Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proof of treason quest is abusing

Ollit_Ratty

Proof of treason H2 quest is abusive by some players. They don't want to kill all mobs by themselves, they just wait when someone spawn the final mob and hit it before quest performer, that should grant them quest item and stuck the quest for performer.

It need to be fixed. I'd personally punish such a dirty players also.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to fix and calling players that claim the objective before you 'dirty' isn't accurate at all and is uncalled for. Get the mission objective first and then finish the fight.

The sooner you learn this the happier you'll be. There are many missions like this out there. It's not worth the stress so just get it first.

There's no need to punish anyone since the objective is out in the open and there for anyone to claim whenever it's available. If you really want to complain then go back four years to Black Hole when the boxes didn't reappear for 15 minutes.

If you want to dive deeper then what if I'm playing a Dark character? Of course I'm going to do whatever I can to get what I want. It's all part of the world we're playing in.

Edited by PetFish

There's nothing to fix and calling players that claim the objective before you 'dirty' isn't accurate at all and is uncalled for. Get the mission objective first and then finish the fight.

The sooner you learn this the happier you'll be.

Excusing garbage players for garbage behavior and blaming the victim is what's uncalled for.

The sooner you learn this the happier you'll be. There are many missions like this out there. It's not worth the stress so just get it first.

There's no need to punish anyone since the objective is out in the open and there for anyone to claim whenever it's available. If you really want to complain then go back four years to Black Hole when the boxes didn't reappear for 15 minutes.

If you want to dive deeper then what if I'm playing a Dark character? Of course I'm going to do whatever I can to get what I want. It's all part of the world we're playing in.

Wow. Just, wow. I'm hoping you're just confused about which mission this one is. But the last enemy (the "target") of Proof of Treason is not "just out in the open." You have to fight two waves of enemies to cause the final boss to spawn, and grabbing that final boss out from under someone is antisocially impolite at the very least.

I had thought that the final encounter of that wave was spawned "pretagged" for the player or group that spawned him, and all that would happen if an interloper claim-jumped was that the mission would be completed that much faster (and more boringly) for the "owner." If another player can claimjump the spawn and walk off with mission completion and leave the person who did the work nothing to do but reset the mission and hope they don't get claim-jumped again?

I'd report anyone doing that for abuse of game mechanics.

Odd that the big probe droid at the end isn't pre-tagged considering so many other triggered bosses are.

I've run through it a few times since it was changed to a H2 (used to be a H4 and could never get a group for it) and never had an issue, I'm on one of the busier eu servers.

I'd say for ease of play just skip it and QT to the other H2s.

Odd that the big probe droid at the end isn't pre-tagged considering so many other triggered bosses are.

I've run through it a few times since it was changed to a H2 (used to be a H4 and could never get a group for it) and never had an issue, I'm on one of the busier eu servers.

I'd say for ease of play just skip it and QT to the other H2s.

It's one of the quickest heroics to do.

OTOH, I'm not entirely sure the boss isn't pre-tagged. I've never seen anyone try and steal it; when I do it and there are other people, we all form an orderly queue and take our turns. Maybe someone will contribute firepower after he turns grey to speed the inevitable. That's about it

It's one of the quickest heroics to do.

OTOH, I'm not entirely sure the boss isn't pre-tagged. I've never seen anyone try and steal it; when I do it and there are other people, we all form an orderly queue and take our turns. Maybe someone will contribute firepower after he turns grey to speed the inevitable. That's about it

Yeah, compared to the other horrendous H2s on Alderaan it's by far the quickest.

My point still stands that if it's a H2 you've had issues with it's far easier to move past it or only go near it at off peak times. There are so many H2s to get done skipping one and going back to it at a later time shouldn't be an issue.

I took Possessed Hunter (that H2 on Drummond Kaas) off my list of H2s to run a long time ago, it's just not time effective.

Yeah, compared to the other horrendous H2s on Alderaan it's by far the quickest.

My point still stands that if it's a H2 you've had issues with it's far easier to move past it or only go near it at off peak times. There are so many H2s to get done skipping one and going back to it at a later time shouldn't be an issue.

I took Possessed Hunter (that H2 on Drummond Kaas) off my list of H2s to run a long time ago, it's just not time effective.

I was calling out the attitude of the second poster, that stealing that kill was somehow appropriate behavior. It's not, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I was calling out the attitude of the second poster, that stealing that kill was somehow appropriate behavior. It's not, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Stealing that kill would be a bit of an anti-social move but hardly the end of the world.

From reading the post and reference to the Black Hole weapon crates (horrific example of mission design) I suspect the poster is unfamiliar with the mission in question (I had to go look it up as I rarely play through Republic H2s, compared to Imp they are a drag) and was just passing on some valuable advice.

If there is a mission objective guarded by mobs set your companion on the mobs and grab the objective. It's a good habit to get into and minimises any misunderstandings.

Stealing that kill would be a bit of an anti-social move but hardly the end of the world.

From reading the post and reference to the Black Hole weapon crates (horrific example of mission design) I suspect the poster is unfamiliar with the mission in question (I had to go look it up as I rarely play through Republic H2s, compared to Imp they are a drag) and was just passing on some valuable advice.

If there is a mission objective guarded by mobs set your companion on the mobs and grab the objective. It's a good habit to get into and minimises any misunderstandings.

The objective in this case is being carried by the final mob, not guarded by him; and the way the mob spawns, it's pretty trivial (if the mob is untagged) for someone to grab it as it spawns, since even a ranged class is pulled away fromt eh spawn point by the second wave's spawn location.

And I'm going to call kill-stealing and ninja'ing objectives corrosive to a social atmosphere. Especially in this case, where it breaks someone else's quest progression

The last boss in that sequence is not pre-tagged, though it should be. I've had the mob stolen from me by a group (yes a group) of players waiting for me to finish. As soon as it spawned they tagged, burned it down and left. It's poor mechanics and poor gamesmanship. In this case I ran into them a bit later and drug a ton of mobs onto them while they were occupied and into their aoe attacks. That's also poor gamesmanship on my part. But it felt fun.

The last boss in that sequence is not pre-tagged, though it should be. I've had the mob stolen from me by a group (yes a group) of players waiting for me to finish. As soon as it spawned they tagged, burned it down and left. It's poor mechanics and poor gamesmanship. In this case I ran into them a bit later and drug a ton of mobs onto them while they were occupied and into their aoe attacks. That's also poor gamesmanship on my part. But it felt fun.

This is the point at which someone cackles and says "Good, good. Let your hate flow through you."

This is the point at which someone cackles and says "Good, good. Let your hate flow through you."

yeah, it was on my goody two shoes Jedi Shadow too. Must've been the tipping point because he's made a lot of "dark side" choices in KOTFE. Mostly because the light side choices made little sense. :p

The objective in this case is being carried by the final mob, not guarded by him; and the way the mob spawns, it's pretty trivial (if the mob is untagged) for someone to grab it as it spawns, since even a ranged class is pulled away fromt eh spawn point by the second wave's spawn location.

And I'm going to call kill-stealing and ninja'ing objectives corrosive to a social atmosphere. Especially in this case, where it breaks someone else's quest progression

Want's to play in an open world environment... can't deal with an open world environment ;)

It's a shame the devs didn't think this through a bit more and put all content behind solo phases :p

Want's to play in an open world environment... can't deal with an open world environment ;)

It's a shame the devs didn't think this through a bit more and put all content behind solo phases :p

Or allow players to multitag and get credit without needing to be grouped.

There's a bunch of heroics that ought to be phased off earlier than they are. Phasing this one off would present some map challenges that others wouldn't. So, no, I don't want this one to be played in an open-world environment.

If they can't block it off in its own phase, they should at least tag the final mob to be owned by the group that spwans him. This one in particular is an abuse of mechanics to "steal" because it doesn't (re)spawn on its own, you have to (re)do the quest to spawn it.

There's a bunch of heroics that ought to be phased off earlier than they are. Phasing this one off would present some map challenges that others wouldn't. So, no, I don't want this one to be played in an open-world environment.

If they can't block it off in its own phase, they should at least tag the final mob to be owned by the group that spwans him. This one in particular is an abuse of mechanics to "steal" because it doesn't (re)spawn on its own, you have to (re)do the quest to spawn it.

I agree, once you trigger an encounter all mobs attached to it should spawn already locked to you.

Is this the only mob sequence that works like this?

I agree, once you trigger an encounter all mobs attached to it should spawn already locked to you.

Is this the only mob sequence that works like this?

No, i think the other one on alderaan that you search for a probe is the same. Sorry, can't remember the name.

[edit]

pub side.

[edit2]

Lol, that's the same quest the OP is about :D

Edited by Tsetso

It's easy enough for me to avoid players who play selfishly. I don't feel the devs need to spend time working to change heroics like this.

Not flaggin gthe mob as "owned" by the triggering group is possibly a bug; because someone else killing it means you have to restart the quest to respawn.

I had no idea that the boss is not pre-tagged. I always assumed it was, because otherwise, as outlined here, it makes no sense. Luckily, there is hardly anyone playing on The Progenitor anymore, therefore I have never witnessed a steal of the boss. I would be very upset if it would happen to me, that much I can tell.

By the way this is probably a bug, because noone can do the quest until the probe is killed. Once i had to wait 10 minutes for a sage to kill it (he was just spamming saber strike) and i could click it a 30 seconds after the probe was dead.

Once the sage hit it and it went grey, why not just burn it down so they will get out of your way?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.