Twilek Appearance options

YlliyaXor

I don't know why twileks are restricted to only tthree faces but if possible it would be great to have more face options.

Purple and "Empire Red" skin colour option would also be great, the shades of red for twileks are completely different than those for Zabrak or Purebloods

I would love to see more Twi'lek options too! For skin colors, how about another shade of red (something warmer toned and a touch lighter) a lighter purple, and a darker purple. Heck, just swipe the two purple skin colors that Togruta get. :p

More faces would be awesome too, Twi'lek have so few options in that department. If that is too hard though, honestly, new complexions would be pretty great too. More basic ones though, none of this mud-spattered, goggles-tan-line, purple-vein business. It is like some cruel trick, putting the nice, versatile looking eyebrows on a complexion that is shaded purple or covered in splatters. >.<

Edited by Gwena

I don't know why twileks are restricted to only tthree faces but if possible it would be great to have more face options.

Purple and "Empire Red" skin colour option would also be great, the shades of red for twileks are completely different than those for Zabrak or Purebloods

:o I just made a twilek. Pretty sure there were 12 faces. You sure it isn't that you're working with the temp species unlock you get if you choose certain classes? I think when you either legacy unlock or account unlock those species, the options open up a little more.

I'd still like more for twileks though, I agree with that. An honest-to-god red would be nice. I just tried the reddest I could find and with the wrong lightning, it shows up as more of a pink-red.

Honestly, I've read a lot about the Twi'lek in SWTOR recently. I've noticed that Twi'lek aren't allowed ot wear hoods similar to how the Togruta can't. However, I've read that it was because of clipping issues very early in the game's development when they first released Twi'lek as a playable species. I'd honestly like to see that change. If they got rid of the hoods on Twi'lek simply because of clipping, (I've also read that wearing hoods simply removed the Lekku because of clipping. Either way, it's an issue.) then why not just add another model? Yes, I understand that it's much easier said than done, but it wouldn't take much modeling. They've had certain helmets and such remove the Lekku entirely, which is a model change in itself. So, why not do the same for hoods?

There's many people in the SWTOR community (both RolePlayers and otherwise) that would love to wear hoods as it allows more customization for their characters. Most races are able to get that "Sith" or "Jedi" or incognito look they want because they're able to wear hoods, yet Twi'lek can't.

A fix could be to let Twi'lek wear hoods, but simply re-model the Lekku so they're draped over the chest, similar to the Togruta Lekku. Or, you could model them to be wrapped around the neck as you could back on Star Wars Galaxies.

:o I just made a twilek. Pretty sure there were 12 faces.

There are three face models per gender and and four different skins for each, but the differences are barely noticeable, so it might as well just be three faces. It's one of the reasons it took me four years to roll a Twilek.

FYI, there is an "imperial red" color now, but it seems to be something you have to unlock in the appearance designer, because I never found it in the cartel market.

• 2 years later...