Important Information About Cartel Market Passes

EricMusco

Hey Eric,

I have a serious concern here. A lot of members of the Galactic Starfighter community have gone free to play or preferred, and have kept playing by simply purchasing a starfighter pass.

Unlike other areas of the game, Galactic Starfighter rewards cannot be spent on anything but starfighter. Endgame PvP/PvE gear has absolutely no bearing on Galactic Starfighter, and Galactic Starfighter has no bearing on any other part of the game except for a few decorations that can be purchased with the Fleet Commendations. Ship Requisition and Fleet Requisition is in no way tied to the rest of the game and can only be used on starfighter upgrades, for reference.

As such, why are you removing these passes? This is only hurting the Galactic Starfighter community and has no effect on your Galactic Command System at all. If Free to Play and Preferred players can't get gear, it has no affect on their ability to enjoy Galactic Starfighter, so why are you taking it away from them?

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

GSF doesn't need a pass though it has always been open to run how many times you want. At a slightly lower ship and fleet req gain.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eric,

I have a serious concern here. A lot of members of the Galactic Starfighter community have gone free to play or preferred, and have kept playing by simply purchasing a starfighter pass.

Unlike other areas of the game, Galactic Starfighter rewards cannot be spent on anything but starfighter. Endgame PvP/PvE gear has absolutely no bearing on Galactic Starfighter, and Galactic Starfighter has no bearing on any other part of the game except for a few decorations that can be purchased with the Fleet Commendations. Ship Requisition and Fleet Requisition is in no way tied to the rest of the game and can only be used on starfighter upgrades, for reference.

As such, why are you removing these passes? This is only hurting the Galactic Starfighter community and has no effect on your Galactic Command System at all. If Free to Play and Preferred players can't get gear, it has no affect on their ability to enjoy Galactic Starfighter, so why are you taking it away from them?

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

Replace GSF gearing costs with credits costs? That could be entertaining to watch the Forum Rage .

The more nuanced approach is they do a direct 1:1 trade (regardless of type) for a GC pass. Just means they'll have to create a GC pass prior to 5.0.

Unlikely to be 1 to 1, given the long runtimes of GSF passes for their CC cost. I'd expect there to be a pro-rate

Replace GSF gearing costs with credits costs? That could be entertaining to watch the Forum Rage .

Actually that would probably help GSF more than it would hurt it. It would effectively create a legacy-wide hangar, increase rewards for playing GSF matches, and add an additional credit sink into the game.

In other words this is a bleeping brilliant idea.

I also wouldn't mind my millions of ship/fleet req on my Clarion being converted into credits either... lol. :D

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

If this happens, then I would also expect that current passes will convert to "premium time" passes at a pro-rated value, and would again unbind so they can be sold on the GTN.

As per the original post:

On November 29th all passes will then be removed from the game when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens.

Did you see any reference to converting them here?

This is correct. Once the change has been made, it will bind to whomever takes it out of the Guild Bank.

-eric

What about the PvP commendation grants that are in the legacy bank? will they bind to which ever character picks them up?

...seriously?

Mr. Musco, please, answer me this: Why should Preferred players play SWTOR at all? What incentive do they have at this point?

Why even HAVE a Preferred tier at this point? The game just has two tiers: F2P/Preferred, who will gain no rewards at level 70, have no incentive to play anything and basically just be loading up a glorified chat system.

Either give up all pretense and go back to full Subscription system, or actually consider the ways that non-paying users benefit the game and maybe actually take some action that might get SWTOR healthy again. Because right now, this deception is just unhealthy and, frankly, insulting.

Y why not all other aspects of the game play got enrage players so why shouldn't they join us too ::cool:

Because replacing requisition with credit-based unlocks would actually help GSF (as long as the credit requirement didn't get too high. The current ratio of 1/1.5/2.5 and 1/5/10 and 1/2.5/5/10/15 depending on the component and upgrade tier is kind of on the low side, but I could see something like 1/5/10/25/50K as somewhat reasonable.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Hopefully they do the smart thing.

Allow F2P and Preferred unlimited access to FPs, WZ., and at least SM Ops (probably HM as well).

Create a GC pass which allows access to GC rewards and NiM Ops.

If you are running NiM ops you probably don't care about the GC rewards anymore. That being said, the number of players in game that can do this content is already pretty small, so leaving this available to F2P or Preferred might be a good way of trying to keep these players.

Perhaps leave GSF alone, leave the GSF passes in game. You could have the GC pass provide the sub like point gain but I am guessing a GSF player would not value the GC pass at the level of CC as the Ops/WZ players.

Because replacing requisition with credit-based unlocks would actually help GSF (as long as the credit requirement didn't get too high).

~ Eudoxia

Y maybe but from my time from start of gsf among todays veterans if any still plays (i grew tired of round 2y ago) on tofn most moved on re were lots of prefs between since that was all that they did was no reason to sub for gsf. So we got all our ships on max with tons of spare req one or other. Those that don't wont think that they would enjoyed lock behind 350k escrow or sub wall we are getting. Specially when nothing change there since last time i played years ago. So vets should know Sinth when i come around at least they liked my *** all the time.

EDIT: also when requirements are not high

Edited by micmitja

Preferred players will fall under the existing restrictions they have now. They can complete Flashpoints normally but with no rewards at level 70, a limited number of Warzones per week but they cannot access Operations.

-eric

Edit: Clarifying an error

Did Wikipedia update the definition of change?

Under the current system you still earned comms and could purchase gear.

Under the new system you don't earn "comms" and cannot purchase or acquire gear.

That is a vastly different arrangement.

Under the old system I still completed my weekly guild conquest missions.

Under the new system I won't be able to help my guild on conquest points.

What you've proposed is reductions in the preferred players and F2P game access. You should be willing to say that outright. If that isn't your intent say that and fix it. Pretending its the same is were I have a problem with your posts.

Because replacing requisition with credit-based unlocks would actually help GSF (as long as the credit requirement didn't get too high. The current ratio of 1/1.5/2.5 and 1/5/10 and 1/2.5/5/10/15 depending on the component and upgrade tier is kind of on the low side, but I could see something like 1/5/10/25/50K as somewhat reasonable.

~ Eudoxia

A credit based system doesn't make any sense. Make the unlocks legacy wide, or at least faction wide. I feel this fits the tone of the game more. This game, as much as 5.0 is looking like a step in the opposite direction, is all about your character pool. The more characters you have the quicker you can get into the higher tier of whatever content, WZ PvP and PvE, you are enjoying.

On Rails and GSF are the only exceptions I can think of. Most don't care about On Rails and it has kind of been abandoned in favor of GSF anyway. Any progress made on one character is lost once you switch. Being able to keep this progress would help GSF.

Do you really want a GTN hero in a tier 5 ship who has never been in a single GSF match?

How can this happen all the time Eric. I know there are is quite a lot of information about KoTET already, way before the release. But how is it possible that ANOTHER big change (that will apparently already be implemented tomorrow) is communicated this late?

I am one of the people that tries to plan things before they actually happen. A couple of weeks ago i was preparing myself for going F2P since there was nothing else to do but raids. I am part of a dedicated raid squad, doing the most difficult content in the game which takes us quite a lot of time. So i bought a lot of OPS passes just to be prepared for raids. You better give me something good for those 20 OPS passes i currently have (which cost me 40 million credits).

I already feel bad for the people who spent Cartel Coins to get those.

And for the love of Jabba the Hutt, can you guys learn to communicate big changes ON TIME. With on time i mean at least a month prior to the actual implementing of the damn change.

If only there was a time and place they could have told people that they were removing those passes from the CM, some sort of moving picture with sound that would have conveyed 30% information and 70% "wait until later" words. Oh wait. :p

I'm a subscriber so I never bothered with passes (and after I finish KotET, I'm seriously debating whether to bother keeping that sub), but this seems like just another sign of what is either Bioware's incompetence or ill will towards people. They just had two livestreams last week, talking about how they're going to ruin, er, change the game in 5.0, and it never occurs to them to announce it there?

Not to mention the nature of the change- no announcement, no warning, they're just gone, and we're left to rage and speculate on why all weekend. Then again, most likely they're going to release KotET broken then take off for Christmas vacation and won't be back until January. I hope that won't be the case, but it won't be the first time (SoR for instance).

It would be nice if they announced in-game tokens/time cards (WoW already has it), as a substitute for those weekly passes, but even if they did announce it, they probably wouldn't implement it well (would probably price it at 9000CC or something like that).

Did Wikipedia update the definition of change?

Under the current system you still earned comms and could purchase gear.

Under the new system you don't earn "comms" and cannot purchase or acquire gear.

That is a vastly different arrangement.

Under the old system I still completed my weekly guild conquest missions.

Under the new system I won't be able to help my guild on conquest points.

What you've proposed is reductions in the preferred players and F2P game access. You should be willing to say that outright. If that isn't your intent say that and fix it. Pretending its the same is were I have a problem with your posts.

its a shame and even if f2p and prefered have more restrictions with 5.0 i wont sub anymore in december.

for what shoould i sub?

for them old contents ? lol

and sry i dont sub only to get a few achieves on old contents again like in ds.ls event.

and i didnt join this event too at all cause its a slap in players face.

same is 5.0

the reason why they do make this restrictions now is that they know many people are pissed off from 5.0 and would have unsubbed.so now they think with them restrictions they can stop players for unsub.

but let me tell you something:

people will be more pissed off now and not only unsub .they stop the game at all.

and they are *********** right about it

im very pissed off with those greedy people from bioware and ea.

shame on you

Edited by tonitirola

Hey folks,

One of the things that we have talked about last week is our new Galactic Command system, only accessible to subscribers at Level 70. Galactic Command will serve as the single point of access for subscribers to earn rewards playing endgame content such as Operations and Warzones. As of the release of the Knights of the Eternal Throne, rewards from this gameplay is gained via Galactic Command, therefore passes are no longer viable. For example, a preferred player with a Weekly Pass: Operations would be able to play an Operation, but would not earn any rewards for doing so. Due to this change, we have removed all Passes from the Cartel Market.

The following passes have been removed from the Cartel Market:

• Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • Weekly Pass: Operations
  • Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Additionally, these passes will be converted to Bind on Legacy with Game Update 4.7.3 coming on Tuesday October 25th. On November 29th all passes will then be removed from the game when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. We are still locking down exactly how we will compensate players who have unused passes as of November 29, and I will have more information to share regarding that next week. We recognize that players are interested in something similar to the Weekly Passes which would offer non-subscribers access to Galactic Command. We are exploring possible options and I will pass on updates as soon as we have them. As always, keep the feedback coming!

Thanks for your support.

-eric

This has been executed pretty badly and will cost you subscribers in my guild: We had a veteran's RL meeting on the weekend and managed to organize a welcome back raid for next Sunday that all ex subscribers were going to play with OPs passes. You have just killed that raid and thus the chance to motivate 7 players to return to the game.

A solution for our revival raid on Sunday would be very much apreciated.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Hey folks,

We are still locking down exactly how we will compensate players who have unused passes as of November 29, and I will have more information to share regarding that next week.

-eric

I'm pretty sure anything other than a direct refund is going to be unacceptable.

Preferred players will fall under the existing restrictions they have now. They can complete Flashpoints normally but with no rewards at level 70, a limited number of Warzones per week but they cannot access Operations.

-eric

Edit: Clarifying an error

Question, right now a preferred player can just group up with a subscriber and the subscriber can queue for warzones, bypassing the weekly limit. Will preferred players be able to keep doing that with 5.0 or are you guys completely blocking preferred from getting into warzones even if a subscriber queues up for them?

This has been executed pretty badly and will cost you subscribers in my guild: We had a veteran's RL meeting on the weekend and managed to organize a welcome back raid for next Sunday that all ex subscribers were going to play with OPs passes. You have just killed that raid and thus the chance to motivate 7 players to return to the game.

A solution for our revival raid on Sunday would be very much apreciated.

This is a perfect example of why this change, and everything KOTET's doing to the Preferred players, is such a colossal mistake.

Preferred players are prevented from taking part in group content.

As a result, Subscribers cannot use Preferred players in that group content, reducing the likelihood of runs.

Preferred players are not shown why it would be awesome for them to Subscribe, they are only punished for not subscribing.

Preferred players just don't play the game.

Subscribers can't play with their friends.

Subscribers leave the game.

Unless something majorly changes for KOTET, this will become a De Facto Sub-Only game. And if SWTOR couldn't survive as a De Jure Sub-Only game, what makes you think this time will be any different?

This is a perfect example of why this change, and everything KOTET's doing to the Preferred players, is such a colossal mistake.

Preferred players are prevented from taking part in group content.

As a result, Subscribers cannot use Preferred players in that group content, reducing the likelihood of runs.

Preferred players are not shown why it would be awesome for them to Subscribe, they are only punished for not subscribing.

Preferred players just don't play the game.

Subscribers can't play with their friends.

Subscribers leave the game.

Unless something majorly changes for KOTET, this will become a De Facto Sub-Only game. And if SWTOR couldn't survive as a De Jure Sub-Only game, what makes you think this time will be any different?

Completely agree, +1

The possibility that all passes are being obsoleted by them changing to sell short-term "premium" time passes is not actually a possibility; and that they could then just open everything up to all comers, with only people with "premium time" getting the CXP rewards?