I just watched that SWG video...this game makes me depressed.

KetMalice

I miss SWG =(

Awwww me too :(

Sadly I don't think we will ever see a MMORPG on that type of grand scale again...

WoW has killed so many gamers brain cells they simply cant cope with the level of complexity, choice and depth that SWG had to offer, particularly in its heyday :)

Gone but not forgotten...was light years ahead of its time imo but all the industry seems to make these days is the WoW style Fisher Price MMORPG.

Sad times.

Still am having an absolute blast with TOR, just needs a few bells and whistles and a little more complexity within its game mechanics and it could very well get my sub for years to come if they flesh out end game....

Driz

Awwww me too :(

Sadly I don't think we will ever see a MMORPG on that type of grand scale again...

WoW has killed so many gamers brain cells they simply cant cope with the level of complexity, choice and depth that SWG had to offer, particularly in its heyday :)

Gone but not forgotten...was light years ahead of its time imo but all the industry seems to make these days is the WoW style Fisher Price MMORPG.

Sad times.

Still am having an absolute blast with TOR, just needs a few bells and whistles and a little more complexity within its game mechanics and it could very well get my sub for years to come if they flesh out end game....

Driz

I just posted this in another thread, but it fits here as well...

Agreed, but the time of ONLY being able to level up in a group, not having a questline to follow to reach your max level, and having to constantly weigh risk vs. reward in almost every task, while having to decide what stat you wanted to raise and which skill was worth using your points for (Real customization.. not this auto-allocation and auto ability crap that is the norm now) are long gone.

Never again will I be able to focus on the skills I want to be profecient at... Never again will I be able to allocate my stats the way I want them to be, creating an actual customization from my character that is a "warrior class" to the other "warrior class". Now we have talent tree only. HEY max level mage, your the exact same character as me naked. That's super customized!

Never again will I journey far out of the realm of the norm for an increased droprate of rares, but the higher probability of being killed by some elite pvper and having all of my gear taken from me (Risk vs Reward).

Nope... now I log in, follow my little questline alone. Level up, get my stats handed to me where they see fit, go and purchase my abilities that I did nothing to earn, and put my little point in my talent tree. I go out and see an opposing faction member and PVP a little, get killed... its ok, I just press the "revive here" button and all is good. No XP loss, no gear loss, no loss of anything. Sure I have to pay 400 gold/credit/tunara/dinar/currency to repair, but thats ok.

I just posted this in another thread, but it fits here as well...

Agreed, but the time of ONLY being able to level up in a group, not having a questline to follow to reach your max level, and having to constantly weigh risk vs. reward in almost every task, while having to decide what stat you wanted to raise and which skill was worth using your points for (Real customization.. not this auto-allocation and auto ability crap that is the norm now) are long gone.

Never again will I be able to focus on the skills I want to be profecient at... Never again will I be able to allocate my stats the way I want them to be, creating an actual customization from my character that is a "warrior class" to the other "warrior class". Now we have talent tree only. HEY max level mage, your the exact same character as me naked. That's super customized!Never again will I journey far out of the realm of the norm for an increased droprate of rares, but the higher probability of being killed by some elite pvper and having all of my gear taken from me (Risk vs Reward).

Nope... now I log in, follow my little questline alone. Level up, get my stats handed to me where they see fit, go and purchase my abilities that I did nothing to earn, and put my little point in my talent tree. I go out and see an opposing faction member and PVP a little, get killed... its ok, I just press the "revive here" button and all is good. No XP loss, no gear loss, no loss of anything. Sure I have to pay 400 gold/credit/tunara/dinar/currency to repair, but thats ok.

Hey, TK/Fencer with stun batton and 30% stun resist composite armor, you're exactly identicle to me, that's super customization! Rose tinted glasses +10 to nostalgia.

I've come to terms that the big names in the gaming industry will look at swg as a lesson on "what not to do in an mmo"

which isn't a bad thing per se, but even the good ideas won't be tried again like the player crafting driven economy and player made gear.

expect wow clones for the next 10-15 years before anyone even attempts (aka has and spends money) an open world mmo that allows for community, crafting, and open world pvp

you can take that to the bank.