Maintenance: 27 October 2016

TaitWatson

Hey folks,

We discovered an issue following Game Update 4.7.3 where players who had the Nathema Zealot set were no longer able to unlock it in Collections. There was also an unintended side effect, anyone who should have had the Nathema Zealot Set in collections was able to unlock Senya’s Lightsaber Pike even if they never had the weapon. With our upcoming maintenance we will be addressing the both issues, but there are a few different situations someone could be in. Here are the various scenarios and the impact on you:

I had the Nathema Zealot set unlocked in Collections:

We will be refunding you the Cartel Coins from the unlock. We will also give you another full set of the armor in case you deleted the old one after unlocking it.

After the Collections unlock was bugged in 4.7.3, I re-equipped the item and unlocked it in Collections again:

Your “new” collection unlock will remain in place, we will just refund you for the original unlock so you haven’t been double charged.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike, what will happen to it:

Since this was unintended, we will be removing the Pike from anyone who received it through this method. If you happen to have placed any mods inside of the weapon you will receive those back as well.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike and also unlocked it in Collections:

We will be removing the Pike and Collections unlock from you since this was unintended. We will work to refund the CC you spent on the Collections unlock ASAP (it may not be tomorrow).

I received Senya’s Lightsaber Pike normally:

There will not be any effect on you. We can determine who received a Pike from the bug vs someone who got it normally.

That should cover all of the scenarios but if there is one I missed, feel free to ask about it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

How about the last scenario?

Players who intentionally pulled down an item they knew they shouldn't have had in the first place due to not paying for it, have broken the Terms of Service.

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

In doing so, I wouldn't expect them to be treated any differently to any of the other players in the past who have broken the Terms of Service, and would expect them to receive a suspension in addition to removal of the item they have intentionally collected that wasn't rightfully theirs.

Or is it a case of one rule for one set of players, and a different rule for others? BioWare need to be consistent on breaches of the Terms of Service.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Eric

Though I appreciate the fact that you fixed this issue in record time, I would be very thankful if you could do it at times that don't impact your European customers as this one does, 5pm UK time is bad.

Was about to log in to play and now I wont have my swtor fix and then at 7pm is dinner time.

Thank you

:( *sniff*

If you feel like that, why are you here? I'm hard as hell on Bioware and I am constantly demanding they do better...because I know they can...but I have never felt cheated...and even if I had, that doesn't give me the right to cheat them.

Because it's Star Wars, and the powers-that-be made sure SWG was euthanised just in time for swtor to move in and take it's place. That's the only reason this game is still going; because of the IP. You're honestly telling me that this rip-off pack (which are the only source of new items) BS with next to no content doesn't make you feel just a little bit like you're not really getting anything for your money? Platinum items growing in number when they should never have been added in the first place? Gearing being made into yet another RNG experience? The very fact this bug exists is one of innumerable examples of how they don't even bother to test things before they release them, most of the time never to be fixed (unless, like now, they might be losing some easy money in which case they're on the case in a heartbeat).

And regardless, you don't get to decide what gives people the right to do what. Where I come from, someone does something to you it's called justice when the shoe is on the other foot. This game could have been great, but it's just run by crooks and liars.

Players who intentionally pulled down an item they knew they shouldn't have had in the first place due to not paying for it, have broken the Terms of Service.

Lol, how is that breaking the ToS? For one thing, to rightfully suspend people, they would have to go in and judge individually each person who took it down and determine whether the person knew that they weren't supposed to have the item, when some could have clicked it accidentally, or bought a lot of packs and thought that maybe they got it in there somehow and missed it.

It just sounds like you're mad that some people got unintentional access at all and want to punish them for being able to use the item. Keep in mind that in my case, I simultaneously lost access to the Nathema armor set. Should BW be in trouble for "taking away" an item that I paid for without cause and thereby breaking the law?

No, it's all just an honest mistake and they're fixing it. No need to blow it out of proportion.

In doing so, I wouldn't expect them to be treated any differently to any of the other players in the past who have broken the Terms of Service, and would expect them to receive a suspension in addition to removal of the item they have intentionally collected that wasn't rightfully theirs.

Or is it a case of one rule for one set of players, and a different rule for others? BioWare need to be consistent on breaches of the Terms of Service.

there are no players that cheat in this game. you are making a HUGE acquisition without a proof, proceed like this and you will be reported for harassment.

And once again, screw the Europeans......I have never once written a complaint post, until now.....Sub for almost 5 years, but with content going stale, and not much appealing coming, as best I can tell.....This might just be the end for me......

I understand, we may be the smaller demographic, and the company is located in the US, but is there not a time of day that could have the slightest bit more balance? Say very early morning US time, mid afternoon Europe...Would that be so freaking difficult? Ahh no, let's do it right as the UK is getting off work and anyone east of them was settling in for an evenings entertainment...

Honestly, 5 years and you nit-wits at BW have yet to figure out how time zones work......

Hey folks,

We discovered an issue following Game Update 4.7.3 where players who had the Nathema Zealot set were no longer able to unlock it in Collections. There was also an unintended side effect, anyone who should have had the Nathema Zealot Set in collections was able to unlock Senya’s Lightsaber Pike even if they never had the weapon. With our upcoming maintenance we will be addressing the both issues, but there are a few different situations someone could be in. Here are the various scenarios and the impact on you:

I had the Nathema Zealot set unlocked in Collections:

We will be refunding you the Cartel Coins from the unlock. We will also give you another full set of the armor in case you deleted the old one after unlocking it.

After the Collections unlock was bugged in 4.7.3, I re-equipped the item and unlocked it in Collections again:

Your “new” collection unlock will remain in place, we will just refund you for the original unlock so you haven’t been double charged.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike, what will happen to it:

Since this was unintended, we will be removing the Pike from anyone who received it through this method. If you happen to have placed any mods inside of the weapon you will receive those back as well.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike and also unlocked it in Collections:

We will be removing the Pike and Collections unlock from you since this was unintended. We will work to refund the CC you spent on the Collections unlock ASAP (it may not be tomorrow).

I received Senya’s Lightsaber Pike normally:

There will not be any effect on you. We can determine who received a Pike from the bug vs someone who got it normally.

That should cover all of the scenarios but if there is one I missed, feel free to ask about it. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Yeah, totally justifies taking the servers down at peak times for EU players . . . .

And the better here in France some users find this normal (to pay for nothing) ... Bioware call this MAINTENANCE :eek::eek::eek: for me it is bugg correction and we should have repayment by adding one day on the subscription for example, but of course with a maintenance label no repayment.

4 hours tuesday 2 hours friday ...

they should take a look @ Guild Wars 2 we just have to download the new version and directly servers are open ... no HOURs to wait for we don't know what like if BioWare dev are implementing changes manually in programs lol ...

My problem with certain Gold and most Platinum items is that they are astronomically overpriced on the Galactic Trade Network. A couple of weeks ago, for example, a Defiant Vented Lightsaber was going for 50-60 MILLION credits. Two weeks later, they are selling for 120-150 MILLION credits. Why? Revenge Packs were on sell for a while. If anything, the price of that saber should have went down instead of doubling in price. Senya's two new lightsabers are selling for 300-500 million credits! I am willing to bet that 9/10 players will never be able to afford something like that. The problem with this game isn't the RNG necessarily, it's the insane prices on the GTN. What? In a years time will a 1 billion credit price tag be the new norm for Platinum lightsabers? The economy is SWToR has turned into reality. You have a handful of people that own most of the wealth and set prices for the rare items. Most of us don't have 100-200 million sitting around for a weapon or mount.

So, instead of shutting down the servers to fix this exploit issue. Why not make these lightsabers easier to obtain? Not EASY to obtain, just easier. Players will stick around longer if they have an actual chance at owning their favorite lightsaber or pistol or rifle.

Edited by BSYSLT

It is ridiculous to shut the servers down with not enough notice for those doing flashpoints and operations for a cartel market fix. Got kicked near the end of a flashpoint. Get your priorities straight please.

They have . . . . if its not cartel market related then they don't give a ****

My problem with certain Gold and most Platinum items is that they are astronomically overpriced on the Galactic Trade Network. A couple of weeks ago, for example, a Defiant Vented Lightsaber was going for 50-60 MILLION credits. Two weeks later, they are selling for 120-150 MILLION credits. Why? Revenge Packs were on sell for a while. If anything, the price of that saber should have went down instead of doubling in price. Senya's two new lightsabers are selling for 300-500 million credits! I am willing to bet that 9/10 players will never be able to afford something like that. The problem with this game isn't the RNG necessarily, it's the insane prices on the GTN. What? In a years time will a 1 billion credit price tag be the new norm for Platinum lightsabers?

Just out of curiosity, what server has such crazy GTN prices? The Senya lightsaber has been going for 50-60mil on my server.

Edited by ---AlterEgo---

People losing access to a set like the Nathema one, which recently came out and is one of the prominent for-sale items right now on the store. People getting unintended access to the platinum Senya Pike that is one of the main motivations for people to pull out their wallets for the new pack.

Failing to act on that kind of thing could shake peoples' confidence in buying from the store and hurt their quarterlies.

This is a good point. Something else I don't think people realize is that this affects the players as well. I bought the Nathema outfit. Now mine still works, but if it had bugged, I would have been upset. When I buy something, real or digital, I expect it to work.

When people are opening packs and they get something good, they sometimes sell them on the GTN. If the general population had access to a high ticket item for free, like the saber, then who would buy it from the GTN? Once again, the players who sell on the GTN would be financially hurt.

I understand folks being upset abut old bugs not being fixed. I just think we need to remember that fixes like the new one aren't always just for BW's sake.

And once again, screw the Europeans......I have never once written a complaint post, until now.....Sub for almost 5 years, but with content going stale, and not much appealing coming, as best I can tell.....This might just be the end for me......

I understand, we may be the smaller demographic, and the company is located in the US, but is there not a time of day that could have the slightest bit more balance? Say very early morning US time, mid afternoon Europe...Would that be so freaking difficult? Ahh no, let's do it right as the UK is getting off work and anyone east of them was settling in for an evenings entertainment...

Honestly, 5 years and you nit-wits at BW have yet to figure out how time zones work......

+1

By the way ... Servers are filtered by regions ... why they don't patch them by local region's time ????

Ok you are gonna fix this kind of bugs quickly, ok fine. Let see:

1st I would love to spend a lot of cash on Cartel Market armors, however the armor preview window bug prevents me from previewing armors from Cartel market, and I can not spend tons of money on Ccartel Coins to buy armor I want! Please fix the outfit preview window, so I can spend money on Cartel Market stuff!!!!!!!

2nd I really would love open 'zillion of Cartel Packs, to get Lightweight vibrosword, but its bugged now! Please fix it, so I can spend a lot of cash on cartel boxes to get Lightweight vibrosword!!!! Or that I can buy something from CM and sell it on GTN, get credits and buy Lightweight vibroswrod! Please fix it, so I can give you my money!

My problem with certain Gold and most Platinum items is that they are astronomically overpriced on the Galactic Trade Network. A couple of weeks ago, for example, a Defiant Vented Lightsaber was going for 50-60 MILLION credits. Two weeks later, they are selling for 120-150 MILLION credits. Why? Revenge Packs were on sell for a while. If anything, the price of that saber should have went down instead of doubling in price. Senya's two new lightsabers are selling for 300-500 million credits! I am willing to bet that 9/10 players will never be able to afford something like that. The problem with this game isn't the RNG necessarily, it's the insane prices on the GTN. What? In a years time will a 1 billion credit price tag be the new norm for Platinum lightsabers?

Prices rising because of inflation running rampant due to the amount of credits that running heroics at max level gives for the time spent, plus also gold sellers exploiting previous bug with Treasure Hunting missions (which btw took months to be resolved rather than a couple of days).

Also, once a pack is no longer being sold on the cartel market, or less people are buying it, prices tend to go up because the item becomes more rare.

If you want to buy something like the lightsaber, its best to ask in Trade channel on Fleet rather than buy on GTN to get a better price.

And regardless, you don't get to decide what gives people the right to do what. Where I come from, someone does something to you it's called justice when the shoe is on the other foot. This game could have been great, but it's just run by crooks and liars.

Regardless of what you think is right, you agreed to their TOS & RoC. You've broke both. Especially the RoC numerous times today.

Your version of "justice" is not justified in this game. You have to comply with their rules or leave. It's that simple. You need to make a decision on which one you will choose.

My problem with certain Gold and most Platinum items is that they are astronomically overpriced on the Galactic Trade Network. A couple of weeks ago, for example, a Defiant Vented Lightsaber was going for 50-60 MILLION credits. Two weeks later, they are selling for 120-150 MILLION credits. Why? Revenge Packs were on sell for a while. If anything, the price of that saber should have went down instead of doubling in price. Senya's two new lightsabers are selling for 300-500 million credits! I am willing to bet that 9/10 players will never be able to afford something like that. The problem with this game isn't the RNG necessarily, it's the insane prices on the GTN. What? In a years time will a 1 billion credit price tag be the new norm for Platinum lightsabers? The economy is SWToR has turned into reality. You have a handful of people that own most of the wealth and set prices for the rare items. Most of us don't have 100-200 million sitting around for a weapon or mount.

So, instead of shutting down the servers to fix this exploit issue. Why not make these lightsabers easier to obtain? Not EASY to obtain, just easier. Players will stick around longer if they have an actual chance at owning their favorite lightsaber or pistol or rifle.

platinum items shouldn't exist....some people open 4 hypercrates and not get that particular platinum item,which makes gtn go sky high

Prices rising because of inflation running rampant due to the amount of credits that running heroics at max level gives for the time spent, plus also gold sellers exploiting previous bug with Treasure Hunting missions (which btw took months to be resolved rather than a couple of days).

Also, once a pack is no longer being sold on the cartel market, or less people are buying it, prices tend to go up because the item becomes more rare.

If you want to buy something like the lightsaber, its best to ask in Trade channel on Fleet rather than buy on GTN to get a better price.

The price of the Kylo Ren lightsaber doubled at the same time the Revenge Packs were on sell for 100CC each! That makes no sense! That saber should have decreased in price, not doubled!

+1

By the way ... Servers are filtered by regions ... why they don't patch them by local region's time ????

Because it is personal vendetta, and showing of US superiority over EU people ? Its like saying you are not from US, then we gonna treat you like dirt This what it is, when servers are patching in most populated times for EU players!