Old Republic TV/Netflix Show?

typenine

If they would make the show and followed Revan's story I doubt the story would be exactly the same simply because video games and comics do not format to tv perfectly.

But if that were the case and they had to redo the story a bit I hope it would be the original writers.

And Disney would probably rewrite bits of it just because it's their canon now.

I never understand why people do that, i mean i get it for the aliens and the droid beeps, but the conversations are why i play swtor, the story and they never get old, sadly, those that always demand to space bar it are the types that just do the run once and skip it from then on.

For some of us, they do get old.

I really enjoy them the first few times but after running through the exact same conversations 3 or 4 times it does start to get tedious.

Just like I don't enjoy having the same conversations with the same people in real life, I don't like it in my games either.

As i've seen every conversation and every possible outcome, I now spacebar everything.

I don't demand everyone in a group with me do the same though. They can watch to their hearts content, I usually have TV on in the background keeping me entertained while I wait, I just don't want to sit through something i've seen several times already.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed.

But honestly i am afraid i would not like it. I can always just ignore it if i don`t like it, so i don`t loose anything if i sign.

And i do love SWTOR story telling, lore etc etc. And cinematics? Oh, they get 10/10 from me. Expect latest cinematic. It just was not for my liking. Subjective points for latest cinematic would be 6/10, but for others definetly 10/10.

So certainly there is potential.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

Signed.

But honestly i am afraid i would not like it. I can always just ignore it if i don`t like it, so i don`t loose anything if i sign.

And i do love SWTOR story telling, lore etc etc. And cinematics? Oh, they get 10/10 from me. Expect latest cinematic. It just was not for my liking. Subjective points for latest cinematic would be 6/10, but for others definetly 10/10.

So certainly there is potential.

There is a lot of options in terms of story.

You could start with Revan's story and follow Kotors path or Start before the start of the Mandalorian wars which in my mind would be far better as you could follow all the different stories and their beginnings, for example Kreia when she was a Jedi, how Darth Nihilus came to be, we know he was on Malachor V but was he a Jedi or a Mandalorian?

Anyway I think it would be fascinating but you would need very good writers to do it well.

I'm a little iffy on this. I would be okay with it if say Drew Karpyshyn was a part of the process and Revan was brought back to canon. Otherwise I would have no interest in the show whatsoever because there's a lot of Revan's storyline still untold or seen, we have hints like we did with Vader but we have yet to see his past with the Mandolarian Wars or his time as an apprentice.

I'm a little iffy on this. I would be okay with it if say Drew Karpyshyn was a part of the process and Revan was brought back to canon. Otherwise I would have no interest in the show whatsoever because there's a lot of Revan's storyline still untold or seen, we have hints like we did with Vader but we have yet to see his past with the Mandolarian Wars or his time as an apprentice.

I would imagine that Revan's would be a large part of the story.

Revan+Surik+Kreia+Nihilus+Malak+Bastilla, etc, etc.

I never understand why people do that, i mean i get it for the aliens and the droid beeps, but the conversations are why i play swtor, the story and they never get old, sadly, those that always demand to space bar it are the types that just do the run once and skip it from then on.

It depends on how many times you've already done it

I would hope so but Disney already made him no longer canon. Stupid Disney. :mad:

If they made a show it would probably be cannon but that would also mean they could completely throw out the old story with a new one.

Who knows! I want to see it happen either way.