Which class fits more into the KotFE lore?

Frost_D

Neither is my first choice, but of the two, I think it's close...the Warrior probably gets a slight edge, though. A lot of people seem to prefer the Knight for being the Emperor's "arch-enemy", but I have a hard time with that...

The Knight fails to ever do any significant harm to the Emperor, over and over again. The Knight is less the Emperor's enemy and more that one annoying recurring boss.

I'd think the Emperor would be kinda bored with the Knight by now.

SW in my opinion. You were the Emperors Hand. Literally his enforcer.

"You alone are a part of me I'd like to keep"

Pretty much says it right there.

And it makes a lot more sense for the SW to hang out on Darth Marrs ship than the JK

Edited by BlazeTomahawk

SW in my opinion. You were the Emperors Hand. Literally his enforcer.

"You alone are a part of me I'd like to keep"

Pretty much says it right there.

And it makes a lot more sense for the SW to hang out on Darth Marrs ship than the JK

clarification: the SW is the "Emperor's Wrath"

I think the JK and SW are pretty much equal in that. The SW is perfect if you want to be a person who follows the teachings of Valkorian, while the Jk is perfect if you want to be a Revan 2.0. No other class makes any sense besides those two in my opinion with Lore and story; they are also the only two who have a former relationship with the Emperor. They do make an effort to make other classes make sense, but what they did to make it make sense was sort of lazy.

This is how Bioware tried to make other classes make sense

Valkorians presence in you made you force sensitive

Edited by cool-dude

Neither is my first choice, but of the two, I think it's close...the Warrior probably gets a slight edge, though. A lot of people seem to prefer the Knight for being the Emperor's "arch-enemy", but I have a hard time with that...

The Knight fails to ever do any significant harm to the Emperor, over and over again. The Knight is less the Emperor's enemy and more that one annoying recurring boss.

I'd think the Emperor would be kinda bored with the Knight by now.

The Knight defeats the Emperor at the end of his or her class story. In fact Darth Marr states that in that battle the Knight wounded the Emperor more deeply than any other person ever has.

The only reason the Emperor is still plugging away is because he mastered an ability to respawn.

The Knight defeats the Emperor at the end of his or her class story. In fact Darth Marr states that in that battle the Knight wounded the Emperor more deeply than any other person ever has.

The only reason the Emperor is still plugging away is because he mastered an ability to respawn.

Doesn't change facts.

The Knight failed, and the setback was, at best, a year or two delay of plans. Relative to the Emperor's life, that's like someone graduating high school, and putting off starting college for about a month. It might be the most deeply wounded the Emperor's ever been, but that's not even a cracked rib's worth of impairment. The ultimate result of the Knight's effort is something I don't see how the Empeor could really take all that seriously.

Doesn't change facts.

The Knight failed, and the setback was, at best, a year or two delay of plans. Relative to the Emperor's life, that's like someone graduating high school, and putting off starting college for about a month. It might be the most deeply wounded the Emperor's ever been, but that's not even a cracked rib's worth of impairment. The ultimate result of the Knight's effort is something I don't see how the Empeor could really take all that seriously.

just to add to what you said earlier. The wrath is also the only one who gets special dialogue at the end of Ziost

Do not fret wrath, you are still my favorite. That is why I will kill you last.

Honestly I get the impression Valkorion was playing with everyone from the start. He operates on a vastness beyond years and individuals - and much of his behaviour suggests that his plan to consume the galaxy (Knight story) had long become merely a side-plan after he discovered the Eternal Fleet etc; likewise the Sith Empire as a whole.

Indeed, I think everything was being manipulated towards an eventuality - the meeting before the Eternal Throne. Ziost was a ruse from the start, which implies that his supposed weakness in Shadow of Revan was likewise a deception, and thus his 'defeat' by the Knight similarly a lie. Also the SW episode on Voss - simply has to be a lie. As if Valkorion could be deceived by petty Baras.

So that's my wager; naturally the JK and SW fit best, with the others slotting in after chapter 3.

Edited by TrueBritannia

I honestly think the JC followed by the SI are better than the SW and JK. Both the SW and JK have history with the Emperor one being his enforcer, the other an irritant, but the JC and SI both have created alliances before, been commanders, both have fought very tough foes and come out the other side.

Maybe not as much history with the Emperor, but are far better commanders that through SW and JK.

I honestly think the JC followed by the SI are better than the SW and JK. Both the SW and JK have history with the Emperor one being his enforcer, the other an irritant, but the JC and SI both have created alliances before, been commanders, both have fought very tough foes and come out the other side.

Maybe not as much history with the Emperor, but are far better commanders that through SW and JK.

The JC has contact with the Emperor through his "Children of the Emperor" Even defeating his top one, The First Son.

In other words: This is an mmo story, BW is clueless and hence a perma respawning enemy. As I always say, The Emperor should've died either on DK(pref) or on Ziost. This whole Zakuul development became quite silly. I'd SO LIKE if the Emperor just went away(currently it feels like he overtook the position of Thrall in immortality and plain irksomeness).

Edited by Cuiwe

Honestly I get the impression Valkorion was playing with everyone from the start. He operates on a vastness beyond years and individuals - and much of his behaviour suggests that his plan to consume the galaxy (Knight story) had long become merely a side-plan after he discovered the Eternal Fleet etc; likewise the Sith Empire as a whole.

Indeed, I think everything was being manipulated towards an eventuality - the meeting before the Eternal Throne. Ziost was a ruse from the start, which implies that his supposed weakness in Shadow of Revan was likewise a deception, and thus his 'defeat' by the Knight similarly a lie. Also the SW episode on Voss - simply has to be a lie. As if Valkorion could be deceived by petty Baras.

So that's my wager; naturally the JK and SW fit best, with the others slotting in after chapter 3.

My brain is now taking this angle and running with it. What if all of that prior stuff was to "test you." To find somebody interesting because he was bored?

And the whole arc in KOTFE is basically him dicking around, playing immortal evil puppetmaster. Like the devil on your shoulder, tempting you. Because he wants another Revan to break and toy with, since he tore apart the last one.

My brain is now taking this angle and running with it. What if all of that prior stuff was to "test you." To find somebody interesting because he was bored?

And the whole arc in KOTFE is basically him dicking around, playing immortal evil puppetmaster. Like the devil on your shoulder, tempting you. Because he wants another Revan to break and toy with, since he tore apart the last one.

That is supported by the game. the Emperor is capable of possessing millions forcing them to do his bidding. He has many voices, and taking one out is nothing but a minor inconvenience. he also states that Zakuul has been his primary focus, and everything else was a means to an end.

I think you're mostly on the right lines, although the I do believe there's a bit more to it than him simply being bored. But as Valkorion says numerous times - you're the first person in centuries (since Revan presumably) that he's found at all interesting. Again and again he let you live when he could have snuffed you out, but he chose not to; he wants you for something.

Without a doubt Valkorion is the arch-deceptior; I can only see the story - and his character working - if everything was simply a ruse to bring you to Zakuul. And the deception continues after that; his death in the throne room was clearly deliberate, and his residing in you likewise (he had no need of a body at all, although it does have uses).

What exactly he wants from you is the unknown though; but then again I suppose that is the whole point of more chapters to the story.