Missle Blast = useless..

zackanarki

This skill is literally entirely useless for it's heat cost. At low levels sure it was fine, but now unless you are fighting weak mobs (even then there's still better options) it has no place in any rotation because of the 25 heat cost...

About it's only use is if you need a quick finisher when a mob has a little too much health for Rapid Shots to kill, even then I would almost just rather Rapid Shot twice because of the heat cost.. lol

Am I the only one who feels this way?

The skill really only has one use, and that's a good thing!

when you have your last target down to very low health, but enough health where rapid fire won't do the trick, you can hit this to finish your target.

This is especially useful in PvP because rapidly finishing an enemy before a heal finishes can often be the difference between winning or losing a fight.

Since the ability doesn't have a cast time or a cool down, it is a very good thing this ability has a large heat cost associated. Otherwise, this would be RIFT warrior's "flame lance" ability all over again. (They eventually did add a cd to the ability in Rift.)

In Rift, warriors would spam flame spear in an open cds and stay mobile for their other abilities to refresh, keep their target at optimal range and deal significant amounts of damage.

Instant casts provide the benefit of mobility and burst damage and ability like this needs significant draw backs to keep good players from abusing it.

I already see many players abusing rapid shots in this fashion, there is no reason to further the trend.

I just wish they would give it a 30% chance to reset the CD on railshot same as power shot for Pyrotech with the advanced prticle accelerator cos havin to root yourself for 1.5sec + beeing pushed back kinda blows. I mean it is expensive enough with 25 heat so it cannot be spammed. I just would like to be able to stay on the move. Unload also roots you for 3 seconds. So I´d appreciate one mobile ability for this.

Im still having long term memory issues with ability names... Is this the ability that is instant cast that detonates after a few seconds? Also, makes the Mob panic if they are regular or weakened?

If so, I use it quite often. I typically with dps the strong mob tab to the regular, missile blast them, tab back to the strong to continue dps'ing.

In PvP, I use it occasionally when I am running/jumping around to get a quick shot off.

In Flashpoints, I can't say I ever use it... Shoulder Slam either for that matter. As a matter of fact, I never once used Shoulder Slam.

I sure wish I could have 3 action bars at the bottom of my screen. I hate it when I am in the Voidstar and the stupid map thing blocks out my 3 top right side action bar buttons.

Okay, I think I derailed this enough :)

Im still having long term memory issues with ability names... Is this the ability that is instant cast that detonates after a few seconds? Also, makes the Mob panic if they are regular or weakened?

If so, I use it quite often. I typically with dps the strong mob tab to the regular, missile blast them, tab back to the strong to continue dps'ing.

In PvP, I use it occasionally when I am running/jumping around to get a quick shot off.

In Flashpoints, I can't say I ever use it... Shoulder Slam either for that matter. As a matter of fact, I never once used Shoulder Slam.

I sure wish I could have 3 action bars at the bottom of my screen. I hate it when I am in the Voidstar and the stupid map thing blocks out my 3 top right side action bar buttons.

Okay, I think I derailed this enough :)

youre thinking of explosive dart. missile blast explodes on contact without any cc

Bah, you mean it's useless to you. It's absolutely a go to ability for mobility.... Especially in pvp where all skills are useful to some degree. You will use missile blast to finish that pesky consular off as she runs from you....trust me.....

The problem with pve heroes is this stupid "rotation" talk... Where they morph classes into a handful of abilities and really just gimp themselves. Don't remove anything from your bars, there is always a place for a missile blast on the move...even in pve...

Am I the only person here who uses Missile Blast as a form of crowd control? Seems everybody is forgetting that it effectively stuns normal/weak enemies for a short period. NPC caster trying to heal? Missile Blast and not only does he not get the cast off, but he won't do anything else for several seconds. With good target switching and using queueing to help interleave missile blasts into your normal rotation, you can effectively keep an npc completely out of combat while still doing dps.

As mentioned previously, it's also good while you're mobile, but it's not just good dps while you're mobile, it counts toward being incapacitated for rail shot, which is also instant.

I don't use MB in every fight, but I've never been disappointed with having it on my bar.

While the points about PvP usage hold true, I was mostly referring to when you are soloing, it is entirely useless. In PvP it is definitely useful if you have the heat to spare, no argument there at all. But yeah, when fighting NPCs I find it entirely worthless and a huge energy waste. Especially when fighting silver or gold enemies because the heat cost starves you since the fights last longer and the damage isn't worth it.

For PVE it's useful if heat isn't an issue and you would like to bounce a regular npc that's incoming to melee range on you and other options like explosive dart or electrostun aren't ready. Recently I used it to bounce some stupid melee npc away from me, it was amusing. Otherwise, relegated to the Island of Misfit Toys....

I don't PVP yet, so I have no input for that venue.

Its not entirely useless in PvE, you just have to use it with caution. It knocks down weaks and does splash damage, so whenever I have an enemy low on health Ill change over to another weak and knock him down as well as finish off the other who was low on health.

Its situation for sure, but since it is instant and has no CD, it has to have a high heat cost. That's the tradeoff.

The best use I have for Missile Blast is a way to keep melee off you. I commonly run into 2 range 1 melee scenario. If the melee isn't Strong you can use Missile Blast to knock them back for enough to do something else before they come back. Thats the best use I've seen for it.