Non-human companion romance

nerdviking

One thing that has always bugged me about SWTOR is the companion romance options - namely that they're all, for the most part, human. For the female characters, there's only one non-human romance option (Aric Jorgan), and for the males there are very few non-human romance options (Vette, Kaliyo, Akaavi, and Ashara) - and let's be honest: the only good companion out of those choices is Vette.

So with the new expanded storylines of KotFE and the soon to be released KotET, I would like to request that some more alien/non-human romance partners. Maybe a Voss or Mirialan? Hell I'd take a Togruta that I don't want to shove out the airlock at this point. I'd also like to see a bit of diversity in alignment. The only "Dark Side" romance options are Kaliyo and Jaessa (if you go Dark Side on Warrior). But what about a Dark Side romance for the Inquisitor, for example? Literally every companion for that class (yes, I know, doesn't matter as you get new companions in KotFE/KotET) encourages dark side choices, and you feel like a total bad@ss taking the Dark Side story options, and then you have the incessant, irritating nagging and whining of Ashara Zavros, which just makes you want to kill her off.

Also, for people who would say that Nadia and Mako aren't "human" romance partners either - cyborg is just a human with bits of metal on the face, and whatever Nadia is is just a human with face paint.

Edited by nerdviking

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, Kaliyo's romance was pretty good. It doesn't suit all characterisations of the agent, but my agent went for the "my life is a tissue of lies" schema with a tendency toward the Murky Side, into which a romance with Kaliyo fits perfectly.

And for the *female* SI, Andronikos is NOT what I'd call Light Side. He approves of a lot of DS options, and not so many LS options.

I'm still waiting for a male force user romance. Like why doesn't it exist?

I WANT ARCANN!!!!!

But I understand where you're coming from op, even though I dont care for other species besides human, and pureblood. I'd like a male companion with a bad *** personality. LIKE ARCANN!!!! Don't even get me started on Andronikos.

I feel like female romance options are written by someone like E.L James. Such typical basic female romance.

Edited by Eshvara

Let's be honest, Kaliyo's romance was pretty good. It doesn't suit all characterisations of the agent, but my agent went for the "my life is a tissue of lies" schema with a tendency toward the Murky Side, into which a romance with Kaliyo fits perfectly.

And for the *female* SI, Andronikos is NOT what I'd call Light Side. He approves of a lot of DS options, and not so many LS options.

True, I forgot to include Andronikos in the DS romances list. I only play male characters cos romancing men isn't my preference.

The story of KotFE is written for a male human jedi knight with Lana as the "canon" romance. Just like for example ME2 (to an extrend) and ME3 are written for a female Shepard with Liara as "canon" romance.

So there went much less work in the other "romance storys" and i bet that for KotET it is the same.

For the "classic" chapter 1 ot 3 class storys... Well... Remember the *****torm Bioware got for the Liara romance in ME1? So they went the safe route and back then the game was aimed for 12 year olds...

Edited by AFacelessOne

The story of KotFE is written for a male human jedi knight with Lana as the "canon" romance. Just like for example ME2 (to an extrend) and ME3 are written for a female Shepard with Liara as "canon" romance.

So there went much less work in the other "romance storys" and i bet that for KotET it is the same.

For the "classic" chapter 1 ot 3 class storys... Well... Remember the *****torm Bioware got for the Liara romance in ME1? So they went the safe route and back then the game was aimed for 12 year olds...

How do you know its written to be that way? I mean, i did it with a female human Inquisitor and a male chiss Imperial Agent so far, and it seemed just fine to me.

I havent done it with the Knight yet (hell, i havent even played the Knight 1-50 story yet), so i cant say for sure though. But i just ask bc i already saw this statement before, im curious if there's something in the story which clearly indicates it should be that way.

How do you know its written to be that way? I mean, i did it with a female human Inquisitor and a male chiss Imperial Agent so far, and it seemed just fine to me.

I havent done it with the Knight yet (hell, i havent even played the Knight 1-50 story yet), so i cant say for sure though. But i just ask bc i already saw this statement before, im curious if there's something in the story which clearly indicates it should be that way.

The Jedi Knight male is the only real "canon" character. It's also the reason why it's always portrayed by Bioware on pretty much anything.

It's just the way it is.

Try playing female, you only get one darkside romance companion and that's Andronikos. Quinn is a loyal imperial agent, yet a lot of his approval comes from lightside choices. (Not that approval means much now). So if you want to rp your LI actually liking you than you are pretty much forced to go light even on imp side bar 1.

And like you said females get 1 non human whereas males get 4. Even though there are a few good potentials, Zenith, Rusk and Scourge. Hey but thats par for the course if you are female or play female characters.

Edited by serenitty

What you saw was maybe another of my comments, i wrote that several times.

Why i (think i) know?

I played KotFE sofar with all classes exept agent and soldier. First sign is that pretty much from the start the story is much better suited for a force user. I also fiddled alot around with different conversation options and datamined the**** out of KotFE.

Next thing is that KotFE

and KotET

is heavily focused around Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion/whateverothername and his disfunctional family.

He is also the "final boss" of the jedi knights classic story line. For that reason everything he says about our charakter in the KotFE Story is much more suited for a knight than any other class, which has only to with him on Yavin 4 and Ziost...exept the warriors chapter 3 story but there it is more "The Hand" than himself.

And for a biased reason: I'm writing myself and if i would write a story for a knight, i would do it in a similar way.

The Emperor is the main bad guy from start to finish in the Jedi Knight story, so the Jedi Knight has alot more history with the Emperor than any other class. Sith Warrior is a pretty close second, as you are the Emperor's favorite Sith throughout the entire story, but you have no relationship with the Emperor until the last chapter of the class story.

I would also agree that Lana is obviously the canon romance. Her attitude and behavior towards the Out-lander feels more appropriate when there is something romantic going on between the two. She really does feel like the new Liara.

Edited by cool-dude

What you saw was maybe another of my comments, i wrote that several times.

Why i (think i) know?

I played KotFE sofar with all classes exept agent and soldier. First sign is that pretty much from the start the story is much better suited for a force user. I also fiddled alot around with different conversation options and datamined the**** out of KotFE.

Next thing is that KotFE

and KotET

is heavily focused around Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion/whateverothername and his disfunctional family.

He is also the "final boss" of the jedi knights classic story line. For that reason everything he says about our charakter in the KotFE Story is much more suited for a knight than any other class, which has only to with him on Yavin 4 and Ziost...exept the warriors chapter 3 story but there it is more "The Hand" than himself.

And for a biased reason: I'm writing myself and if i would write a story for a knight, i would do it in a similar way.

Is your post from the data mined info? You shouldnt really post that here.

Edited by Eshvara

The Emperor is the main bad guy from start to finish in the Jedi Knight story, so the Jedi Knight has alot more history with the Emperor than any other class. Sith Warrior is a pretty close second, as you are the Emperor's favorite Sith throughout the entire story, but you have no relationship with the Emperor until the last chapter of the class story.

I would also agree that Lana is obviously the canon romance. Her attitude and behavior towards the Out-lander feels more appropriate when there is something romantic going on between the two. She really does feel like the new Liara.

Ugh, I know a lot of people were begging for Lana to be a companion and for the romance to go on back when Forged Alliances was being released and SoR was on the horizon, and then again after SoR, but seriously, she can back off on trying to be my "buddy" if my current character isn't romancing her. And y'know, act more like she did towards my Outlander who isn't romancing her before Outlander became Outlander and was just Hero/Wrath/Nox/Imperious/Occulus/Cipher/Champion/Major/Voidhound/Barsen'thor.

Ugh, I know a lot of people were begging for Lana to be a companion and for the romance to go on back when Forged Alliances was being released and SoR was on the horizon, and then again after SoR, but seriously, she can back off on trying to be my "buddy" if my current character isn't romancing her. And y'know, act more like she did towards my Outlander who isn't romancing her before Outlander became Outlander and was just Hero/Wrath/Nox/Imperious/Occulus/Cipher/Champion/Major/Voidhound/Barsen'thor.

What? I recall most people hating Lana then, complaining about her look. It wasn't until KotFE and the loss of all the other companions and a change in Lana's look, did more people want her as a companion, and that still felt like it was a matter of giving up hope on the originals returning (for most of them).

There did not seem to be a lot of us pro Lana types around :p Theron was more popular and they haven't done much with him imo.

What? I recall most people hating Lana then, complaining about her look. It wasn't until KotFE and the loss of all the other companions and a change in Lana's look, did more people want her as a companion, and that still felt like it was a matter of giving up hope on the originals returning (for most of them).

There did not seem to be a lot of us pro Lana types around :p Theron was more popular and they haven't done much with him imo.

Ah, I saw more Lana love in General Chats than the forums.

Personally, I wish she stayed an NPC like in FA/SoR/Ziost. I mean, I like both Lana and Theron, but having them as companions and then having one as a companion for what seemed like most of KotFE made her get a little on my nerves. I wanted to go off adventuring through the KotFE chapters with my choice of companions, not the one assigned to me until I go to whoever I was recruiting in that chapter (Seriously, I would loved to have Pierce with my Warrior when she goes to get Jorgan with the Alliance, since Jorgan was with Havoc Squad and Havoc took back the Bastion that Pierce's Black Ops team took, so much potential there. Or Gault being dragged along into a Mandalorian camp to find Torian and the two sort of trading stories of what the last five years were like since the Champion vanished. But no, we must take the one BW pre-chose for us. And it really felt like I was taking Lana along a lot of the time.)

Then again, I barely used Liara on any of my teams in Mass Effect as I pursued Garrus Vakarian and then "rounded off" my team with Wrex/Tali'Zorah/Grunt/Javik. Usually Tali once she was on the team.

EDIT: Speaking of ME, we have non-human romances there! Who doesn't want Batman- I mean Garrus,- or Adorkable Tech Tali'Zorah? For Adorkable, Tali did it better than obsessive Liara even when Liara wasn't romanced at all.

Edited by LyraineAlei

Ah, I saw more Lana love in General Chats than the forums.

Personally, I wish she stayed an NPC like in FA/SoR/Ziost. I mean, I like both Lana and Theron, but having them as companions and then having one as a companion for what seemed like most of KotFE made her get a little on my nerves. I wanted to go off adventuring through the KotFE chapters with my choice of companions, not the one assigned to me until I go to whoever I was recruiting in that chapter (Seriously, I would loved to have Pierce with my Warrior when she goes to get Jorgan with the Alliance, since Jorgan was with Havoc Squad and Havoc took back the Bastion that Pierce's Black Ops team took, so much potential there. Or Gault being dragged along into a Mandalorian camp to find Torian and the two sort of trading stories of what the last five years were like since the Champion vanished. But no, we must take the one BW pre-chose for us. And it really felt like I was taking Lana along a lot of the time.)

Then again, I barely used Liara on any of my teams in Mass Effect as I pursued Garrus Vakarian and then "rounded off" my team with Wrex/Tali'Zorah/Grunt/Javik. Usually Tali once she was on the team.

EDIT: Speaking of ME, we have non-human romances there! Who doesn't want Batman- I mean Garrus,- or Adorkable Tech Tali'Zorah? For Adorkable, Tali did it better than obsessive Liara even when Liara wasn't romanced at all.

I liked Lana from the beginning, but I can see why people would rather choose the companion the run with, especially with those whose LIs are Lana. Why run with Lana at the end, when it could be Theron or one of the returned LIs? Things like that.

Likely due to them not wanting to have more chat choices.

And this is why i feel like BW just assumes everyone playing the game is a guy, or a guy pretending to be a lesbian.

Same as in Mass effect with Liara.

Get a clue BW we really arent all guys, men pretending to be lesbians, or actual lesbians :rolleyes:

No matter how much you may fantasize about lesbians :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I'm hoping there will be new romances for the expansion. Some of my characters don't have any romances as yet and I would like them to have completely new options for the new story. And I hope the new romance options, if there are any, are more attractive and have more personality than Koth.

I'm hoping there will be new romances for the expansion. Some of my characters don't have any romances as yet and I would like them to have completely new options for the new story. And I hope the new romance options, if there are any, are more attractive and have more personality than Koth.

I really hope there isn't. I'd rather them take existing ones and make them accessible to all classes. If they make new ones, that just means less story with the companions we already have.

We have the option to kill Jorgan and Kaliyo. I expect no more stories from either of them now, even if you married one of them, as they'd have to account for those who did or did not kill them.

Do you think it's possible that people with Jorgan or Kaliyo for a romance would just get a different story than the ones that killed them?

Also, if they make chapters redoable with the expansion, does that mean that characters that didn't romance say, Lana or Theron, will be able to go back and have a romance with them that would continue on?

I just hate to think that characters that have never romanced anyone yet would be locked out of this for the rest of the expansion or game.

Do you think it's possible that people with Jorgan or Kaliyo for a romance would just get a different story than the ones that killed them?

Also, if they make chapters redoable with the expansion, does that mean that characters that didn't romance say, Lana or Theron, will be able to go back and have a romance with them that would continue on?

I just hate to think that characters that have never romanced anyone yet would be locked out of this for the rest of the expansion or game.

With the way they seem to want to put everyone into one storyline? No. I think they want to dwindle down the LI options to as few as possible and possibly ignore all original ones after they returned, with the possibility of never returning the ones we haven't gotten back yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.