1v1 Tournament 12th Nov: URC #8 - Halloweenies out for Harambe!

snave

1v1 Tournament 12th November 7pm GMT

We are back with a super spooky 1v1 tournament for us all to enjoy before the RNGfest of 5.0 arrives!

URC 7 saw Operatives returned to the top of the pile and this will be the last tournament held before I have to redo all the rules to try and create some sanity in class balance after 5.0 releases. Format will be the same as the previous events with classes broken down into separate brackets.

It's still going to be first come first served (with plenty of space for standby players) but please understand that we want to make this the best tournament possible so some places may be jiggled around but I will do my best to keep the first signups in place.

For prizes we have a bunch of 30 day codes and cartel coins up for grabs courtesy the lovely people at bioware! If people have any credits / cartel things they'd like to donate please let me know in game - any donations for prizes would be greatly appreciated and recognised during the broadcast.

If you're looking to see what the events are like we have links here. These are abridged events made by the amazingly talented Skyrush and even if you aren't taking part I strongly suggest you check his youtube channel out:

URC #1:

URC #2:

URC #3:

URC #4:

URC #5:

URC #6:

URC #7:

The tournament will be held in the Nar Shadda stronghold. I understand the LOS isn't perfect, I understand leap doesn't work perfectly, take the issue up with bioware.

The format will be the same as the previous events. Once again the stealth and non stealth classes will be separated out but there will be even further seperation. In order to try and increase the participation from various classes there will now be 4 x 8 man brackets, one for operatives, one for assassins, one for ranged and one for melee. Have a look at the bracket sheet here to see what I mean: https://goo.gl/j7ndjA

Still doing what I can to balance the duels around the current state of class balance, rules will never be perfect but we're doing what we can.

OPERATIVES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OUT OF COMBAT STEALTH REGENERATE AND CAN ONLY VANISH ONCE PER ROUND. IF YOU PLAY OPERATIVE PLEASE UNDERSTAND BREAKING THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.

ALL STEALTH DUELS ARE TO START INSIDE THE INNER CIRCLE ON NAR SHADDA AND PLAYERS MUST STAY INSIDE THAT CIRCLE UNTIL COMBAT BEGINS

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: THIS IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE RIGHT NOW IF SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP THAT IS MORE ELEGANT I WILL CHANGE THIS.

32 spots are available for now, we'll do our best to accommodate every one but we reserve the right to make some adjustments to the format if necessary.

Ultimate Regstar Championship #8 - Halloweenies out for Harambe!

Rules: IF YOU SIGN UP WE EXPECT YOU AT TO BE ONLINE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE START UP TIME. If you are not present you may lose by default

Date: Saturday 12th Nov 2016 - 7pm GMT

Location: Nar Shadda Stronghold (competitors will be invited)

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will all receive prizes

Pre Show hype - 6pm BST: http://www.hitbox.tv/Snave

URC #8: http://www.hitbox.tv/Snave

Signup Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10WxOCgyizTxRGK9oue7uMNijPblAgPUndbDsW1aUmSA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone who would like to donate credits / prizes for the tournament please get in touch with in game: Snave - The Red Eclipse or via PM on the forums

Prize Pool so far:

2x 2400 Cartel Coin codes OR 2x 30 days sub time

2x 450 Cartel Coin codes

4x pet codes

- Credit pool so far: 140 million credits!

We'll also be giving away more cartel coin codes to the people watching the show live.

Mechanics:

*Stealth vs Stealth in one bracket, Non Stealth vs Non Stealth in the other. OPERATIVES CAN VANISH ONCE PER ROUND AND HAVE NO OUT OF COMBAT HEALING ALLOWED - BREAKING THIS IS A LOSS. THE BEGINNING OF STEALTH DUELS ARE HELD IN THE INNER CIRCLE

*Initial fights will be randomly assigned.

*Format will be 1 x Knockout rounds, rest is best of 3, Best of 5 for the finals.

Rules:

*Only one character sign up per person.

*DPS specs only - NO TANK SPECS

*No use of Medpacks / Adrenals / Grenades or ANY other consumables with the exception of Stims.

*Rocket Boots / Mounts are not allowed.

*Failure to show up in time for the duel will result in disqualification.

*Server transfers are welcome to sign up

*No companions / external help

*2018 expertise is required by all participants

*OPERATIVES CANNOT OUT OF COMBAT HEAL AND ARE ALLOWED ONE VANISH PER ROUND

The format and rules are subject to change. Any changes will be made as visible as possible.

If you're interested please type the character your wish to enter on / class / spec / faction below and I'll update the spreadsheet as we go along.

FOR EXAMPLE : SNAVE / OPERATIVE / CONCEALMENT / EMPIRE

Out of respect, please do not restream, rehost or rebroadcast this event. Participants doing so will be removed from the event.

WHO WILL BECOME THE ULTIMATE REGSTAR!

Edited by snave

I came here to say that the title of this thread always makes me chuckle when I scroll past it. Very clever. Good luck in your tournament Snave and thank you again for all your wonderful support for my charity event (the community ended up raising 635$ for St. Judes). I really, really appreciate it.

Have a good one!

I came here to say that the title of this thread always makes me chuckle when I scroll past it. Very clever. Good luck in your tournament Snave and thank you again for all your wonderful support for my charity event (the community ended up raising 635$ for St. Judes). I really, really appreciate it.

Have a good one!

Couldn't see a rule forbidding healers so just go and troll them all. :D