Senya Lightsaber

YlliyaXor

Why wouldn't it? Arbiter, Vented and the new Lana's robes don't have anyone's name and do just fine.

The Kylo Ren look alike weapons sell because they are kylo Ren look alike weapons, they don't need a name. Everyone knows.

Same goes for Lana's robes, even though that's not nearly as iconic as vented/arbiters.

She did in the trailer did she not? But I know in game she had a different mode. Maybe in kotet she'll use hers.

That would make even less sense, the trailer is in the past KOTET is in the present/future so why didn't she use it during KOTFE?

Even though art and game don't always match i'm expecting her to use the pike in KOTET.

Why wouldn't it? Arbiter, Vented and the new Lana's robes don't have anyone's name and do just fine.

Arbiter's and Vented have a clear visual link to Kylo Ren's saber and have a very distinctive look that many consider cool or awesome as a consequence. In essence it didn't need a character name to make it interesting.

Senya's lightsaber has a much longer grip but other than that it is unremarkable. My feeling is that if it hadn't been linkend to Senya, people would've generally just found it weird and it would be a silver item, not platinum. I can't know for sure but that's my view on it.

That would make even less sense, the trailer is in the past KOTET is in the present/future so why didn't she use it during KOTFE?

Even though art and game don't always match i'm expecting her to use the pike in KOTET.

Isn't she using it in the part that isn't the past too?

The Kylo Ren look alike weapons sell because they are kylo Ren look alike weapons, they don't need a name. Everyone knows.

Same goes for Lana's robes, even though that's not nearly as iconic as vented/arbiters.

No, they sell because they are nice looking, they could be called Jar Jar Binks sabers and they would still be popular.

No, they sell because they are nice looking, they could be called Jar Jar Binks sabers and they would still be popular.

-_____________-

It's like you're determined not to get the point. Welp whatever.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Arbiter's and Vented have a clear visual link to Kylo Ren's saber and have a very distinctive look that many consider cool or awesome as a consequence. In essence it didn't need a character name to make it interesting.

Senya's lightsaber has a much longer grip but other than that it is unremarkable. My feeling is that if it hadn't been linkend to Senya, people would've generally just found it weird and it would be a silver item, not platinum. I can't know for sure but that's my view on it.

One is a saber pike, just the most requested thing after hood toggle or moisture farmer robes, the other has the same animation as the stronghold defender one and a longer and distinctive handle trust me it will always be VERY popular.

One is a saber pike, just the most requested thing after hood toggle or moisture farmer robes, the other has the same animation as the stronghold defender one and a longer and distinctive handle trust me it will always be VERY popular.

The pike is a dualsaber. That's not what we were discussing.

You'll have to forgive me though, nothing personal, but no, I do not trust your judgement. Neither on the saber pike being "the most requested thing after hood toggle" nor that the longer handle "will always be VERY popular". You may believe that, but there's nothing factual about that. I think the longer handle looks cool personally but I certainly don't find it special enough to warrant the rarity or the current gtn prices.

I also think you underestimate the power of named characters.

That's all my opinion of course, but clearly we are not in agreement on this and that's ok.

Edited by Tsillah

The pike is a dualsaber. That's not what we were discussing.

You'll have to forgive me though, nothing personal, but no, I do not trust your judgement. Neither on the saber pike being "the most requested thing after hood toggle" nor that the longer handle "will always be VERY popular". You may believe that, but there's nothing factual about that. I think the longer handle looks cool personally but I certainly don't find it special enough to warrant the rarity or the current gtn prices.

I also think you underestimate the power of named characters.

That's all my opinion of course, but clearly we are not in agreement on this and that's ok.

/Agree with Tsillah on this.

I think people would have been upset if only 2 classes could use something so cool looking. So, logically, they make a 1 hander in the same style and name it the same. It isn't a big mystery.

What would be really cool is if they had added animations where you could actually smack people with the end of the one hander. I'd pay 100 million for that.

it's a bit odd that Senya doesn't use her own lightsaber .

Are you saying that Senya only has one lightsaber and can ONLY use that one lightsaber. I would think that lightsabers are like guns - many people have a variety of guns that they use for various reasons. Senya can use whatever lightsaber she wants. :)

These weapons are visually very UN-appealing for one simple fact, our characters still use the same animations.

A hilt as long as the single blade variant would necessitate a wider grip and more 'hawk' fighting style (it is an overhand dual grip like what european knights used when squaring off against another knight when you lacked your shield) as the longer hilt would let you use a stronger swing. It also would be horribly balanced for a single hand so really sent/maras shouldn't be able to use it.

As for the pike they did give us? It is utter crap! Yes, people have been haranging them for a saber pike for years, even before the zakuul knights were shown using them. However, we also wanted ANIMATIONS to go with them that made sense! The shadow/sin animations look clunky as hell with a saber pike, like you obviously don't know how to use the weapon and never even bothered training with it at all. Just look at how they HOLD the thing, you would not hold a spear like that for any reason as you are failing to leverage the whole point of the bloody thing, that it has a usable length of grip for leverage purposes and reach! That and smacking people with the staff end itself more often than the saber end of it makes you look horribly ineffectual as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.