her seem more intelligent than Jaesa. The biggest difference between them is that Vaylin is more impulsive and less disciplined. As well as the fact that Jaesa cared about people and things that Vaylin did not.

yeah she does . Vaylin was always powerful and someone blocked her power . So she just unleash it all . No change in her personality .

jaessa , change completely when she ''fall'' to the dark side . and that is the issue . She shouldn't change so drasticly . From quiet shy woman to Muahahahaha I'm gonna kill for you master !

You gonna tell me , there is no difference between LS and DS jaessa ?

yeah she does . Vaylin was always powerful and someone blocked her power . So she just unleash it all . No change in her personality .

jaessa , change completely when she ''fall'' to the dark side . and that is the issue . She shouldn't change so drasticly . From quiet shy woman to Muahahahaha I'm gonna kill for you master !

You gonna tell me , there is no difference between LS and DS jaessa ?

Did I say there was no difference between LS Jaesa and DS Jaesa? Of course not. I said Vaylin does not display any behavior over the course of the expansions that demonstrates she is more intelligent than Jaesa. And also, no change in Vaylin's personality? Where you even paying attention? Senya's entire motivation to save her was that she used to be a sweet little girl. After Vaylin's death she said she used to hope that Vaylin would return to her as the daughter she remembered.

Edited by OldVengeance

Did I say there was no difference between LS Jaesa and DS Jaesa? Of course not. I said Vaylin does not display any behavior over the course of the expansions that demonstrates she is more intelligent than Jaesa. And also, no change in Vaylin's personality? Where you even paying attention? Senya's entire motivation to save her was that she used to be a sweet little girl. After Vaylin's death she said she used to hope that Vaylin would return to her as the daughter she remembered.

That is a Kid vaylin vs Adult and year and torture . Big difference between Jaessa meeting her old master , and then her jumping on your ship all dark side .

Big difference . Jaessa change was in a short time . Vaylin change was over years . when the game start she already corrupted/destroyed .

And Jaesa didn't experience any trauma? Her parents and old masters and friends were potentially murdered while she feels it through the Force. And then the Warrior made her believe the entire structure of belief system was a lie. That's all beside the point, though.

Because, by your own admission, their situations are not comparable. She was already a darksider. Of course, Vaylin didn't experience a change in personality. Because she did not go through any big changes in the game. What point are you even trying to make here?

Edited by OldVengeance

Guys, what's the difference how came to the dark side Jessa or Vaylin. It is important that both of them were consumed by the dark side that led to some mental changes in their worldview. They are absolutely different, but they share the ways the use of Force in similar manners. Jessa trained in the basics of martial arts, some techniques use of Force, Vaylin was just taught to control the Force.

We have a new theme, people have viewed commercials KOTFE/KOTET, and the issue of why Vitiate indifferent to their sons, but at the same time locked Vaylin. And there was such a proposal that may Vaylin was for him a new vessel, until the outlander appeared in 1st chapter of KOTFE. Could it be?

The second point in the game there are video sequences, where Vaylin receives the lightsaber from Valkorion. Then there is an inset on the planet with the robots, where Vaylin tells Thexan that she was released by Arcann. The question of how Arcann did it without the father's consent? If Arcann did it with the permission of the father, then it turns out her father was released, but not Arcann. we are missing something or just not matchmaking?

Edited by UghkoffR

Guys, what's the difference how came to the dark side Jessa or Vaylin. It is important that both of them were consumed by the dark side that led to some mental changes in their worldview. They are absolutely different, but they share the ways the use of Force in similar manners. Jessa trained in the basics of martial arts, some techniques use of Force, Vaylin was just taught to control the Force.

We have a new theme, people have viewed commercials KOTFE/KOTET, and the issue of why Vitiate indifferent to their sons, but at the same time locked Vaylin. And there was such a proposal that may Vaylin was for him a new vessel, until the outlander appeared in 1st chapter of KOTFE. Could it be?

The second point in the game there are video sequences, where Vaylin receives the lightsaber from Valkorion. Then there is an inset on the planet with the robots, where Vaylin tells Thexan that she was released by Arcann. The question of how Arcann did it without the father's consent? If Arcann did it with the permission of the father, then it turns out her father was released, but not Arcann. we are missing something or just not matchmaking?

All we know is Arcann got her out of Nathama, granted we don't know enough, it was implied he may have rescued her, but now I'm thinking it was a simple case of Arcann was told to go and get her and she's just grateful someone took her away from that planet.

Valkorian: "Go get your sister!"

Arcann: "Okay."

Thexan: "Can I go too?"

Valkorian: "YOU'RE NOT IN THE BUDGET!"

Edited by fishpeople

We have a new theme, people have viewed commercials KOTFE/KOTET, and the issue of why Vitiate indifferent to their sons, but at the same time locked Vaylin.

What issue? Vitiate clearly tells you why he acts the way he does towards his children, Vaylin was too dangerous in potential to simply let roam free of restraints, and he wanted to push his sons to fight for his approval to both amuse himself and be left with the stronger of the two.