So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

Or have her flee the Alliance base into the forest to hang around with the spirit of Darth Marr. In either scenario, it needs to have some epic Rogue One inspired lightsaber action. :rak_03:

Marr is unlikely to train her, rather the opposite. To train Vaylin and you can, if you force user

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. I think they could have quite easily done something that would have resulted in Vaylin joining for either further DS crazy stuff or the LS redemption path.

They should have done something with Thexan's ghost on Nathema instead of Valkorian's 'father.' Out of the entire family, Thexan was the only one who treated Vaylin well from the start until the end. Valkorion caged her mind. Senya abandoned her on Nathame and Arcann betrayed her. I don't doubt for a second Thexan would have been able to start her down the path of redemption.

its too bad they made it so hard to kill her off, its a game killer for some of us!

#WeWantVaylin

#WeWantVaylin

Edited by NayntaLot

They should have done something with Thexan's ghost on Nathema instead of Valkorian's 'father.' Out of the entire family, Thexan was the only one who treated Vaylin well from the start until the end. Valkorion caged her mind. Senya abandoned her on Nathame and Arcann betrayed her. I don't doubt for a second Thexan would have been able to start her down the path of redemption.

#WeWantVaylin

Yeah, Thexan appearing during chapter 7 would have been nice.

Marr and Satel get a new room mate for their forest pad? Sounds like a new low-budget galactic sit com!

This week ... Darth Marr takes off his mask and Satele ages 20 years. :eek:

I agree with the OP. I think they could have quite easily done something that would have resulted in Vaylin joining for either further DS crazy stuff or the LS redemption path.

its too bad they made it so hard to kill her off, its a game killer for some of us!

#WeWantVaylin

I don't know about a 'game killer' but defiantly my desire to replay KOTET with the current options we have.

I don't know about a 'game killer' but defiantly my desire to replay KOTET with the current options we have.

not to change KOTET, but to release another bonus Chapter, with the wishes of the players, and plot the fix, which found the players passing KOTFE/KOTET

I really hope we get more on this, and I also would like to try and work towards getting her mind fixed like Arcann. The chapter were we go to Nathema was just... horrifying. To think all of this was being done to some 12-15 y/o kid was gut wrenching, and it really gave me some sympathy for her. Arcann sort of got off easy, Valk just manipulated into a rage filled kid with daddy issues, but he flat out broke Vaylin. I do hope they expand on her lingering spirit and I hope we give her closure.

But in all likelihood we'll probably just switch gears towards Malgus.

I agree that I'm disappointed that we couldn't save Vaylin as well as Arcann. I was really hoping we'd knock her out in chapoter 8, and then could give her a choice at redemption. free of Valkorion's interference, she could choose treatment for once in her life. Maybe she'd opt for the same Voss Mystics treatment Arcann got after seeing what he was like with his redemption. Maybe she'd choose to give up her Force gift if it gave up the torment that had come with it. When we get her in our mind in chapter 9, you / Arcann can talk her around into helping by promising her a choice on what to do. I would have liked to see her get to work at healing, since in the end she was an abused and manipulated child who deserved better. Especially as someone playing a Consular with their healing powers...

I agree that I'm disappointed that we couldn't save Vaylin as well as Arcann. I was really hoping we'd knock her out in chapoter 8, and then could give her a choice at redemption. free of Valkorion's interference, she could choose treatment for once in her life. Maybe she'd opt for the same Voss Mystics treatment Arcann got after seeing what he was like with his redemption. Maybe she'd choose to give up her Force gift if it gave up the torment that had come with it. When we get her in our mind in chapter 9, you / Arcann can talk her around into helping by promising her a choice on what to do. I would have liked to see her get to work at healing, since in the end she was an abused and manipulated child who deserved better. Especially as someone playing a Consular with their healing powers...

This. Why weren't we given more options during KOTET? The only two I can think of are Killing/Saving Senya and Arcann, and the choice between Torian and Vette. :(

Vaylin did respond to what she thought was Thexan on Iokath, so I suppose had they done something like this it could have worked.

For me it's annoying because Vaylin is much more sympathetic than Arcaan. Oh boo hoo, your daddy didn't love you!

Well, your sister got put through a hell that makes Sith training seem pleasant in comparison. Sith training is not pleasant, it is brutal and bloody and usually lethal. Vaylin's childhood might actually be the worst childhood of any character in SWTOR.

And before you move on, I'd like you to think about that - that Vaylin might have had the roughest childhood of any NPC in SWTOR: Kira, Elara, Vette, Saresh, Nadia... her time on Nathema casts becoming a Child of the Emperor in relief compared to actually being born one.

That's my take away: what's worse than being the First Son of The Emperor? Being his biological daughter.

And before you move on, I'd like you to think about that - that Vaylin might have had the roughest childhood of any NPC in SWTOR: Kira, Elara, Vette, Saresh, Nadia... her time on Nathema casts becoming a Child of the Emperor in relief compared to actually being born one.

I would have liked to have seen Kira and Vaylin having a discussion about being 'Children of the Empire' or maybe have Kira on her own mission to save Vaylin having her own experiences with the Emperor.

Expanding on your quote, I can't think of any Star Wars character who had it as rough as Vaylin did.

Another option that would have been nice. :rak_03:

For me it's annoying because Vaylin is much more sympathetic than Arcaan. Oh boo hoo, your daddy didn't love you!

Well, your sister got put through a hell that makes Sith training seem pleasant in comparison. Sith training is not pleasant, it is brutal and bloody and usually lethal. Vaylin's childhood might actually be the worst childhood of any character in SWTOR.

That's my take away: what's worse than being the First Son of The Emperor? Being his biological daughter.

I agree. Between to two, I think Arcann was very bland. He felt like a generic bad guy character for most of KOTFE; he had his moments in KOTET, but by this point, I was more interested in Vaylin's backstory.

I can't think of any character in SWTOR that had it as bad as Vaylin. Kira I suppose is the distant second (along with any other children of the Emperor), but even they never went through the hell Vaylin did.

I would have liked to have seen Kira and Vaylin having a discussion about being 'Children of the Empire' or maybe have Kira on her own mission to save Vaylin having her own experiences with the Emperor.

Expanding on your quote, I can't think of any Star Wars character who had it as rough as Vaylin did.

Certainly there hasn't been one in the 8 Star Wars movies (yes I'm counting Rogue One).

Certainly there hasn't been one in the 8 Star Wars movies (yes I'm counting Rogue One).

I suppose whoever had to work with Jar Jar in episode 2 when he was acting as the Naboo Senator is a contender but yeah, I can't think of anyone.

Maybe that alien dude brought Vaylin a Gungan friend to play with. ;)

Anyone who was forced to work with Jar Jar is likely beyond any form of repair.

Going to the JK plot. The original plan for the Emperor (or what later turned out to be the Emperor's voice) was to bring him to Typhon so the Jedi could 'operate' on him. If they were planning to do that for the Emperor, couldn't the option have also been considered for Vaylin?

Or send her to whatever remains of the Dark Council (Darth Vowronn (sp?), Empress Acina, etc.)

The plan was to redeem Vitiate to the Lightside with the righteousness of their persuasive arguments against the Darkside. It was a doomed plan from the start. The entire premise of that part of the story was that Tol Brara was enormously overconfident, certain of his success because of the nobility of his mission alone. The Jedi have since learned from his failure. Edited by OldVengeance

The plan was to redeem Vitiate to the Lightside with the righteousness of their persuasive arguments against the Darkside. It was a doomed plan from the start. The entire premise of that part of the story was that Tol Brara was enormously overconfident, certain of his success because of the nobility of his mission alone. The Jedi have since learned from his failure.

The issue was that Tenebrae was actually born evil.

That's truly a rare thing - for a sentient being to be born with black eyes and to start psychically attacking its family.

Reminds me of the little girl from the Ring.

Redeeming someone who was born evil is nigh-impossible.

But Vaylin? We saw her in the trailer, she was a sweet innocent little girl who had the world taken away from her.

Edited by AshlaBoga

The issue was that Tenebrae was actually born evil.

That's truly a rare thing - for a sentient being to be born with black eyes and to start psychically attacking its family.

Reminds me of the little girl from the Ring.

Redeeming someone who was born evil is nigh-impossible.

But Vaylin? We saw her in the trailer, she was a sweet innocent little girl who had the world taken away from her.

If we can redeem Lord Scourge, one of the Dread Masters and Arcann, I fail to see why it couldn't have worked with Vaylin too.

The plan was to redeem Vitiate to the Lightside with the righteousness of their persuasive arguments against the Darkside. It was a doomed plan from the start. The entire premise of that part of the story was that Tol Brara was enormously overconfident, certain of his success because of the nobility of his mission alone. The Jedi have since learned from his failure.

They were still willing to try, something the Jedi of the KOTFE/KOTET arc seem to have given up on entirely.

So much for "No one deserves death, no matter what their crimes."

They were still willing to try, something the Jedi of the KOTFE/KOTET arc seem to have given up on entirely.

So much for "No one deserves death, no matter what their crimes."

I always liked how Bastila delivered that line.

The Jedi from SWTOR seem more influenced by the Sith than anything else.

Anyway, Vaylin companion please. :p

Going to the JK plot. The original plan for the Emperor (or what later turned out to be the Emperor's voice) was to bring him to Typhon so the Jedi could 'operate' on him.

And you as well as other NPCs were quickly able to point out just how mind numbingly stupid that plan was

If we can redeem Lord Scourge, one of the Dread Masters and Arcann, I fail to see why it couldn't have worked with Vaylin too.

Scourge was not redeemed, he was simply competent enough to see that serving the emperor knowing the endgame plan was an insane endevor. His companion conversations only lead to him respecting the Jedi Knight as a combatant, while still holding to his beliefs. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised that he wants us dead the next time he sees us just to make sure Vitiate is gone.

That redeemed Dread Master (From what I remember) and Arcaan wanted to be redeemed, they welcomed change. Vaylin on the other hand doesn't, she enjoys her numerous deeds of destruction and bloodlust, she reveled in it. And with the Voss ritual (With what we've seen of other rituals), it requires the participant to be open to change, willingly pursuing it.

And on the subject of DSers getting her, I'd still call that ********. Beating her down, offering Senya and Arcann's death, displaying superiority would not get her to join you. It would be wildly out of character for Vaylin to be a companion.