Stop worrying about the server population

NakodaTheJedi

I keep seeing people say their servers are dead and what not....yes I agree they should merge all servers and make 1 east coast server and one west coast and do the same with other servers around the world. But people, you shouldn't worry. Here's why.

People will flood back to the game for 5.0 (dooms day) and then when rogue one comes out players that haven't played in a while will come back and stay. When episode 7 came out that's what happened to me. It inspired me to play again and I've been back since december. So stop worrying I think we will be ok....it also wouldn't kill swtor to put a commercial or two out on the tv so we get more players BUT NO.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people say their servers are dead and what not....yes I agree they should merge all servers and make 1 east coast server and one west coast and do the same with other servers around the world. But people, you shouldn't worry. Here's why.

People will flood back to the game for 5.0 (dooms day) and then when rogue one comes out players that haven't played in a while will come back and stay. When episode 7 came out that's what happened to me. It inspired me to play again and I've been back since december. So stop worrying I think we will be ok....it also wouldn't kill swtor to put a commercial or two out on the tv so we get more players BUT NO.

Hm... And Rogue One is tied to SWTOR because....?? It has nothing in common except the STAR WARS Brand. And even that is very rare to find in SWTOR.

So best case scenario is people will see the film, install this game, and hear all about... the Eternal Empire? A group that isn't Republic or Empire but a third party that spanked them both?

What exactly is going to entice them to stay-the brand?

Dead servers stayed dead when The Force Awakens was in theaters.

The game might get a slight boost from Star Wars films being in theaters and marketing that piggy backs on them, but it isn't going to cause a deluge of new players rushing in.

Folding everything in North Anemerica into one East & West coast server might be a bit much, but there's no reason to keep around servers like Bastion or Jung Ma. They're ghost towns and ghost towns they'll remain.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

the servers aren't dead, it's just the PvP & Raid cues that are dead... i log in and see people on every planet happily playing the actual game... it's all a skewed perspective, when people say the servers are dead what the really mean is nobody cares about their favorite side-content, players or devs... Raiding has killed itself with jerkwad elitists that complain that they can't get a group together because they keep dismissing and passing up on the "scrubs" that wanna join them, and PvP killed itself with a sub-population of sore winners and losers, that typically tell newbies they should just give up and have no business playing PvP... in kind it appears the devs have stopped caring about the toxic activities as well, since nobody except a handful play them, why bother making new ones if the elitists are just gonna run off anybody new... otherwise play the actual game and see how many people are on the planets playing the actual game as opposed to standing on fleet looking for a group and trash-talking any "scrubs" that wanna join... the only servers that are truly abandoned were originally PvP servers, that's telling in and of itself... Edited by Elly_Dawn

The only 2, yes TWO, servers to join or be on at this state and age of SWTOR are either Harbinger (USA) or Red Eclipse (Europe). I wish people would quit dancing and skirting around this. "Oh but Jedi Covenant / Shadowlands etc. have great participating Guilds ...this and that blah blah blah blah...." PUH-leeze.. People need to stop pushing for survival of their dying and fledgling servers that they choose to remain on.

the servers aren't dead, it's just the PvP & Raid cues that are dead... i log in and see people on every planet happily playing the actual game... it's all a skewed perspective, when people say the servers are dead what the really mean is nobody cares about their favorite side-content

Yeah, sorry, but no. I've been playing on almost every server lately in order to get xp suits on all those servers, and on some of them, I will literally be the only person on a planet a lot of the time. The former pvp servers are struggling, and I am not talking about queue times.

the servers aren't dead, it's just the PvP & Raid cues that are dead... i log in and see people on every planet happily playing the actual game... it's all a skewed perspective, when people say the servers are dead what the really mean is nobody cares about their favorite side-content, players or devs... Raiding has killed itself with jerkwad elitists that complain that they can't get a group together because they keep dismissing and passing up on the "scrubs" that wanna join them, and PvP killed itself with a sub-population of sore winners and losers, that typically tell newbies they should just give up and have no business playing PvP... in kind it appears the devs have stopped caring about the toxic activities as well, since nobody except a handful play them, why bother making new ones if the elitists are just gonna run off anybody new... otherwise play the actual game and see how many people are on the planets playing the actual game as opposed to standing on fleet looking for a group and trash-talking any "scrubs" that wanna join... the only servers that are truly abandoned were originally PvP servers, that's telling in and of itself...

1st thing - can you use more annoying color? It was a horror to read it.

2nd thing - what are you talking about? If you don't have players to do MULTIPLAYER content in a Massive Multiplayer game how would you describe such server? I would desribe such server dead.

3rd thing - I went through several planets on a "dead" server and they were empty too. OK, I lie, I did the /who search on planets from the fleet where the gold spam bot was. But still, there was no one. What "dead" servers are you referring to? The Red Eclipse?

The only 2, yes TWO, servers to join or be on at this state and age of SWTOR are either Harbinger (USA) or Red Eclipse (Europe). I wish people would quit dancing and skirting around this. "Oh but Jedi Covenant / Shadowlands etc. have great participating Guilds ...this and that blah blah blah blah...." PUH-leeze.. People need to stop pushing for survival of their dying and fledgling servers that they choose to remain on.

No, Harbinger is absolutely NOT the only NA server worth joining. The Harbinger community is pure cancer right now. All you have to do is spend 3 minutes on the fleet or one of the home worlds to figure that out. Nothing but racial, rude, and disgusting chat permeates the chat box. The cancerous community is what made me flee Harbinger back to my original server from launch. And good riddance.

You were saying?

http://www.torstatus.net/the-red-eclipse/history/7d#!/the-red-eclipse/week/60d

Now, the Red Eclipse is considered the server with the biggest population on EU servers. In the last 60 days it never got higher then "standard". Most of the time it is in "light" state. I look at this site quite often, the last time a server went even close to "heavy" is many many many months ago.

For the US you should look at The Harbinger, same stats.

If you go to population trends you will see the percentages on how long a server was in a specific category (light, standard, heavy).

I feel sorry for the people being on the other servers. I remember that a guild i used to be part of had moved from TOFN to TRE just so people could get pops for group content again.

I respect your optimism, but stats clearly show different. But then again, server merges are not required since the game is going full singleplayer game, so why bother right? I wish you the best mate.

The Harbinger community is pure cancer right now. All you have to do is spend 3 minutes on the fleet or one of the home worlds to figure that out. Nothing but racial, rude, and disgusting chat permeates the chat box. The cancerous community is what made me flee Harbinger back to my original server from launch. And good riddance.

Get used to it lad, sorry to say so. Community for SWTOR was great back in the day, it turned to complete dogsh*t with all the changes.

No, Harbinger is absolutely NOT the only NA server worth joining. The Harbinger community is pure cancer right now. All you have to do is spend 3 minutes on the fleet or one of the home worlds to figure that out. Nothing but racial, rude, and disgusting chat permeates the chat box. The cancerous community is what made me flee Harbinger back to my original server from launch. And good riddance.

Sounds like my server, The Red Eclipse. But only the Imperial side, the republic seems to be the opposite of rude.

:Shrug: You can always turn off general chat. The important thing is that pvp/gsf/hmfp gf pops and there are pug opses running. In any case if you don't care about pvp or gsf you can do pretty fine on a dead server, because you can do all the other content as guild runs. If you want fast pvp pops or gsf the only option is to transfer

Sounds like my server, The Red Eclipse. But only the Imperial side, the republic seems to be the opposite of rude.

I've never seen anything really rude(or otherwise offending) in the chat. I won't say it's not happening but if I compare it to things I saw in other games, it's quite a civil chat :D Even the one on Dromund Kaas :) But it's worse than it used to be.

the servers aren't dead, it's just the PvP & Raid cues that are dead... i log in and see people on every planet happily playing the actual game... it's all a skewed perspective, when people say the servers are dead what the really mean is nobody cares about their favorite side-content, players or devs... Raiding has killed itself with jerkwad elitists that complain that they can't get a group together because they keep dismissing and passing up on the "scrubs" that wanna join them, and PvP killed itself with a sub-population of sore winners and losers, that typically tell newbies they should just give up and have no business playing PvP... in kind it appears the devs have stopped caring about the toxic activities as well, since nobody except a handful play them, why bother making new ones if the elitists are just gonna run off anybody new... otherwise play the actual game and see how many people are on the planets playing the actual game as opposed to standing on fleet looking for a group and trash-talking any "scrubs" that wanna join... the only servers that are truly abandoned were originally PvP servers, that's telling in and of itself...

This rings true to me. +1

You actually believe the drivel Bioware fed us? Even if they got a 100% increase on all servers, only the top 3-4 would even be considered half full and the dead servers would still be considered light. They would need a 300% increase in subscriptions to put any pressure on the servers and even then it would only be the top 4 that would struggle, the rest would be fine.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This rings true to me. +1

I repeat the question: What server are you referring to? Because I checked few and they were literally empty. I did /who on stat planets, on the core world and others. Nothing. 10 people on Dromund Kaas is not a server of MASSIVE Multiplayer game. Sure, maybe 10 PM CET isn't the prime time. What server is alive by your definition(people on planets doing planet stuff) when I have the problem of finding these people. Where are they?

Even if people come back they're not going to stay when they find that their old server is dead, and only way to get out is paying yet even more real life money for transfers.

So no. Server merges need to happen. Preferably quite a while ago. Anything else and you're deluding yourself.