The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We are losing players because KOTFE Chapters aren't Multiplayer content & KOTET same?

RobCFrame

I have been playing SWTOR for over 3.5 years and I have seen many really good players leave in the past year -- i.e., since 4.0. Players that love working as teams to help each other and overcome challenges. The reason they all give is "no real content change in over a year" -- but during that year there have been a major release and a lot of minor releases. Why do they say "no real content change in over a year"? It is because they don't feel that "more of BioWare's trademark cinematic storytelling" is 'real' content. Why? Because all that has happened is a bunch of 'do it by yourself' content (KOTFE Chapters) that requires no working as teams and overcoming challenges -- aka No new Ops. So when we see the announcements like [EA and BioWare are] "revealing a brand new digital expansion coming this fall, Knights of the Eternal Throne. The all new expansion adds more of BioWare's trademark cinematic storytelling" -- they all roll their eyes saying 'more of the same old nothing' -- and one by one they move to games where group effort is valued and their contributions to the group can add value. So what am I saying: Give us more Ops, and stop the lonely do it alone "cinematic storytelling". After going through it once, it is boring. An on your 28th character doing it is yawns-ville. Give us more "MMO" with your RPG -- not more 'just pretend to be a Jedi alone' role playing.

More like we're losing players because BW removed unique/awesome gear and thought that destroying all the classes' individuality in terms of gear and story would please their fan/subscriber base.

Not getting new multiplayer Flashpoints and Operations (and discouraging new and old players from doing those that already exist) is just a complimentary kick in the n4ds compared to that.

Edited by NekoAggelou

i would say there are plenty of reasons... for starters:

space pve - its fun from time to time but no updates since like 4 years? its pretty much dead.

GSF - new players are really screwed if they are against some pros, not to mention its too complicated and most of people dont even bother to play it after one time failure.

pvp - unbalanced, very often healing stalemate fest, unfun.

pve - new ops/fp content is not released often enough

solo - no more feeling that you are someone important -

like warrior being wrath, knight "killing" emperor - every class is the same, and story very often doesnt even fit several cases.

not to mention toxic community and people making threads like this one :rolleyes::D:D

anyway i like this game very much and i hope it will live on.

And if they where Multi Player then u lose those that like to solo. So what is the Diff? Can not make every one Happy....

Well because they like to say this is a AAA title and if it really is then they should be able to do what FFXIV do and release solo content, pvp content and raid content. To give you an idea in the current patch, just out, FFXIV have added a new raid, new dungeons (flashpoints), a new trial (think colossal monolith idea), new pvp content and oh new quests etc and they do content like this every 3 months and its costs a similar amount to SWTOR. If they can cater to the whole community not just a section of it with releases like this why can't EA and at this point you realise why people are leaving. Far more content is obviously released for WOW as well

And if KOTET does contain no new raids off to play Legion in WOW I will go as another year without new raids just will not cut it for me

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

If they can cater to the whole community not just a section of it with releases like this why can't EA and at this point you realise why people are leaving. Far more content is obviously released for WOW as well

Why Can't EA you ask? they have always been a fly by the seat of their pants company. If they do something right, they stick with it till the money runs dry. And if they do something wrong or half @ $ $, They stick with it til they drive it into the ground and get as much money as they can from it, til it is dead, and they simple move on to their next cash cow or WTH ever they want to do. They just skate on by, to get on by......

Thats what we are stuck with. It is the Price we pay, to Play. Or we Don't play. Simple huh?

Take Care & Be Well......

There are much more reasons than that and they are all coming together now.

The problem is the Game statistics which we cannot see, since Bioware never publishes them. They see what we dont and they said for example that people dont do NiM ops, well at least only like 5% of the game population does them, so there is no profit there, so why invest into it?

Other metrics show, people buy CM stuff, that brings profit, so lets focus on that. Another statistic shows, people are doing leveling and story of the classes, so lets give them Story! Story is single player unfortunately and its easy to do, easy to make instances etc. Raids require a lot of programing and testing, which is simply not worth the effort, they will rather scale up old content which was in game from day 1 than to make something new.

KOTET is bringing more story again and if there wont be new Group content which will be worth to do over and over there is nothing that will save SWTOR, not even CM sales.

They see what we dont and they said for example that people dont do NiM ops, well at least only like 5% of the game population does them, so there is no profit there, so why invest into it?

Other metrics show, people buy CM stuff, that brings profit, so lets focus on that. Another statistic shows, people are doing leveling and story of the classes, so lets give them Story! Story is single player unfortunately and its easy to do, easy to make instances etc. Raids require a lot of programing and testing, which is simply not worth the effort, they will rather scale up old content which was in game from day 1 than to make something new.

KOTET is bringing more story again and if there wont be new Group content which will be worth to do over and over there is nothing that will save SWTOR, not even CM sales.

Well, I'd enjoy doing the Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Ops that already exist if anyone else did them. Here's hoping that someday they get rid of Level Sync.

Edited by NekoAggelou

Well, I'd enjoy doing the Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Ops that already exist if anyone else did them. Here's hoping that someday they get rid of Level Sync.

Yes, its nice that you enjoy them too :)

But that makes 2 of us. There are hundreds of players like us in the game and on this forum, yet that is nothing compared to the 100k-400k players playing the game. They look at what the rest wants, not what we want.

The problem is the Game statistics which we cannot see, since Bioware never publishes them. They see what we dont and they said for example that people dont do NiM ops, well at least only like 5% of the game population does them, so there is no profit there, so why invest into it?

Well yeah the main issue is their statistics, players love story allegedly, which they looked at over the period of when 12x xp was on and peeps were bored so why not get that class you never did to 55. Was nothing to do with loving story but great way to skew your stats.

All I can say is if there stats were correct and players loved story why have so many left since kofte came out? Just look at all the dead servers, even TRE is half empty at times and considering pretty much all of TOFN is now on TRE and loads came over from the progenitor doesn't say much for their statistics.

That does not even take into account the number of raiders that left due to the retarded decision not to have Nim Rav and TOS so you ended up with SM which was too easy for the vast majority of raiders and HM which was just to hard for the majority of people who would expect HM to be a challenge and then all the Nim peeps who it still wasn't quite hard enough for. I think they did a prett awesome job of pissing off the whole raiding community in 3.0 as well.

Anyway If you haven't guessed I think their stats are bull. The old line: There are three degrees or classes of lies; there are lies, damned lies and statistics could never be more apt.

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

Personally I like Star Wars the Old Republic. What I do not like is being in a group and not being able to do any of the chapters or almost anything with the people I am grouped with, it is all solo mode. It is aggravating that soloist are catered to and those who like to play with others are forgotten. If I wanted to play a solo game I would not pay for an MMO one. There should be an option to switch over to do things with others. How hard can that be to program in or are they just to lazy to try?

Personally I like Star Wars the Old Republic. What I do not like is being in a group and not being able to do any of the chapters or almost anything with the people I am grouped with, it is all solo mode. It is aggravating that soloist are catered to and those who like to play with others are forgotten. If I wanted to play a solo game I would not pay for an MMO one. There should be an option to switch over to do things with others. How hard can that be to program in or are they just to lazy to try?

Not surprising. If this game catered to its more mmo aspects, it would definitely die. It' main selling point is solo story.

• 4 months later...
I can't speak for everyone mind you, but my own personal experiences have been with the Cartel Market. I loved opening packs and seeing what I would get in the past, but this "ley's give the customer less and charge more" thing needs to stop. We get 4 items in a pack now, and since they upped the rarity of certain armor and items we get pretty much nothing now. If they would listen to their customers is also another from me, we let them know what we want and are brushed aside, because all that matters to Bioware is turning a quick profit now. :/

I liked SWTOR, it was challenging, and interesting. I was in a nice guild that did OPS regularly, teaching the various ops so you could even do PUGS, 'cause you knew what you were doing. I even had two accounts subscribed so I could have all the classes and crew skills. But then everything started to change. My guild decided (because the game was changing) that unless you could be active and sign up for ops on a weekly basis, you needed to find a new guild. My life isn't that programmed. I can't insure that I can be at a certain place at a certain time each week, so I had to leave and haven't done an ops since. Sad, 'cause it was fun and helped me get geared.

Then more changed...all the stats were taken away from our companions, then the companions were taken away, now the gear is being taken away because it has to be earned in Arenas, starfighter, and warzones...I do not (never have, never will) do any of those. So...no new gear. All the cinematics make for a lot of solo playing....and it seems like most of the time you're just watching them instead of playing. I really don't like the 'chapters', especially when it automatically takes you from one to the other without a break. I mean there are an unlimited number of planets that you could do quests on to expand.

The game has gotten less and less interesting. I dropped one account ( no need for it anymore), and recently I took a long holiday from the game, came back and found more changes, none of them good. So I'm ready to just forget it completely. Sorry...you guys really had a good game, but you've ruined it.

I liked SWTOR, it was challenging, and interesting. I was in a nice guild that did OPS regularly, teaching the various ops so you could even do PUGS, cause you knew what you were doing. I even had two accounts subscribed so I could have all the classes and crew skills. But then everything started to change. My guild decided (because the game was changing) that unless you could be active and sign up for ops on a weekly basis, you needed to find a new guild. My life isn't that programmed. I can't insure that I can be at a certain place at a certain time each week, so I had to leave and haven't done an ops since. Sad, 'cause it was fun and helped me get geared.

Then more changed...all the stats were taken away from our companions, then the companions were taken away, now the gear is being taken away because it has to be earned in Arenas, starfighter, and warzones...I do not (never have, never will) do any of those. So...no new gear. All the cinematics make for a lot of solo playing....and it seems like most of the time you're just watching them instead of playing. The game has gotten less and less interesting. I dropped one account ( no need for it anymore), and recently I've taken a long holiday from the game. Now, I'm ready to just forget it completely. Sorry...you guys really had a good game, but you've ruined it.