Character transfere cost? $1000 Credits!!! Come on EA!

Rang-o

So i I recently subscribed again and found out my server was dead. I can't even get a warzone to cue! I have 14 high characters. So it is going to cost me $14000. credits to transfere over to a server that has players. Not fare! I called support and they said they would not do anything to help me out. And you wonder why there is low numbers on this game. When a server is going down and your subscribers cant play the game there should be no cost to transfere over to a server with players!!! Edited by Rang-o

so sorry to hear you missed out on the 10+ months when transfers were 90cc each, which by the way.. is largely why your server is now deserted... the PvP community largely moved to busier servers during the long running discount.

Your best route forward is:

1) to click on someones referral link, which will give you a free transfer (if you have never done so before).

2) load up one character with credits and items and then transfer that one character to a new server. Your legacy transfers with your character.

3) leveling is literally so fast now days that you can easily level up several other characters in a matter of weeks, if you don't want to pay to transfer other characters to your new server. Your choice here... but if you elect to level new characters... just ride the long list of heroics, use a xp boost, and take advantage of the current double xp.

A lot of people have taken this approach, and with double XP right now.. you will see leveling pretty close to what we had back in the day with 12x xp. If you start now, you will be done and ready for 5.) before the end of the month.

Take positive action to address your need, or continue to complain. Up to you. Ball is in your court.

Edited by Andryah

So it is going to cost me $14000. credits to transfere over to a server that has players.

Wait, its going to cost you fourteen thousand US dollars to transfer? That can't be right.

And you can't pay with in game galactic credits, so maybe you mean to say cartel coins?

Well, 14500 cartel coins costs one hundred U.S. dollars plus state sales tax. Or you could go with Andryah's suggestion.

how do i find a referrel link?

A lot of people have referral links in their signatures. You can click one of those. Or if you have any actual friends playing the game, I'd recommend asking for their referral link, so the benefit will be to someone you know. Just be sure to read up on how it works so you're informed on the benefits they're getting and what you're getting.

A lot of people have referral links in their signatures. You can click one of those. Or if you have any actual friends playing the game, I'd recommend asking for their referral link, so the benefit will be to someone you know. Just be sure to read up on how it works so you're informed on the benefits they're getting and what you're getting.

They should really do free transfers for a couple weeks prior to 5.0.

They should really do free transfers for a couple weeks prior to 5.0.

I would not be against that. Can't say I see it as likely to happen, but I wouldn't be against it.

There is a part of me that wants to say, "But that would cause chaos and overfill the already most-popular servers." But at this point, I think I care more about people having other people to play with. Let BW sort out the rest. :p I hate seeing this stuff where somebody is stuck on a dead server, with no one to play with.

so sorry to hear you missed out on the 10+ months when transfers were 90cc each, which by the way.. is largely why your server is now deserted... the PvP community largely moved to busier servers during the long running discount.

While he does give good information, don't listen to this part or believe it.

Good luck on transferring servers and make sure you don't do it on your stronghold. Due note when you transfer servers you will have to rebuy strongholds again if you got them with credits, and make sure to load up that character before you bring them over. I advise going either to Harb if you're into a lot of group stuff mainly, or Ebon Hawk for a more friendly community with a slower pop but also has role-players if you're into that. Jedi Covenant and shadowlands is okay too, but there generally just a version of a less populated Harb.

A subscriber shouldn't have to pay anything at all.

If you're already paying to play that game, bioware shouldn't let you unable to play what you want. We're not talking about transfer for the own convenience of the player or whatever personal reasons. People are forced to leave because servers are deserted. No way they should give even 1$ for a transfer, they're not at fault by any way and it's bioware's job to find a solution for these players. A transfer already means losing fortress... and that's already a bad thing.

There's a point where greediness became abusive if not dishonest.

Edited by RswanBing

A subscriber shouldn't have to pay anything at all.

If you're already paying to play that game, bioware shouldn't let you unable to play what you want. We're not talking about transfer for the own convenience of the player or whatever personal reasons. People are forced to leave because servers are deserted. No way they should give even 1$ for a transfer, they're not at fault by any way and it's bioware's job to find a solution for these players. A transfer already means losing fortress... and that's already a bad thing.

There's a point where greediness became abusive if not dishonest.

I think you need to zip it about that. Other games charge for server transfers