Makeb Dailies Back in 5.0 Please?

arunav

There were some daily quest areas removed in 4.0. Makeb's daily missions were among these.

The quests were the last set of dailies that were unique between Republic and Empire, and took place on one of the nicest looking planets in the game, Makeb. It was great to have a reason to go there on a regular basis accordingly, and the faction differences between missions made it worthwhile on either Republic or Imperial characters.

Since 4.0, all the daily quests were made one-time "exploration" missions, and there is only a revamped Staged Weekly on the planet now.

As the title asks, can the developers please consider placing the Makeb Daily missions back into the game, instead of leaving them as one-time exploration missions?

Repeatable content, solo or otherwise, at level cap I think many would agree is sought after by most of the game's fans. Especially when there are well-designed missions already available, I think it's a waste not to leave them open to players to make use of.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to go back to Makeb's beautifully designed areas sometimes and run through what used to be part of the level-cap experience, the daily missions there.

Edited by arunav

I would like them back too as I really did like these better than the staged weeklies.

The Staged Weekly has changed for the worse since 4.x., imho, in the sense it mostly contains the longest and most tedious of the previous quests available to advance it.

I will admit to not having done the Staged Weekly much in the past (occasionally would on a stealth character, however mostly found it too time consuming for the rewards offered), but the daily missions I did often, alongside CZ-198 and Oricon.

I guess much of this stems from missing being able to quest on a large open planet generally at endgame, of which Makeb was the last one designed like the original 1-50 ones. The daily missions allowed you to go back and experience that planet, one I think (and recall when it came out, everyone in our guild at the time thought as well) was fantastic looking.

I'd also advocate for the Ilum dailies to return. I personally did not do these as much, but the same argument can be used for Ilum - it's a great looking planet, and there is almost no reason to go back to it if the dailies are gone (1 heroic per week is currently available).

I suppose I also simply don't understand why repeatable content would be removed.

Edited by arunav

They were removed because nobody played them.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=831959

I am no nobody...:mad: i have an name....:cool:

The new Weekly is always giving 'random' picks of dailies to complete ... not the fastest like we used to choose most of the time, different character can have different weekly in on week... and yes some of those mission can take roughly 30 min ore more to complete it

I'd like the staged weekly back. Silly to remove it.

Well, the Staged Weekly is still there, just in a different form.

I started this thread about MAKEB DAILIES. They used to all unlock on a terminal after you finished the Makeb story on a given faction. There were different dailies for the Republic and Empire, about 8 each.

Now, all these quests are only an exploration mission that can be done just once.

I was hoping BW could restore these dailies for the reasons stated above, in short because Makeb is a well-designed, gorgeous planet and it's nice to have a reason to go back there.

Also, I don't understand why repeatable content is removed. Even if, as claimed above, not many people did them, some of us really liked the quests. I certainly used to see others on Makeb doing the dailies regularly. They I'm sure weren't as popular as CZ-198 and Oricon (the others that came out in 2.x), but the quick-transport terminal had (and still does) the option to go to the Makeb ones as well for a reason - they were part of endgame dailies.

All i'm asking in this thread is for BW to consider making them active again, as there are some of us who would appreciate it.

Edited by arunav

I agree, I'd like the Makeb dailies back as well, used to do them maybe twice a week along with the gsi weekly.

I also miss the Ilum dailies. They were a nice relaxing way to relax after a night of raiding, just crisscross Ilum while looking at the Ilum sky.

I never cared much for the Staged Weekly and I don't like the misions there are for Makeb now. They're the same or very similar now to the old Staged Weekly which had too many long missions. I think I've tried it once since 4.0. It took like an hour or so. I used to blow through the Makeb Dailies and the Makeb GSI missions very often as they only took like 30 - 45 mins to complete all of them combined. Bring them back, please!

I'd guess they removed the dailies from Makeb and Ilum for economic reasons; as part of the retuning of the credit fountains to move the primary credit fountains to Heroics. Why they only did this for Ilum and Makeb, and not for Section X, Black Hole, CZ-198, Yavin, and Oricon is anyone's guess; but mine is that those have reputation grinds associated with them that cannot be easily replaced/supplemented (except for BH, and if you took the dailies away from BH, there's be nothing left).

It's a cynical thought, but I allow myself to have them every so often.

The Ilum and Belsavis dailies could raise companion influence. I assumed they were removed so that people couldn't raise influence for free each day, but instead had to buy comp gifts with data crystals.

You can get quite a bit of companion influence from odd parts of flashpoints. You can get "free" companion influence from running star fortresses in eithe rmode. You get free companion gifts and data crystals to buy more from running heroics.

Also, there's no monetization for data crystals - you can't buy them with cash. Why would BW care?

The Ilum and Belsavis dailies could raise companion influence. I assumed they were removed so that people couldn't raise influence for free each day, but instead had to buy comp gifts with data crystals.

The new "dailies" basically, heroics, in 4.0 allow for the same on each planet, if you talk to the quest giver instead of using the terminal.

It takes a little extra time, and naturally you can only raise influence on companions that the character has already met by the time they are on a given planet, but it can be worth it.

Myself and others are still waiting for our Makeb Gazebo that we are gypped out of, even though we did the achievements.

Never heard that happening - did you finish them way before the announcement was posted toward the end of 3.x? Maybe they only gave it to the people that did it in a certain date range, though that would be odd.

I remember finishing that (and almost all the other achievements on Makeb, player PVP aside - that's practically impossible) before 4.0 came, and definitely got the deco reward.

If folks haven't done it, it's pretty fun chasing down all the Champion bosses there for a different achievement, including getting into the Rancor's force field (in one of the southern-most mesas). I don't know if you'd need groups to beat them now with companions being so powerful, but you did need a healer in the past for some of them.

Anyway.... dailies. Makeb. I miss those.

Edited by arunav