Bioware, Please Cut Down on "Female Versions" of Outfits

ZanyaCross

I got a drop recently that I thought, with the right dye pack, would look absolutely amazing on my madness sorc. basically looks like Revan's robes but takes the dye packs better. Lo and behold, when I equip it I suddenly have a bare midriff, which goes soooo well (sarc) with the horribly pale, scarred, corrupted image of my sorc.

I'm not against bare midriffs, or even nudity. I don't care in the slightest that some people like them and wear them if they choose to. My complaint is that I'm NOT getting that choice. What makes this even more galling is that I ran into a glitch that shows males could wear female outfits, if Bioware allowed it, so the reverse must be true. Give us the ability to switch that on our own, and let us toggle the damn hoods while you're at it.

I do think it would be nice if they allowed the player a toggle setting or at least offer separate outfits.. one with cutouts and skimps and one without. A toggle to display as male gear would be prefect IMO. This would give the player more choices in terms of appearance.

I doubt it will ever happen though.. so I have taken to either discarding ones that offend me, or making minor adjustments to character appearance so they are much less noticeable.

They already have cut down on it, pretty much only the original sets that were in the game when it shipped had some female versions with missing bits. If there are specific armors that you would like to see re-released without the missing bits, you should make that request in the armor wish list in the Cartel Market Suggestions forum.

I got a drop recently that I thought, with the right dye pack, would look absolutely amazing on my madness sorc. basically looks like Revan's robes but takes the dye packs better. Lo and behold, when I equip it I suddenly have a bare midriff, which goes soooo well (sarc) with the horribly pale, scarred, corrupted image of my sorc.

I'm not against bare midriffs, or even nudity. I don't care in the slightest that some people like them and wear them if they choose to. My complaint is that I'm NOT getting that choice. What makes this even more galling is that I ran into a glitch that shows males could wear female outfits, if Bioware allowed it, so the reverse must be true. Give us the ability to switch that on our own, and let us toggle the damn hoods while you're at it.

The situation you describe is much rarer now. When the game first came out, almost one in five of the outfits had cheesecake cuts when women wore them. This last few expansions have had very few. I didn't see any new cheesecake myself in 4.0.

What was the name of the outfit that dropped for you?

Oh and yeah. The hoods need to happen. It's only been asked for since the game came out.

I do think it would be nice if they allowed the player a toggle setting or at least offer separate outfits.. one with cutouts and skimps and one without. A toggle to display as male gear would be prefect IMO. This would give the player more choices in terms of appearance.

I doubt it will ever happen though.. so I have taken to either discarding ones that offend me, or making minor adjustments to character appearance so they are much less noticeable.

Well, what would it require to code a toggle? We already have hood toggle, would "non-bare midriff" be that much different?

Sometimes my female toons get very chilly...:(

I sympathize, but I'm also kind of chuckling because I had the opposite happen once... was expecting not to like an outfit and then got the midriff.

I can agree it's unintentionally misleading though, for one thing. The icon on such outfits doesn't properly reflect the difference.

I don't have a big problem with this myself, in general, but I'm always in favor of options. Simply going in and making a copy/paste version of these armor sets that affords females the fully clothed version and males the midriff version would be cool, I think. They could even add it as a bronze armor in some new cartel pack, winky winky, profit money good.

I wouldn't jump to get it, but then again I might try. Some of those sets are pretty cool.

/smh complainin about how a pixex looke no wonder america is going tdownbe hilll

Personally, I think illiteracy contributes to the decline a little more. :>

I can understand the OP's issues. It used to drive me nuts too, when there was a jedi and sith version of the same armor too.

Edited by Lunafox

The situation you describe is much rarer now. When the game first came out, almost one in five of the outfits had cheesecake cuts when women wore them. This last few expansions have had very few. I didn't see any new cheesecake myself in 4.0.

What was the name of the outfit that dropped for you?

It's not happening anymore in the cartel market, and pieces that are based on completely new models, and kudos to Bioware for that, but a lot of the current green/blue adaptive gear, which are still prime goodies for the outfit designer, are reskins of old stuff that still have the toggle in place.

Both the Consulate & Chancery are very similar to Revan's.

The one I got is called the "Crystaline Force Lord Robe Mk-3". Same model as those but it's an adaptive non-moddable artifact piece so definitely recent.

I've lost count how many times I've passed on armors that when I previewed them on my toon simply wouldn't work. I vaguely remember one of them showing side and underboob that didn't fit how I'd been presenting that character at all. I do admit to being tired of seeing all the dancer/slave bikini's running around, and it has dropped quite a bit over the years I've been with the game, and I do freely admit if the dancer outfit was unisex, I'd definitely be buying the gloves so all my toons would be able to have some gaudy rings to wear.

I would like a toggle to be able to switch between a more revealing version and a standard version of armor.

The one I got is called the "Crystaline Force Lord Robe Mk-3". Same model as those but it's an adaptive non-moddable artifact piece so definitely recent.

Most (if not all) of those sets are re-skins of old world drops. So they are following the old method of cutting off the beautiful waist & sleeve details for women. :(

I bet your sorcerer looks cuter with the bare midriff. :eek:

Edited by Knockerz

"I don't care in the slightest that some people like them"

Really because this is not the first time you have brought this up, doubt it be the last. Don't care for an outfit use something else. I don't like BW altering an outfit either, even more so if it is an outfit I have crafted. Just don't lie about your motive because as said not your first time.

I've lost count how many times I've passed on armors that when I previewed them on my toon simply wouldn't work. I vaguely remember one of them showing side and underboob that didn't fit how I'd been presenting that character at all. I do admit to being tired of seeing all the dancer/slave bikini's running around, and it has dropped quite a bit over the years I've been with the game, and I do freely admit if the dancer outfit was unisex, I'd definitely be buying the gloves so all my toons would be able to have some gaudy rings to wear.

I would like a toggle to be able to switch between a more revealing version and a standard version of armor.

THIS!

I've made a body 4 male smugler that looks like a czerka ceo that is all about money and profits, and honestly the slave gloves with the extremely gaudy rings would totally finish off the look of "I have more money than god" I was going for.

Really because this is not the first time you have brought this up, doubt it be the last. Don't care for an outfit use something else. I don't like BW altering an outfit either, even more so if it is an outfit I have crafted. Just don't lie about your motive because as said not your first time.

Wrong. I've never had anything against how people dress their own characters, so I'm not the one who's lying here. But hey, thanks for the thread bump at least. :)

THIS!

I've made a body 4 male smugler that looks like a czerka ceo that is all about money and profits, and honestly the slave gloves with the extremely gaudy rings would totally finish off the look of "I have more money than god" I was going for.

There are gloves that come with gaudy rings? OMG which ones? :eek: <3

The gloves for the dancer outfits from the Security Key vendor as well as the Nar Shaddaa Social Vendor have rings on them. Some of the color panels are affected by the dye modules so they can look pretty good with an outfit combination or putting a dye module in them (I think they accept dye modules) if you want.

Edit: Though it's female-only, alas.

Edited by Sinapus

She isn't asking for any of those pieces to be removed or altered, only that we be given a way to enjoy the gender specific armor on everyone, either by a toggle or alternate versions. It is a desire that has been expressed by many people over the years. More variety and choice is a good thing. You shouldn't feel threatened by that.

{So, you want to dress your hot-Goth-chick Sorceress like a dude? :confused:}

Choices are good. Options are good. Not sure we need a "Midriff Toggle" ... I would think we could get by with alternative versions of outfits: one to cover the shame of missing our last several "core" workouts, and one to display our 5 Minute Abs.

{EDIT: I also feel compelled to point out that this thread's title is misleading. The title implies that Zanya wants EA/BW to "cut down" on the female garb, when, in reality, Zanya believes that the girl-clothes have been "cut down" too much, leaving exposed midriffs and other inherently wicked things.}

Edited by Thoronmir