Shadow / Assassin replacement spell animations are terrible!! Shock/Project needed!!!

pochvic

Hi,

is it just me or are those high level replacement spells (Voltaic/Clairvoyant, Ball Lightning/Psychokinetic Blast ) just terrible?

It just feels strange and it doesnt fit Star wars at all. most of the rime I just run around spinning lightsaber like a ret*rd....

Fortunately there is easy fix for this! Buff original abilities to the same level as the new spells so it is only optional! Everyone would be able to use what he wants.

Also its really easy fix for devs ... just modify dmg values of shock/project which is what? 1 line in the code?

And buff Thrash/Double so it has same dmg and buff. Which is also just question of using different variable for those spell.

What do you think? It would be great for some people in my opinion!

So maybe if there is enough support it can actually happen! No big hopes tho :(

Or is there some way to overwrite animation locally? Would be ok for me if im not forced to watch it and others can see it normally.

btw not native speaker so dont bother commenting on my bad eng skills

Edited by pochvic

I 100% agree with you!

Deception used to be my favorite Assassin class and my favorite attack was SHOCK especially when it would proc a second shock. It was like a back handed b I t c h slap and then another slap after it.

The shock ball animation is F-ing stupid! get rid of it or make it optional! At this point, I would even USE SHOCK IN PLACE OF IT even if it did less damage!

I appreciate that they wanted to give us new abilities and try to make advanced classes/specs seems that much more unique but that was such a bad decision.

I also hate that IO Merc lost Rail Shot. That sound is the best in the game!

Honestly the holocron shield is the only sin animation I don't like... the shadow on the other hand, the rock shield is the only animation I do like (non martial).

You keep yer dirty hand of meh Dark Ward matey!!:D

Edited by AdjeYo

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of liked the Ball Lightning animation at first, especially when it fully procs discharge.

Lightning! :D

However, you're right. Twirling the lightsaber to cast a ball of energy is... stupid, really.

What's also stupid is that of the 4 spec abilities, Deception/Infiltration only gets one new move out of it.

But it gets not one, but two animation replacers... accomplishes the same stuff, different anim.

I don't begrudge VS/CS, I like that.

I think Ball Lightning should be replaced by a new melee attack, and sins/shadows should keep shock/project.

Deception really should be the spec where the sin/shadow shows of his/her skill with her double-bladed lightsaber, and I think Bioware needs to put a little more thought into designing the spec to do just that.

I kind of liked the Ball Lightning animation at first, especially when it fully procs discharge.

Lightning! :D

However, you're right. Twirling the lightsaber to cast a ball of energy is... stupid, really.

What's also stupid is that of the 4 spec abilities, Deception/Infiltration only gets one new move out of it.

But it gets not one, but two animation replacers... accomplishes the same stuff, different anim.

I don't begrudge VS/CS, I like that.

I think Ball Lightning should be replaced by a new melee attack, and sins/shadows should keep shock/project.

Deception really should be the spec where the sin/shadow shows of his/her skill with her double-bladed lightsaber, and I think Bioware needs to put a little more thought into designing the spec to do just that.

Deception and Infiltration are losing the active stance and are getting a new ability :p

Are you kidding me? Ball lightning is one of the most epic animations in the game! Before 3.0 I only played assassin as a tank and was never interested in dps. That ability alone made me want to try Deception! I actually leveled my assassin to 60 earlier than my main Mara at that time. Just to have that skill. And when I got it, I just ran around spamming this skill on random mobs for 10 minutes, excited like a little kid...

Since then Deception sin became one of my most played specs, if they ever take Ball lightning away from me, I will seriously consider quitting the spec...

I much prefer PKB over project. I'm no lore junky but is jedi throwing rocks a thing in other media? Because I feel like they take it a bit too far with consulars in this game. Obviously sith and lightning is a thing but when I tried out shadow tanking and saw my little ring of pebbles, it put me right off. Where are all these rocks coming from if you're on a ship for example? Edited by ForjKlahaa