Old Republic TV/Netflix Show?

typenine

Some articles I saw.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3600991/clamor-for-a-star-wars-the-old-republic-netflix-series-gains-momentum/

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-tv-series-petition/

The petition itself: https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-bringing-the-old-republic-era-of-star-wars-to-netflix

So what do you guys think? Do you want it made into a tv show?

I personally think the Old republic setting would work well for a tv show but it would hinge heavily on the writing and how they would choose to present it.

Edited by typenine

Its success would depend on whether or not the audience could spacebar through conversations to get to the fight scenes.

I never understand why people do that, i mean i get it for the aliens and the droid beeps, but the conversations are why i play swtor, the story and they never get old, sadly, those that always demand to space bar it are the types that just do the run once and skip it from then on.

I never understand why people do that, i mean i get it for the aliens and the droid beeps, but the conversations are why i play swtor, the story and they never get old, sadly, those that always demand to space bar it are the types that just do the run once and skip it from then on.

No, I ask for spacebar because I've done Rakata Prime dozens of times and I don't want to hear the damn five-minute non-interactive dialogue at the start of the FP again and again.

I usually don't make a big deal of it, but I do wish people would spacebar more. If you're going through it for the story, great - there's a solo mode where you can stop and smell the roses. I'm there for conquest points and daily crystals.

On topic, I'd like an Old Republic series : )

If that was their only motivation the EU would never have been killed.

No, Disney wants this to be their universe, so they can do whatever they want with it.

I think they killed the EU to free up creative space for the Force Awakens etc. But ultimately they didn't spend billions of dollars to not make money.

I think they killed the EU to free up creative space for the Force Awakens etc. But ultimately they didn't spend billions of dollars to not make money.

They could have just kept selling EU books/comics/games to those who wanted them and created an alternative timeline to their Disneycanon. Separating legends and their canon but still continueing to make money from both of them, you know.

it's be good. but i wouldn't want it to use a story that's already in games.

a new unique story would be good. maybe follow the exploits of a twi'lek smuggler, that'd be cool. or maybe finally get a series that's shown from a sith's perspective and follow a young acolyte on korriban or ziost.

I think it's highly doubtful this will ever happen. Nothing in or about the game is canon. Personally I believe this is why SWTOR is going in strange new directions with the KoTFE. They have to. I'm sure that nothing in Disney's vision will ever see the light of day in SWTOR. Why? Because there cannot be two independent "Official" Star Wars Stories.

We in SWTOR are cut off from anything in Star Wars canon.

Which only leaves Bioware with one option. Take the whole kit and caboodle in a completely new direction. I think in the future SWTOR will have no option but to travel far away from any hint of Disney's Star Wars.

I think it's highly doubtful this will ever happen. Nothing in or about the game is canon. Personally I believe this is why SWTOR is going in strange new directions with the KoTFE. They have to. I'm sure that nothing in Disney's vision will ever see the light of day in SWTOR. Why? Because there cannot be two independent "Official" Star Wars Stories.

We in SWTOR are cut off from anything in Star Wars canon.

Which only leaves Bioware with one option. Take the whole kit and caboodle in a completely new direction. I think in the future SWTOR will have no option but to travel far away from any hint of Disney's Star Wars.

They have mentioned that Disney still has to sign off on their stories if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of MMO players don't really care about story and aren't used to voiced dialogue either. In a game with relatively decent acting and a true RPG story it's sad to see. I might do it if I've done the quest a gazillion times (back when I played a lot and had multiple runthroughs at the same time I did it on side quests) Now that I'm back everything is new again so I wouldn't do it.

This would be a grand opportunity for Lucasfilm under Disney direction to establish a prehistory for the events already covered in canon while simultaneously making rabid enemies of anybody still beholden to the Legends lore taking place before Phantom Menace.

Truly a Buy One Get One deal if ever there was.

They should make a series and base it around Revan's life. His origin story, his participation in the mando wars, etc. Some of it would already be known as "fact" by hardcore KOTOR fans and some of it would probably be fudged with and piss off hardcore KOTOR fans (myself included), but there's a lot of potential for really quality storytelling and the character is iconic enough in the SW universe that they could make big money just off of the name.

I'm enough of a KOTOR fan that I'd probably watch it on name alone.

They should make a series and base it around Revan's life. His origin story, his participation in the mando wars, etc. Some of it would already be known as "fact" by hardcore KOTOR fans and some of it would probably be fudged with and piss off hardcore KOTOR fans (myself included), but there's a lot of potential for really quality storytelling and the character is iconic enough in the SW universe that they could make big money just off of the name.

I'm enough of a KOTOR fan that I'd probably watch it on name alone.

If they would make the show and followed Revan's story I doubt the story would be exactly the same simply because video games and comics do not format to tv perfectly.

But if that were the case and they had to redo the story a bit I hope it would be the original writers.

Some articles I saw.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3600991/clamor-for-a-star-wars-the-old-republic-netflix-series-gains-momentum/

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-tv-series-petition/

The petition itself: https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-bringing-the-old-republic-era-of-star-wars-to-netflix

So what do you guys think? Do you want it made into a tv show?

I personally think the Old republic setting would work well for a tv show but it would hinge heavily on the writing and how they would choose to present it.

Its impossible... You have no idea how much money cost one 4 minutes animated trailer. Imagine 20 or 45 minutes and 15 episodes for one season.

Sorry to say but its waste of money for them, Unprofitable... very.

Edited by tummiswtor

Its impossible... You have no idea how much money cost one 4 minutes animated trailer. Imagine 20 or 45 minutes and 15 episodes for one season.

Sorry to say but its waste of money for them, Unprofitable... very.

It could be live action for one and if it were to be animated I highly doubt it would look as nice as the trailers simply because of the reason you just pointed out.