Really sick of the "This isn't launch" comments

Pthulhu

Guys, go pick up your copy at your local GameStop! If they give you your copy, the game is launched, if not..

End of story, it isn't.

again, you don't need a physical copy to play the game. preordering is enough. the servers are launched, the game is launched, people are playing the game.

Bioware even mentions "launch" in their official post today.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people are playing so the game has launched period. What some of you don't seem to understand about MMO's is there is actually competition in this game. Competition for gear. Competition for spots in Flashpoints. Competition for spots in Guilds and so on. Everyone knows that the first people to level the fastest have the best advantage. That's why people are peeved. You are giving the people who are already playing a giganitc advantage over those of us who are waiting. You will find many of the players who are the higher levels first - will continue to be some of the strongest players on the server till at least the next expansion - where it all starts over again, due to having to relevel.

I also find it interesting how some people are acting like its strange that people made time to play. You see the very reason we did that is not because we don't have lives, but because we DO have lives and have a lot of other things we need to do and get done. So we have to schedule time to play.

so very true!

Edited by SherryDuguay

the game launched, the servers launched, you can play the game (warning: restrictions may apply)

December 20th is the retail date where everyone can get a physical copy.

December 13th was official launch of (some of) the game servers, and the game.

People are too easily confused by launch of a game and the retail availability of it. Launching it doesn't require everyone to have access to it.

to be fair the whole ea/launch confusion is sort of fueled by BW/EA.

I guess it is safe to say the majority of people interested in playing this game still in 2011 has preordered it,the vast majority probably 9 out of 10 people.

Now imagine the outrage if they came out with the truth and said: We launch on the 13th but we will only let a select few people log in, the rest may have to wait a couple of days! Enjoy and see you ingame!

Edited by mufutiz

to be fair the whole ea/launch confusion is sort of fueled by BW/EA.

I guess it is safe to say the majority of people interested in playing this game still in 2011 has preordered it,the vast majority probably 9 out of 10 people.

Now imagine the outrage if they came out with the truth and said: We launch on the 13th but we will only let a select few people log in, the rest may have to wait a couple of days! Enjoy and see you ingame!

Very true but at this point its just a pissing match over semantics, you are either arguing about whether its launch or not...or you are playing.

Today is not launch. Do you have your game?

Didn't think so

Do some people have their game? Yes.

Do some people not order hard copies of the game? Yes.

So therefore for some people playing right now they are experiencing the LAUNCH of SWTOR because nothing will change on the 20th because a lot of people are not getting a disc. Plenty will continue playing as if nothing happened.

So stop trying to pretend like this is not launch, is this beta? No.

Is early access beta? Nope.

Early access is just that EARLY ACCESS to the game that has been launched.

How hard is it to understand something so simple?

One of the main reasons I wanted to play a new MMO (stopped wow over a year ago), Is because it was brand new (bonus it being star wars which is kick a). Everyone would have equal footing and I wouldn't feel like I'd have to "catch up" in a sense, it wouldn't feel like such a grind because everyone would be on equal footing. Being able to be a part of a huge new MMO's launch is something that seemed like a very fun idea to me. Now because I didn't order 6 months in advance I again will have to grind and "catch up".

To those who will say "oh it's only 1-3 days" that's not the point, the point is that players shouldn't be given an unfair advantage especially in an MMO where 5-10 levels can make a huge difference(at least on pvp servers). It's more of a principle thing. I wanted to play a BRAND NEW MMO, not one where people have been playing for a week and are already max level. I wanted to be a part of the launch.

Not to mention BW is alienating their customer base, leaving them wondering, frustrated, and causing way more problems with this staggering EA. If there would be que times and servers couldn't handle it, how in the heck will they handle it on the 20th when way more people will be trying to log in than now?

For those of you who aren't yet part of the launch (including me), what do you think the starting areas would look like if everyone started at once?

I know many of you must look at it like a competition (zomg, I'm the first on the server to do....). Staggering the start will help control the crap that usually happens in the starting area.

Relax peeps. :D