Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BW: Are you really not going to address your sub's concerns about comm xfer caps?

yellow_

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, then answer me this if I had a question about the content they were adding, could I post in the forums and get my answers? Nope, I couldn't now could I? I resub because of that as I have had some questions I wanted to ask of them.

So again you have proved my point you argue for the sake of arguing. Have a good day.

Don't bother Casi - his only goal seems to always be to provoke people. You're far better than that!

Awww cupcake. Did I touch a nerve? Sorry to burst your bubble, but the decision makers will take $ over art every time. That is not to say some don't value the art, but the dollars will win out in the long run. The game is a means to an end, not the end.

Bioware are the decision makers. And everything in 5.0 says they've decided they no longer care about unappreciative players anymore. Bioware is making the game they want to make and if anyone has a problem with that, too bad.

Okay, then answer me this if I had a question about the content they were adding, could I post in the forums and get my answers? Nope, I couldn't now could I? I resub because of that as I have had some questions I wanted to ask of them.

So again you have proved my point you argue for the sake of arguing. Have a good day.

Uh huh. Anyone that disagrees with you or asks you a pointed question is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Both silly... AND ironic.

What questions have you asked.. that only you could ask.. and said information is only available if YOU ask...that has been answered?

Weak sauce argument.... paying to ask questions. Your sauce, and your money though ... so slather it up by all means. :p Just don't expect to be taken seriously as "unsubbing over <something>".

You have a nice day now... pretending to be unsubbing. ;)

Edited by Andryah

How do you know that we would have less preferred. You a time traveler. You keep saying we will have a lot less people paying for subs and paying for stuff in the cartel market. You are just pulling all that out of thin air. Unless you have cold hard facts.

Bioware are the decision makers. And everything in 5.0 says they've decided they no longer care about unappreciative players anymore. Bioware is making the game they want to make and if anyone has a problem with that, too bad.

That's good of them...I'm certain EA is going to appreciate Bioware's complete contempt of their customers, and revenue stream, and reward them all with long vacations when this doesn't pan out.

Lol at anyone who PvPed just for comms.

Do you also lol at people who play for credits? Would you lol if all your credit was converted to pvp comms... Every 2 million credits you own = 100k coms... Capped at 200k? (also should be included is a dubious encouragement to transfer all your credits to the toon you want to use to buy things)

No we don't play for comms... But comms are the only way to get pvp gear. Unlike pve and cosmetic gear, which can be had for credits or cc... And may or may not have required any effort or skills to obtain.

You seem to think of BW an an individual as opposed to a company. They make decisions in game that they believe will impact the business in a positive way. It's not artistic expression, they are doing it to achieve financial goals. But they aren't taking a stand on principle like you seem to believe. Time will tell if they are successful or not.

I understand that people who are affected by this are upset. I would be as well.

But there is one question which I really don't understand:

* Why did some players pile up all those WZ comms throughout the years?

This leads to the following question:

* What did they originally plan to do with these comms? Just hoard them?

As I see it, hoarding WZ comms means that the player didn't need them.

That is fair enough, however, then I don't think that complaining about losing credits is valid. Because nothing was lost. Comms were unused, thus useless, thus worthless. So every credit they get now is bonus.

I do not mean this bad or in a mocking way. I honestly don't understand the issue. I always spend all kind of currencies I have as soon as possible (e. g. when I can afford the shiny I am after). After all, comms of all sorts come and go all the time in this game. Saving up on comms seems like a bad idea to me.

(And yes, I am aware that some players put all comms together to one char. For my argument, it does not matter whether one char had all the comms or they were spread on 10 chars. They remained unspent and I don't understand why.)

Many pvp and have no care for credits... It's not our main currency. Nor do we generally care about wz comms unless we are soon to have a bunch of alts hit 65 (DvL) or to prepare for an expansion which we estimated to be about 50k for a new set of gear. Ranked comms should have been sweet sweet loots... But BW gave the worst ranked rewards in pvp history this season and decided last seasons tokens are trash as well.

So there was this perfect storm... Well, more of a doldrum really, that meant many had a bank of comms strategically planned for future use.

You seem to think of BW an an individual as opposed to a company. They make decisions in game that they believe will impact the business in a positive way. It's not artistic expression, they are doing it to achieve financial goals. But they aren't taking a stand on principle like you seem to believe. Time will tell if they are successful or not.

True, except that I do not agree that they perform ZERO artistic expression in their ongoing work. I really do not understand how you can arrive at that conclusion.

It is a company driven, and collective effort, with trade-offs and compromises left and right in their effort to please the most customers and continue to thrive as a revenue generating property. It is the need to make those trade-offs and compromises that I believe creates most of the angst expressed in the forum. Some players are of the view that the studio should focus intensely on their particular preferred content. It does not work that way... and players are being unrealistic with that stance.

Do you also lol at people who play for credits? Would you lol if all your credit was converted to pvp comms... Every 2 million credits you own = 100k coms... Capped at 200k? (also should be included is a dubious encouragement to transfer all your credits to the toon you want to use to buy things)

Credits are more useful than comms. Anyone wasting their time farming comms for items that can be bought with credits should rethink their lives.

No we don't play for comms... But comms are the only way to get pvp gear. Unlike pve and cosmetic gear, which can be had for credits or cc... And may or may not have required any effort or skills to obtain.

Once you get all your PvP gear, comms become relatively worthless.

True, except that I do not agree that they perform ZERO artistic expression in their ongoing work. I really do not understand how you can arrive at that conclusion.

It is a company driven, and collective effort, with trade-offs and compromises left and right in their effort to please the most customers and continue to thrive as a revenue generating property. It is the need to make those trade-offs and compromises that I believe creates most of the angst expressed in the forum. Some players are of the view that the studio should focus intensely on their particular preferred content. It does not work that way... and players are being unrealistic with that stance.

I never said they have zero expression. I'm simply saying it exists to make money. They rely on artists to create an environment people will find enjoyable AND spend money on. But in the long run, an artistic expression will not trump business that the fixingthegame was saying.

Credits are more useful than comms. Anyone wasting their time farming comms for items that can be bought with credits should rethink their lives.

Once you get all your PvP gear, comms become relatively worthless.

Not really, you can use pvp comms for decorations for your stronghold as well as there are some specific decorations you only get with the pvp comms.

I never said they have zero expression. I'm simply saying it exists to make money. They rely on artists to create an environment people will find enjoyable AND spend money on. But in the long run, an artistic expression will not trump business that the fixingthegame was saying.

Bioware makes money by creating and selling art. Since launch they've had to compromise on their art to satisfy forum crybabies, only to get shat on by those same forum crybabies at every turn. It would seem obvious to anyone that the business strategy of catering to the playerbase isn't working.

Not really, you can use pvp comms for decorations for your stronghold as well as there are some specific decorations you only get with the pvp comms.

Compare that to all the decorations credits can buy.

Edited by Fixingthegame

Bioware makes money by creating and selling art. Since launch they've had to compromise on their art to satisfy forum crybabies, only to get shat on by those same forum crybabies at every turn. It would seem obvious to anyone that the business strategy of catering to the playerbase isn't working.

So their strategy hasn't worked for 5 years? Now who's shatting on the company. We don't need your negativity sir, good riddance

I read the samething announcement you did, and in it, no where did I read and assume I should send to all one character. I did send some to a character and used them to get a full 208 before 5.0, but the rest stayed with my other toons. What would make you think you would have to consolidate them? Not understanding your logic here.

I imagine he thought they would convert to CXP points.

That is EXACTLY what some players thought.. and why they did it.

We even discussed in the forums the merits, pros, and cons of the studio possibly crediting retired token currencies with either CXP directly, or the ability to keep them just to purchase CXP tokens after 5.0 went live.

See... what the PvP crowd really want is to not have to work for the gear but to simply buy it on day one when 5.0 goes live. They want/expect, begin PvP veterans, to be able to get the top tier gear, and immediately continue PvP with no time lag from the new expac whatsoever. Not all players by any means, but some players definitely wanted/expected this as the outcome (some have flatly said so).

Edited by Andryah

The thing that gets me is that there is simply no reason to have this arbitrary cap, other than to deliberately offend pvp'ers. I guess, like Preferred players, they are no longer wanted.

If that's the case then pvpers wouldn't have gotten two new pvp maps this last expansion. To me I understand that they have to do something, you hear people complaining about these warzone comms but you hear no one complaining about how they maxed out all the Data Crystals, and yes it's possible, I've done it but that was because I didn't know about 216 or 220 gear at the time so I have since used them and I'm sure this can be attributed to the raiders who left the game or whatever excuse people want to make but the point is still there pve and pvp players are all getting the same treatment, we are all getting a credit cap. I have at least two toons that has 6 different currencies as of right now, common, glowing, radiant, warzone comms and season ranked warzone comms and I'm sure I'm not the only one so to put a level cap on me to use all those seems like a good thing so I don't have to go through and use them so I don't reach that cap and a lot go to waste. While I don't agree with a 24 hr notice and putting a bind on pick up on the warzone grants instead of just removing them outright is wrong I do not agree with this statement that pvpers are unwanted and being singled out cause they aren't.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Regardless of what OP thought, players assuming that PvP currency would be converted into the next game currency in 5.0 was a correct and educated guess. It's literally what the developers have been doing since this game was launched. Assuming that pvp currency and pve currency would become "command points" was an accurate assumption because on past actions of this games past. Converting pvp and pve currency to credits however, was a curve ball and doesn't make sense in the first place. Whatever. I can handle that they aren't going to be the new currency. What I can't handle Is the fact that I spent months and months saving PvP currency for 5.0 just to find out only a minuscule amount is going to be converted while the other 80% are going into the void. All my hard work going down the toilet in one developed post. Also let me add, I subscribe to pvp in this game so basically in my eyes the developers removed currency that I paid for to get. Sorry but I feel I have a right to be angry.

Let's be real here. The developers approach to this topic was ridicoulous and confusing. The fact that they only replied once to an irrelevant question in a thread that is the most active on forums is bizarre. I for one would love to get some answers.

Edited by kissingaiur

Add to that that for example your "get armor" advice is not working for sub Lvl 65 chars (they can't buy them!) is actually promoting the moving of comms to one central char to dispatch all "earnings" later on and you can perhaps understand why people are upset. Because now you actually have to waste comms on stuff you never intended to buy to avoid losing them completely (nullify the effort getting them totally).

This doesn't affect me, I didn't place all my Warzone Commendations on one character, they're sat in my legacy bank currently.

However with that in mind, it is still possible to move Warzone Commendations around to circumvent the 2 million cap if you meet the following criteria;

- You are level 65 with a vast amount of Warzone Commendations that will hit the cap (over 40K).

- You have spare character slots available to you.

- You have a legacy bank.

- You know where the PvP vendors on fleet are.

Literally just buy the 208 enhancements on fleet for 800 Warzone Commedations, place them in the legacy bank (do not mail them, it will bind them), log into character you want to move them to (or make one). Take out the 208 enhancements from your legacy bank and vendor them (bear in mind the 2 hour time limit).

If you have any level 65 characters that will exceed the 2 million credit cap on conversion because of Warzone Commendations, and you have no use for those Warzone Commendations, then move them and get the credits.

Edited by Transcendent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.