The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Firestorm/Ion Storm Proc Bugged

Rhagthar

Just a heads up, I just got around to messing with the changes and it seems that the procs for these abilities might not be removing the resource cost like they should. What was once a much needed free resource spot in the rotation is now adding 20 heat for me, which makes it pretty unbearable to use. I personally can't speak for Ion Storm, but Firestorm/Flame Engine for sure is suffering from this issue.

I already bugged it, just getting this out there in case you were doing the same thing as before and wondering why your resources were out of control.

Edit - It seems that what is actually happening is the proc isn't consumed but the damage bonus is still applied for whatever reason. The proc buff stays up and the golden animation around the skill continues while in cooldown.

Edited by Rhagthar

I already bugged it, just getting this out there in case you were doing the same thing as before and wondering why your resources were out of control.

You reported this in bug section? Can't find your post can you link it please? Will need some bumps to have it looked at, pt tank is kinda gimped atm due to this bug.

Edit: posted here don't forget to bump.

Edited by LeglessChair

Just a heads up, I just got around to messing with the changes and it seems that the procs for these abilities might not be removing the resource cost like they should. What was once a much needed free resource spot in the rotation is now adding 20 heat for me, which makes it pretty unbearable to use. I personally can't speak for Ion Storm, but Firestorm/Flame Engine for sure is suffering from this issue.

Edit - It seems that what is actually happening is the proc isn't consumed but the damage bonus is still applied for whatever reason. The proc buff stays up and the golden animation around the skill continues while in cooldown.

Yeah, every PT tank I know including myself has been complaining about this.

You reported this in bug section? Can't find your post can you link it please? Will need some bumps to have it looked at, pt tank is kinda gimped atm due to this bug.

Edit: posted here don't forget to bump.

I reported it as a bug in game with the /bug command is what I meant. Thank you for making that thread! Seems to still be here as of 5.0a, so I will bump it.