subscription running out

Lord_Areion

my subscription will run out on October 18 of this year. before it does i had some questions that need answering and considering i didn't see answers to these on the faq.......

1. i have several characters with fully expanded inventories, extra cargo bays, and taking advantage of Outfit Designer with various slots. when my subscription runs out will i be able to retain what i have purchased in game or will they revert back to not being able to use said features?

2. subscribers are supposed to get 500 Cartel Coins per month. as far as i know during this one time subscription i have only received one installment of 500. considering today's date matches the subscription end date (18) i was wondering when the next installment would occur?

3. once my subscription runs out i know i will no longer have access to all 8 character slots unless purchased with Cartel Coins. would it be possible to choose which characters go inactive without having to delete them to play with a newly created character?

4. considering i have access to certain expansions, namely Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire, once a newly created character reaches level cap (55) would they still have access to play those expansions?

5. who could i address to recommend removing or raising the level and credit cap? for example, being a preferred player and having put real world money into the game yet not being able to financially subscribe 24/7 365 i feel that credit and level cap should be raised or removed or available as an unlock with Cartel Coins. someone who could make this happen needs to hear this.

6. if a newly created character at level 55 still has access to the expansions, do the expansions stop leveling with the character? for example, at level 65 everything else is level 65. at level 55 would everything else stay level 55 also?

thank you for your time and attention.

my subscription will run out on October 18 of this year. before it does i had some questions that need answering and considering i didn't see answers to these on the faq.......

I'll try and help.

1. i have several characters with fully expanded inventories, extra cargo bays, and taking advantage of Outfit Designer with various slots. when my subscription runs out will i be able to retain what i have purchased in game or will they revert back to not being able to use said features?

When your subscription runs out you will become a "Preferred Player". You will retain access to your expanded inventories, extra cargo bays and Outfit slots on your current characters (NOTE: if you purchased "account-wide" unlocks for the Inventory, Cargo Bay and Outfit slots, new characters you create while preferred will have access to them as well.)

2. subscribers are supposed to get 500 Cartel Coins per month. as far as i know during this one time subscription i have only received one installment of 500. considering today's date matches the subscription end date (18) i was wondering when the next installment would occur?

You normally receive the Cartel Coins grant a few days before your subscription renews. In other words, near the end of the subscribed month.

3. once my subscription runs out i know i will no longer have access to all 8 character slots unless purchased with Cartel Coins. would it be possible to choose which characters go inactive without having to delete them to play with a newly created character?

When you logon after your subscription has lapsed you will see a screen indicating you are now "Preferred". The Character Selection screen will show all your characters as inactive and you will have to choose which ones to activate. You can activate up to 6 characters as Preferred. Any additional characters slots you purchase will allow you to activate an additional *current* character. Only once you have activated all current characters will you be able to create a new character.

4. considering i have access to certain expansions, namely Rise of the Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire, once a newly created character reaches level cap (55) would they still have access to play those expansions?

Yes. Under the current system you retain access to all* content released up until the moment that your subscription ends. ((*)The only content you lose access to is Section X (where you get HK-51).)

5. who could i address to recommend removing or raising the level and credit cap? for example, being a preferred player and having put real world money into the game yet not being able to financially subscribe 24/7 365 i feel that credit and level cap should be raised or removed or available as an unlock with Cartel Coins. someone who could make this happen needs to hear this.

No idea about this. I can say it has been requested endlessly. I doubt it will ever happen though. The F2P/Preferred system is set up to lead you to subscribe (in other words, you aren't meant to stay F2P/Preferred forever :)).

6. if a newly created character at level 55 still has access to the expansions, do the expansions stop leveling with the character? for example, at level 65 everything else is level 65. at level 55 would everything else stay level 55 also?

I'm not really sure about what you are asking here but I will try and answer. Since all content is unlocked and you can reach level 65, content will be made available at the appropriate levels. So when you reach 53 you get to go to Makeb and 58 allows access to Oricon, Revan and KotFE (I believe those are the level ranges).

thank you for your time and attention.

Hope I helped.

So you will retain the ability to reach the level cap that was unlocked for you at time your subscription ended. The credit cap will be in effect - anything over cap goes to escrow.

I don't foresee the cap being removed for credits as it is one of the enticements to stay subscribed considering all that you get to keep if you do drop your subscription and go to preferred status. Otherwise, they may just see their subscribers all drop to preferred if there isn't any real difference and then just subscribe for a month when they want that content access again.

Agree with everything ZeroPlus has put.

Q6. You have already unlocked all of KotFE, So any new character you make can go as far as level 65 and do all 16 chapters of KotFE. on any server. Basically again agreeing with ZeroPlus.

Other things to consider if its important to you OP.

Artefact items, anything you already have equipped will still be usable (it will say authorized by prior subscription or something to that effect) You will not be able to use any new items gotten after sub ends unless you buy the authorization) I believe though that cartel items can be used now even if sub has ended.

Other unlocks to think about are hide head shot, unify colours if you don't already have them. If you do still have CC, hold on to them to see which unlocks you may want after sub ends. There are ways to get extra CC if you don' have enough CC for any unlock you want. If these are not important to you then maybe consider any unlock in collection.

Hope one day you can sub again.

Edited by DreadtechSavant