Why the hell would anybody want Shae Vizla as a companion?

RameiArashi

She does seem to want to reform the Manados, so I like her for that, still if you could kill all of them, my DS Shadow would definitely do that. You don't have to use the companion, I have never used Nico or whatever, he doesn't fit with any of my characters.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but how exactly would you go about getting this (or other ) perk companions in the game?

The official information is pretty vague. You can either get her from doing a mission (though the info doesn't say where you get it or what level you have to be to get it) or you can use a token (again no clue where/how you get said token).

Is the development team always this lax with information when they release content?

The site says you can unlock Shae Vizla by being a sub on Oct. 25th. Just logged on a few minutes ago and saw nothing mentioning it. No mission info, no token info popup...nothing.

So how do you unlock the perk companions since I can't seem to figure it out?

Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but how exactly would you go about getting this (or other ) perk companions in the game?

The official information is pretty vague. You can either get her from doing a mission (though the info doesn't say where you get it or what level you have to be to get it) or you can use a token (again no clue where/how you get said token).

Is the development team always this lax with information when they release content?

The site says you can unlock Shae Vizla by being a sub on Oct. 25th. Just logged on a few minutes ago and saw nothing mentioning it. No mission info, no token info popup...nothing.

It's a pre-order thing. If you're subbed on the given date, you qualify for getting Shae with the release of the expansion.

If you had an active sub yesterday you will receive a token in the mail of every character you have on launch day. If it works like Nico workes, even lvl 1 characters can use the token to get Shae, but if you use the token there might be an achievement you can't get. The mission is most likely going to be an alert that pops up at some point during KotET. Nico's alert requires ch. 9 of KotFE.

Edited by Damask_Rose

But why Shae Visla bring Scourge and you will get a better reception.

All the ads for KOTFE were "positive" characters. The videos consisted of jedi and good companions and shae is supposed to be a good character too. Bioware thinks that "evil" characters like sith and their companions dont make good publicity for a game about two different factions.

All the ads for KOTFE were "positive" characters. The videos consisted of jedi and good companions and shae is supposed to be a good character too. Bioware thinks that "evil" characters like sith and their companions dont make good publicity for a game about two different factions.

I think a lot of the displeasure in this topic comes from the fact that Shae Vizla isn't a "good" character, though. At best, she's kind of a Chaotic Neutral.

I think a lot of the displeasure in this topic comes from the fact that Shae Vizla isn't a "good" character, though. At best, she's kind of a Chaotic Neutral.

I see her as a fairly uninteresting and useless character. Which is why she was perfect for promotion. Kind of like Nico. I guess the difference is that Shae actually showed up in the story. But, still, she wasn't very important.

I'm torn on wanting her as a companion TBH. Sure she would be a fun companion. I like her and really enjoyed seeing her back in the story in Chap 14 of KOTFE (one of the better KOTFE chapters IMO). But making her a companion means she will no longer be a part of the ongoing story which is disappointing.

She'll just be another side companion we'll probably do a mini mission for (like we did for Nico) and that will be it. We'll never hear form her again. I would much rather have seen her in the upcoming story then have her as a companion. I'm guessing she'll remain Mandalore (unless something changes?) but not seeing her actively in that role in the story will be sad.

The ending of Chapter 14 implied we'd see more of the Mandalorion's in the future so hopefully making her a companion does not diminish from that.

I'm torn on wanting her as a companion TBH. Sure she would be a fun companion. I like her and really enjoyed seeing her back in the story in Chap 14 of KOTFE (one of the better KOTFE chapters IMO). But making her a companion means she will no longer be a part of the ongoing story which is disappointing.

She'll just be another side companion we'll probably do a mini mission for (like we did for Nico) and that will be it. We'll never hear form her again. I would much rather have seen her in the upcoming story then have her as a companion. I'm guessing she'll remain Mandalore (unless something changes?) but not seeing her actively in that role in the story will be sad.

The ending of Chapter 14 implied we'd see more of the Mandalorion's in the future so hopefully making her a companion does not diminish from that.

I've got this feeling that BWA were planning a 3 season story with companions come back on various stages of the story over a three year period. And then they got the feedback about people missing their companions and not being happy with KotFE and the continuous lack of group content.

So they decided, once again, to do a 180 and cut the remaining two seasons short and stick them into one season. After all, when it comes to companion deaths we will be able "to rack up quite a count". So perhaps this is their solution to condensing the story.

It's just a theory but recently I've had moments where this idea just popped up based on what I see happening.

So now we're gonna cut to the end of the story probably and get more group content and go back to dark and light side stories.

Again, it's just a theory or something that occurred to me, but I think it could actually fit.

I've got this feeling that BWA were planning a 3 season story with companions come back on various stages of the story over a three year period. And then they got the feedback about people missing their companions and not being happy with KotFE and the continuous lack of group content.

So they decided, once again, to do a 180 and cut the remaining two seasons short and stick them into one season. After all, when it comes to companion deaths we will be able "to rack up quite a count". So perhaps this is their solution to condensing the story.

It's just a theory but recently I've had moments where this idea just popped up based on what I see happening.

So now we're gonna cut to the end of the story probably and get more group content and go back to dark and light side stories.

Again, it's just a theory or something that occurred to me, but I think it could actually fit.

I don't think we'll get even separate factional storylines back, but if they throttle back the Galaxy-Spanning Hero stuff I'll be OK with that. Ulysses, not Heracles.

I quite like her.

I'd rather have her as a companion than most of the companions i've got.

To be honest, that was the reason I resubbed.

I wasn't going to bother until the expansion launched, i'm busy with other games, but I missed the other sub reward companions and wasn't going to miss that one.

So Shae Vizla as a companion brought me back a month early.

This is all very well but what about THANA VESH as a companion?!?!

We have been asking for her as a companion literally since LAUNCH!

We clearly don't need much of a back story to insert ::random companion:: into the story. Here we go though: Thana survives her "death" (if you chose to kill her at end of Taris Imp story line) and went into hiding as she felt disgraced. As a result, she survived the initial onslaught from The Eternal Empire and has taken up arms again to defend her once loved Empire and gain her pride or whatever you wanna say she is in it for.

WE WANT THANA VESH!

I have yet to see a significant option for a companion death throughout this new story, & we have a lot more companions left to acquire. I hope the rest show up, it would be tragic to wait ANOTHER year after this. If/when these options come up, I concur that I'd like to see Shae get got.

The Aric/Kaliyo deaths were...blah. Killing Aric felt like you were wasting your best ground military asset (as 4x and Pierce aren't story related and by that point you don't have any other soldiers), killing kaliyo while satisfying (honestly should have killed her in hutta) also the way it lead into it was horrible. You had to jump through hoops in order to kill one of them.

I like Shae Vizla and I will take her as another companion, but yet another companion is ridiculous. How many companions do we really need? Basically, they are all the same now. Healer, Tank, or DPS and you can switch whenever you want instead of companions have there own specialty's. :mad:

I like Shae Vizla and I will take her as another companion, but yet another companion is ridiculous. How many companions do we really need? Basically, they are all the same now. Healer, Tank, or DPS and you can switch whenever you want instead of companions have there own specialty's. :mad:

I'm going to be honest... I like that companion roles aren't specialized anymore. It sucked playing a sin on my first character and not getting a healer until the end of Hoth. This is also when the content was occasionally challenging, too.

Besides, who would want to have to gear all these companions? Especially when you have to slog through affection, too. No thanks. BW did a good thing with that.

But, the question still stands; why do we need another companion? Answer: Why not?

What's need got to do with it?

Let me be able to change a companion from melee to ranged and we'll be set. :cool:

I have no idea why anyone would want her. I certainly don't. I'll obtain her by virtue of my 6 month subscription which is now cancelled.

There will be a one time conversation with her at best. Once you get past that, she is just someone that a.) you already defeated and b.) reskin of 50+ other companions in our army.

Maybe .... maybe if we ever got to the point of being able to fire companions out of the airlock, I'd have one of my many Mercs run around with Shae, Torian and Akavii just for S&Gs

Edited by ekwalizer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.