I'm surprised no one has started a petition in the forums to stop 5.0

NakodaTheJedi

They did on the French forum a few hours ago.

I think most people know though that these petitions don't work, especially since most players don't come to the forums.

Even if it DID work, BW would pull the latest expansion and we'd have to wait another year on them bringing something else out. Another full year with nothing new would be the end of the game.

Even if it DID work, BW would pull the latest expansion and we'd have to wait another year on them bringing something else out. Another full year with nothing new would be the end of the game.

To be honest, that no longer matters to me. I don't begrudge anyone their SWTOR but if I'm perfectly honest, I'd prefer them starting on a new SW MMO with a proper engine and a better set up overall and they won't do that as long as SWTOR still brings in enough money.

But lucky for me I can enjoy my life without SWTOR just fine. I'm just sort of hanging around since my sub hasn't run out yet and I'll see the expansion come out and will give it a spin as my sub won't run out till early January but I'm not expecting 5.0 to revitalise the game for me. However, if miracles do happen and I find it so much fun that I resub, I'll certainly be big enough to come back here and admit it...just not holding my breath at the moment.

ahhh remember when people would do this lol. I hated it but I kinda wish someone would do it just so the devs can see all in one place how many are against it

where is the logic in this thread? because it is exactly like closing the barn door and locking it well after the horse has not only long bolted, but is over 1,000miles away before you realized it. Calling it out doesn't help either.

the best time to petition against this 5.0 is during it's design stages, but bioware would never reveal what direction they would take with their game so early. in any event its been 6-9months since the content has gone from design to the finished product 1 day and a bit away from launching early access, and now you petition it? how in the world do you expect bioware to give up this content that they invested money and man hours into only to throw it away?

i ask again, where is the logic in this thread.

If you watched dev streams, they seemed to be very open minded about game systems (especially RNGesus involvement).

Simply put: "scrap this, scrap that" won't get you much support or attention.

Please tell devs exactly what isn't good in your opinion, what is straight up bad or what would you change to make this update enjoyable.

Obviously, keep it reasonable. This is still a game, don't expect stuff like "first crate drops 6 set items and we go from there" .

Please tell devs exactly what isn't good in your opinion, what is straight up bad or what would you change to make this update enjoyable.

Obviously, keep it reasonable.

Some of us have, BioWare don't like reading feedback or responding to it or engaging with the community of players that haven't been playing on the PTS. You would have thought closed PTS would have taught them lessons previously, unlike the great community spirit they engaged with on some PvP changes once.

I don't want there to be no 5.0. I'm not thrilled about All changes but I am excited about enough to want to at least play it.

Besides, they've spend money on this expansion, they're not gonna cancel it without people being able to play it and have nothing to do at all for an even longer period of time.

I also don't get why people want to make petitions two days before the expansion.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

To be honest, that no longer matters to me. I don't begrudge anyone their SWTOR but if I'm perfectly honest, I'd prefer them starting on a new SW MMO with a proper engine and a better set up overall and they won't do that as long as SWTOR still brings in enough money.

But lucky for me I can enjoy my life without SWTOR just fine. I'm just sort of hanging around since my sub hasn't run out yet and I'll see the expansion come out and will give it a spin as my sub won't run out till early January but I'm not expecting 5.0 to revitalise the game for me. However, if miracles do happen and I find it so much fun that I resub, I'll certainly be big enough to come back here and admit it...just not holding my breath at the moment.

Here is the thing we all must consider. If and when SWTOR does go dark, After 2 failed SW MMO's will the ever make another one? I'm not so sure.

5.0 won't revitalise swtor. Lets face it to many people PvPer's and PvE'ers have had content droughts for far to long, whether it's lack of PvP class balance, new maps for the PvPer's or End game Operations for PvE players. Those that have left will never come back. The new players they have join for whatever reason (probably due to the easy leveling process) seem to have a lack of understanding for the class they play, and have no desire to research the class, so they can improve themselves. I've seen so many pugs in WZ's or Operations spamming the basic attack like mad, it's really sad.

If you watched dev streams, they seemed to be very open minded about game systems (especially RNGesus involvement).

Simply put: "scrap this, scrap that" won't get you much support or attention.

Obviously, keep it reasonable. This is still a game, don't expect stuff like "first crate drops 6 set items and we go from there" .

Well, that's true as such but BWA are notoriously slow in fixing things, so by the time people run into problems and they fix anything about it we may be halfway or further to the next expansion.

They also still maintain that they don't expect these problems but they also said in that same livestream that they fully expect people to get their set bonuses but that they might not be of the same tier. They just sneak little comments in between there but if you listen closely that's what they said. Of course, when you are going to do harder content people are going to want to have their armourings on tier 3 and not be stuck with a mix of tier 1,2 and 3 armourings. It feels wrong, it feels incomplete.

I personally wouldn't like to have that and by the time they would fix that, we'll be looking at the next expansion. It just doesn't feel very satisfying or rewarding this whole system.

Here is the thing we all must consider. If and when SWTOR does go dark, After 2 failed SW MMO's will the ever make another one? I'm not so sure.

5.0 won't revitalise swtor. Lets face it to many people PvPer's and PvE'ers have had content droughts for far to long, whether it's lack of PvP class balance, new maps for the PvPer's or End game Operations for PvE players. Those that have left will never come back. The new players they have join for whatever reason (probably due to the easy leveling process) seem to have a lack of understanding for the class they play, and have no desire to research the class, so they can improve themselves. I've seen so many pugs in WZ's or Operations spamming the basic attack like mad, it's really sad.

Since I already am planning on quitting in a month I also wouldn't care if the game goes dark and they make no new MMO. But as I said I don't begrudge others their SWTOR so for them I hope SWTOR will live a long time still.

Either way it no longer matters to me unless that miracly happens that I don't expect.

Well, that's true as such but BWA are notoriously slow in fixing things, so by the time people run into problems and they fix anything about it we may be halfway or further to the next expansion..

Not only are they slow, but they don't do subtle well. Instead of tweaks, they tend to make big sweeping changes.

So if the new system does turn out to be bad, any change would likely be a big pendulum swing the other way.

Not only are they slow, but they don't do subtle well. Instead of tweaks, they tend to make big sweeping changes.

So if the new system does turn out to be bad, any change would likely be a big pendulum swing the other way.

Well, my expectation is that they will drop GC with 6.0

I'd still like to see how they will go about GC when new tiers of gear would be introduced with 6.0 and the 5.0 tiers become obsolete. Are they going to reset GC back to level 0 for all or are new characters going to have a big advantage over older character as they will get the new 6.0 tiers faster since they have lower GC levels? It's not for a year yet but I do think ahead and I just don't see how this GC will transition well into a new expansion.

This is ridiculous. You don't want more story? You don't want the uprisings?

People have been whining on the forums since day 1 about the things that are potentially bad for their playstyle, but nobody should be 100% against 5.0 being launched. You'd have to have a massively irrational fear of change to not want the expansion at all.

They also still maintain that they don't expect these problems but they also said in that same livestream that they fully expect people to get their set bonuses but that they might not be of the same tier. They just sneak little comments in between there but if you listen closely that's what they said. Of course, when you are going to do harder content people are going to want to have their armourings on tier 3 and not be stuck with a mix of tier 1,2 and 3 armourings. It feels wrong, it feels incomplete...

That's an OCD statement. You never needed 100% perfect gear to play NIM content.

Well I do want more story, but of a certain quality and of a kind that actually fits my characters. We didn't get that with KotFE and I don't expect it with KotET either. The uprisings seem kinda fun, but that's not enough to save the game for me after 2 years of very little useful new content basically.

Just my opinion of course, but there it is.

That's an OCD statement. You never needed 100% perfect gear to play NIM content.

You don't need mounts either to play, nor sprint, nor strongholds, nor companions, nor story... we don't need a lot of things.

So get off your high horse and accept that people only "need" things in a computer game because it makes it fun or worth playing to them, not because there is some objective need. And so these needs are highly subjective.

Call it OCD if you want but some people get a sense of satisfaction in completing things. For those people there is a subjective need. Just because you don't share that, doesn't mean the game doesn't need it to keep those people playing.

You don't need mounts either to play, nor sprint, nor strongholds, nor companions, nor story... we don't need a lot of things.

So get off your high horse and accept that people only "need" things in a computer game because it makes it fun or worth playing to them, not because there is some objective need. And so these needs are highly subjective.

Call it OCD if you want but some people get a sense of satisfaction in completing things. For those people there is a subjective need. Just because you don't share that, doesn't mean the game doesn't need it to keep those people playing.

At best you're describing a want. You want 100% gear. I truly see it as an OCD thing. It's even worse in freemium games. They lure in players and then exploit their OCD to get them to constantly pay money seeking a 100% experience. At least in this game, it's just asking for your time not extra money.

People have been whining on the forums since day 1 about the things that are potentially bad for their playstyle, but nobody should be 100% against 5.0 being launched. You'd have to have a massively irrational fear of change to not want the expansion at all.

I would rather wait another year with pretty much nothing to do than have 5.0.

At best you're describing a want. You want 100% gear. I truly see it as an OCD thing. It's even worse in freemium games. They lure in players and then exploit their OCD to get them to constantly pay money seeking a 100% experience. At least in this game, it's just asking for your time not extra money.

They are adding booster for CXP in CM so they can get more money on top of subscriptions.