Why do Sith and Jedi use swords instead of guns?

cool-dude

1- It's really easy to predict what simple mind peoples are thinking. Really ? Rocket Launcher, Explosive ? Hey I have a better idea, a tank will be more effective, an army of Jedi should drive tanks. What a simple mind. Carrying a rocket launcher ? Great idea there, Rocket Launcher need rockets, i think they should carry rocket with them too, and explosives, and gun, and ammo. You know what I think they should bring the legendary "Inventory" from games so they can stuff a tank in it too. Lightsaber can destroy tank when the user get close my dear. They just need to stab into the engine. Blastdoor idea is to prevent explosive, to carry enough explosive to destroy a blastdoor, well we have rocket launcher right ? Those shield ? That is what tuning to the force for. Jedi can enhance their lightsaber through the force.

2- Ya, just hiding right ? Really, you should stop this trend of simple thought, it is bad. First, the jedi were killed because of betrayal, with guns or not if you are stabbed behind your back by your men, you will die. Second, apparently Jedi with sword can't run away and have to stay and fought head on, only those with guns know how to hide behind cover. Lols, my dear, Jedi have force, they can hide and smash everyone with a simple force blast, it is more effective that your stupid guns. And you still can't disprove that Lightsaber can give a better protection than gun.

3- Lolz, blaster don't use bullets, mwhahaha. Check again in all starwar wiki, blaster need bullets- not the same as our guns but still.. -

Want to know why Force user should not carry a gun with them ? because it is useless and may restrict their movement. their style of fighting require a lot of movement that wearing a side arm and ammo would more likely weight them down than helping. Let's look at Ezra case, constantly switch between sword and gun, that 1 sec of switching is more than enough to be killed, in fact he's gotten his *** kicked a lot.

"Simple mind"? That's rich, coming from someone who can barely type a coherent paragraph, but nice ad hominem nonetheless. I know it will be a waste of time trying to make someone as thick headed as you understand, but why not waste some time?

1. That's why soldiers break up into teams with different specializations. Each one carries gear that is mission specific. Oh but that's only some thing all the advanced militaries in the world for the past... hundred or so years have done. But what do they know? Clearly you know more. The rest of your point is just barely coherent rambling. Jedi cannot "enhance" their lightsabers with the force. There's no material that has ever stated that, in both canon or Legends. None that shows Jedi destroying tanks with their lightsabers either. But you can keep imagining things in that delusional head of yours all you'd like. What you may not do is call me "dear". It's creepy. I'm not your friend, I'm certainly not your "dear" either.

2. Pretty sure Ki Adi Mundi was shot in the front, not the back. And let me reiterate, if for some reason it wasn't clear the first time. This is a High Council member we're talking about. The best of the best. Killed by a handful of clones with, oh look at that, blasters! And you can't say without a doubt that every single Jedi was shot in the back. Bottom line is, there's proof that when facing stacked numbers, lightsabers are not a good defensive tool. Tangible cover is. I guess if that's "simple" thinking, every single soldier in the world with tactical military training is "simple" then by your standard? Or perhaps you're the simple one? Who knows.

3. There's no canon source that states blasters use bullets or even any ammo. As far as the canon we have, blasters use infinite amount of projectiles. Legends states they use gas cartridges that could last for hundreds of rounds before needing to be switched out, so ammo count won't likely be an issue.

Your last point was already refuted by Dutchman. Limiting yourself to a single piece of gear is gimping yourself beyond any sensible thought. In Legends, there are cortosis blades that turn off a lightsaber when hitting the blade. There goes nearly your entire arsenal if you're a Jedi.

You have no sensible counters, which is why you retorted with ad hominem. Your replies makes me believe you might be a bit young, too delusional with a fantastical world to be able to think about how sensible or practical a weapon usage could actually be. I won't waste my time, just hit you with an ignore so I don't have too read it, clogging up the thread. I'd rather discuss with those that are, at least, somewhat sensible. I don't think you quite fit in there.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Simple thought"? Nice ad hominem. I know it will be a waste of time trying to debate with someone as thick headed as you, but why not waste some time anyway?

1. That's why soldiers break up into teams with different specializations. Each one carries gear that is mission specific. It's only some thing all the advanced militaries in the world for the past... hundred or so years have done. The rest of your point is just barely coherent rambling. Jedi cannot "enhance" their lightsabers with the force. There's no material that has ever stated that, in both canon or Legends. None that shows Jedi destroying tanks with their lightsabers either. But you can keep imagining things in that delusional head of yours all you'd like. What you may not do is call me "dear". It's creepy.

2. Pretty sure Ki Adi Mundi was shot in the front, not the back. And you can't say without a doubt that every single Jedi was shot in the back. Bottom line is, there's proof that when facing stacked numbers, lightsabers are not a good defensive tool. Tangible cover is, you mongoloid. I guess if that's "simple" thinking, every single soldier in the world with tactical military training is "simple" then by your standard? Or perhaps you're the simple one? Who knows.

3. There's no canon source that states blasters use bullets or even any ammo. As far as the canon we have, blasters use infinite amount of projectiles. Legends states they use gas cartridges that could last for hundreds of rounds before needing to be switched out, so ammo count won't likely be an issue.

Your last point was already refuted by Dutchman. You have no sensible counters, which is why you retorted with ad hominem. Your replies makes me believe you might be a child,, delusional with a fantastical world to think about how sensible or practical a weapon usage could actually be. I won't waste my time, just hit you with an ignore so I don't have too lose anymore brain cells reading your replies.

1/ So Force user are soldiers now ? working in groups..... lolz. . You don't have any idea what a lightsaber is do you ? The lightsaber was made by one of the most important component of Force User, a Force crystal which allow Force user to tune into it my dear. It is not just color crystal like in game.

2/ Nothing is better than a cornered opponent's nitpicking. Let me spell it out just in case : "stabbing in the back means betrayed". The whole Jedi order was betrayed, they were shot by those they trusted, those they had saved and saved them back. And again, you can't make any comment about how Jedi with sword can still hide and use the force instead of your "special guns". lolz

3/ Lolz, if you have no idea what are you talking about, shut up. I'm not even bother to explain. Blaster in order to kill need ammo. That is final, feel free to argue on that point so every can see you for what you are.

Oh good, the " I have the last words argument" alway love those.:D

Uh, what? Are we talking about the same Ezra here?

1. Never takes him anywhere near a second

2. Did you miss the dual wield part?

3. Yep, all them stormtroopers, you know, the dead ones, kicked his *** plenty...

Hell even when Ezra was using a slingshot, he never really had any problem avoiding blaster bolts.

You seem to have a very Jedi like attitude towards an argument, one or the other, never both, never something in between. Convenient for philosophical discussion, useless in the real world.

Arguing whether one or the other is inferior/superior is pointless. They are totally different weapons for totally different purposes.

1/ Do you really time it ? ok, Force user can enhance their speed, lightsaber can't increase the activation speed. Switching between the 2 weapons may give you an advantage at first but only for the 1st time, after that they will just dash close with their enhance speed because it will take time for the blade to come out.

2/ Yes, the almighty duel wield. Ever try it ? duel wield your gun ? It is ill advice in ANY school, you can't stable them, you can't aim correctly. And Force User can sense danger, but it is not spider sense nor Foresight - at least not strong enough, Yoda is the only that is strong enough to do that -. With duel wielding, they have to pay attention both the upcoming shots, and where to pull the trigger. They have the force but that is not magic.

3/ Ya,.... the Inquisitors kicked his *** constantly, and they are not even a Darth. Storm troopers ? Those guy that got killed by Ewoke ? Great resume there Ezra.

Here, if you want to talk about real world ? No force, No light saber, guns are the way to go. And even so NO ONE duel wield guns. Star wars world, lightsaber + force is better than any blasters. And yes, Lightsabers were designed for Force User, they even developed a full style to combat against blasters opponents. I think you guys are the one should stop fantasizing about anime and manga.

Hello, wall.

What do you think?

Seriously, no-one ever listens to me in these threads, and half the time they just keep arguing around me.

Now, some points.

Blasters do need ammo.

In Episode IV when the Stormtroopers are going to apprehend the heroes in the docking bay in Mos Eisley, the commander clearly says "Alright, men. Load your weapons"

This is expanded on in the books, comics, most games, and the tabletop RPGs - blasters use power packs that can produce a certain number of shots before they need to be replaced.

Destroying a tank with just a lightsabre - Clone Wars cartoon, at least once. I remember Yoda cutting one tank in half then going under the next one to cut inside and wreck the droid crew. That's not going to be the only example.

May not happen in the movies, but it has happened in other Star Wars material.

Hello, wall.

What do you think?

Seriously, no-one ever listens to me in these threads, and half the time they just keep arguing around me.

Now, some points.

Blasters do need ammo.

In Episode IV when the Stormtroopers are going to apprehend the heroes in the docking bay in Mos Eisley, the commander clearly says "Alright, men. Load your weapons"

This is expanded on in the books, comics, most games, and the tabletop RPGs - blasters use power packs that can produce a certain number of shots before they need to be replaced.

Destroying a tank with just a lightsabre - Clone Wars cartoon, at least once. I remember Yoda cutting one tank in half then going under the next one to cut inside and wreck the droid crew. That's not going to be the only example.

May not happen in the movies, but it has happened in other Star Wars material.

Ironically enough, when that stormtrooper says it, the others do nothing. Doesn't invalidate the quote, just somewhat comedic. I did say that blasters in the EU do use charge packs, but as for canon material, nothing is specific. There's not even anything on the wiki page.

In regards to the tank, he didn't cut it in half. He cut it at the bottom which made it blow up. The cartoon is canon, but using that as source is a bit dodgy. Cartoons are usually inconsistent fluff material made to wow, and the 'other' Star Wars material is likely not canon. But that is a fair point. Only thing is I'm not sure the average Jedi can do the same as the greatest Jedi in the order. Yoda is small and fast which lent to his advantage.

Well, Ezra gives us another example of Jedi using blasters effectively.

Without going into season 3 spoilers, Ezra is comfortable, and highly competent, with his blaster and when he does switch on his lightsaber against a large group of stormtroopers, he still uses the blaster is his other hand to great effect.

Simply put, when he's in close (when a real life sword would have an advantage over a gun) or needs to deflect blaster bolts, he uses the lightsaber. Otherwise, he uses his blaster and the occasional bit of TK, which are far more effective at range.

The lightsaber is clearly an effective weapon in the hands of a Jedi, but it is not good at everything. This is why I think the old republic Jedi's attitude towards blasters is just arrogance, not based in actual intelligent strategy.

OTOH, see Luke Skywalker on Bespin (ESB). As he explores the city he has his blaster out, but as he enters the carbon freezing facility, he looks around and then at his blaster and puts it away...why? because he knows it is useless. He knew that even if he emptied the power cell into Darth Vader it would do no good.

And later in RotJ, he simply no longer carries a blaster...he's moved beyond it.

Ezra uses a blaster well because for the first years of his life that's all he knew. Combining a lightsaber with an ion pistol felt right to Ezra...

But notice in Season 3 they are now two separate weapons

OTOH Canan used a blaster for a long time to HIDE the fact that he was a Jedi

Chances are as time goes on Ezra will use his blaster less and less

We saw Anakin pull off the finger sniping you'd expect to see Jedi use against Dooku. The wrist technique to disarm was a classic example of fighting without a guard.

The other reason a light saber is so effective is the force gives a user a fighting technique that allows them when trained to effectively fight blind. A gun doesn't allow you to use the anticipatory nature of the force to parry. It also explains some of the difficulty and length of saber fights among force users. Trained sufficiently these users are anticipating the attacks instinctively and are not really fighting but channeling the force to guide their hands, feet, movements.

We learn age aka a persons speed and skill are not really factors. The force is really moving the fighter so Yoda's age and fragility are not why he's so good. He's more attuned. He lost to a more attuned dark sider.

Its why a lightsaber duel is preferred among force users. Its awareness and skill mixed with martial arts. Speed of processing this information and the forces guidance. Though I agree that weapons outside of swords offer similar displays of skill its nearly impossible to deflect a bullet. The physics of humans reaction timing don't allow such an action. It is super natural to do so and redirect that back. Let alone tackle a barrage of incoming fire.

Why do Sith use lightsabers? A sith fears nothing. A jedi fears nothing. Opposite reasons, but both harness a super natural power. They use the weapon for fear. A jedi for inspiration. Leading a charge with a sword. Holding back an enemy with it. They change the nature of a battlefield. Its sort of like fighting with a god.

OTOH, see Luke Skywalker on Bespin (ESB). As he explores the city he has his blaster out, but as he enters the carbon freezing facility, he looks around and then at his blaster and puts it away...why? because he knows it is useless. He knew that even if he emptied the power cell into Darth Vader it would do no good.

I wouldn't say he knew it would be useless. I don't think he knew much of anything, rushing headlong into Vader like that. I'd attribute it more to honoring an ancient tradition. Doing what just felt right, meeting Vader with a blade instead of a blaster. But this is more speculation.

We saw Anakin pull off the finger sniping you'd expect to see Jedi use against Dooku. The wrist technique to disarm was a classic example of fighting without a guard.

The other reason a light saber is so effective is the force gives a user a fighting technique that allows them when trained to effectively fight blind. A gun doesn't allow you to use the anticipatory nature of the force to parry. It also explains some of the difficulty and length of saber fights among force users. Trained sufficiently these users are anticipating the attacks instinctively and are not really fighting but channeling the force to guide their hands, feet, movements.

We learn age aka a persons speed and skill are not really factors. The force is really moving the fighter so Yoda's age and fragility are not why he's so good. He's more attuned. He lost to a more attuned dark sider.

Its why a lightsaber duel is preferred among force users. Its awareness and skill mixed with martial arts. Speed of processing this information and the forces guidance. Though I agree that weapons outside of swords offer similar displays of skill its nearly impossible to deflect a bullet. The physics of humans reaction timing don't allow such an action. It is super natural to do so and redirect that back. Let alone tackle a barrage of incoming fire.

Why do Sith use lightsabers? A sith fears nothing. A jedi fears nothing. Opposite reasons, but both harness a super natural power. They use the weapon for fear. A jedi for inspiration. Leading a charge with a sword. Holding back an enemy with it. They change the nature of a battlefield. Its sort of like fighting with a god.

To your first part; that's why I enjoy Kylo's lightsaber so much. It has practical use. Although apparently it's not actually serving as a crossguard, seems to do much the same.

What you said would be reason to believe saber vs saber would be more effective, which I can understand, but doesn't really touch on saber vs blaster in regards to a force user fighting a variety of blaster wielding troops. But some of the greatest force users of all time used them effectively, with or without a lightsaber at their side. Luke, Kyle Katarn, Revan etc. I'd even go as far as to say that lightsabers are not a battlefield weapon, which would be in line with Jedi philosophy, but more of an honor-bound, tradition following duel. With a lightsaber, you typically have too tackle enemies one at a time. With a blaster, especially if it's heavy, you can find an advantageous position, maximum cover minimum exposure with a good line of sight, and hose down the enemy.

In regards to the tank, he didn't cut it in half. He cut it at the bottom which made it blow up. The cartoon is canon, but using that as source is a bit dodgy. Cartoons are usually inconsistent fluff material made to wow, and the 'other' Star Wars material is likely not canon. But that is a fair point. Only thing is I'm not sure the average Jedi can do the same as the greatest Jedi in the order. Yoda is small and fast which lent to his advantage.

I'll have to watch that episode again, but you're probably right.

I'm sure there are other Clone Wars examples though of Jedi taking out tanks (and/or huge tank-like droids) with just their lightsabres though... most likely Anakin and Obi-Wan ;)

As we know, those two are pretty high up the proverbial food chain though.

As I said earlier, there is a character in the old EU who could use the Force to anticipate incoming blaster fire so well that she could intercept it with shots from her own twin blasters. She can't redirect a blaster bolt with another one but she can block it.

Edited by JediAkemi

As I said earlier, there is a character in the old EU who could use the Force to anticipate incoming blaster fire so well that she could intercept it with shots from her own twin blasters. She can't redirect a blaster bolt with another one but she can block it.

Who is that amazing force user?

I'll have to watch that episode again, but you're probably right.

I'm sure there are other Clone Wars examples though of Jedi taking out tanks (and/or huge tank-like droids) with just their lightsabres though... most likely Anakin and Obi-Wan ;)

As we know, those two are pretty high up the proverbial food chain though.

Indeed, not impossible and perhaps I was too overzealous in my previous statement of it never happening against the fool I was talking to.

There's a Jedi taking out a tank (well, an AT-AT walker but that's a tank, right?) in the movie Empire Strikes Back. Luke Skywalker. Not that it's the lightsaber doing it but it made the move possible. Magnetic grapple to get up under the belly of the walker, lightsaber smashes open a panel/hatch and then Luke throws in a couple grenades of some sort. Boom, dead tank. Maybe he could have done it with just the lightsaber, charging in and cutting the engine in half, but then he'd be right in the middle of the explosion.

I wouldn't say he knew it would be useless. I don't think he knew much of anything, rushing headlong into Vader like that. I'd attribute it more to honoring an ancient tradition. Doing what just felt right, meeting Vader with a blade instead of a blaster. But this is more speculation.

Go watch ESB again and really look at the expression on his face. To me, he's thinking, "well this will not be of use to me anymore," not "well I'm facing another Force user, better break out my lightsaber."

Uh... ok, now I need to find the books she's in.

Laranth Tarak. She's a Twi'lek Grey Paladin (an offshoot of the Jedi Order that use other weapons instead of lightsabres)

It's not that they choose to use other weapons, they choose to not limit themselves to only lightsabers.

And I think I have the answer to the original question. Based on a wookiepedia entry, The Jedi believe the lighsaber to be a defensive weapon and any other weapon is offensive in nature and is therefore shunned by the Jedi. Yes a lightsaber can be and is often used to attack, but if you really pay attention to the events of the Clone Wars, most of the time a Jedi leading clones into battle leads the way and uses the lightsaber to deflect blaster bolts; they use their weapon as a shield more than as a sword.

As for the Sith, this is only speculation but chances are they use lightsabers to better channel their emotions. Their power stems at least in part from fear and what is more fear inducing: shooting someone at a distance or getting up in their face? I am reminded of a late episode of ST: DS9 where Dax is investigating a series of shootings on the station and when she held the weapon she specifically said she felt detached, cold, and emotionless.

Edited by psandak

Go watch ESB again and really look at the expression on his face. To me, he's thinking, "well this will not be of use to me anymore," not "well I'm facing another Force user, better break out my lightsaber.".

I don't think there's any evidence to support this. At this point, he knows virtually nothing about Vader except some of the back story that Obi Wan told him. He doesn't know his strengths, his weaknesses, what he can do with the Force. He's never seen him, for all he knows, he might not even use a lightsaber. Rewatching the scene, Luke doesn't even put his blaster away until he sees Vader ignite his and only after goading him and taunting him about not being a Jedi yet. Considering Luke is on the path to becoming a Jedi, a tradition, class, and belief system that's all but considered outdated and a relic, it's not a stretch to say that he put away his blaster to honor this age old tradition. And regardless, you're going to tell me that at this point he thinks he'll be more advantageous using a weapon he has barely any training with vs using a weapon that he's been using for years? That he's comfortable with? That sounds far fetched to me.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

And I think I have the answer to the original question. Based on a wookiepedia entry, The Jedi believe the lighsaber to be a defensive weapon and any other weapon is offensive in nature and is therefore shunned by the Jedi. Yes a lightsaber can be and is often used to attack, but if you really pay attention to the events of the Clone Wars, most of the time a Jedi leading clones into battle leads the way and uses the lightsaber to deflect blaster bolts; they use their weapon as a shield more than as a sword.

As Mace Windu says in 'Shatterpoint' - "The Akk Guards are twisted reflections of the Jedi. We use our swords as shields; they use their shields as swords"

First off - killing someone is neither more honorable with a light-saber than it is with a gun.

It´s close and personal, but only psychopaths want to see the life fade away from their victims close up. Melee gives you a more personal kill, but it´s also easier to show mercy to a yielding enemy than it would be from a sniper scope.

But close-combat is, as has been said, gory, sweaty, dirty - not this elegant fighting we see normally in movies, not only Star Wars specific.

That justifies why both Sith and Jedi use them.

Aside from the obvious it´s cool and tradition stuff, there is no real reason why a force-wielder couldn´t perform the same feats with a gun as with a light saber.

It´s quite an effective weapon and sometimes pictured as a force focus (Mace Windu surely didn´t block Palps lightning with a plasma cutter alone).

It also has no definitive disadvantage against a blaster since any force user seems to be able to brick the distances quite fast.

So why use them? Bringing a knife to a gunfight alone commands respect or fear. And you have to give it that, it´s quite elegant.

There is no reason a force-user could/shouln´t wield both - one hand light saber, the other blaster, now that´d be cool.

Blasters could be modified with cortosis plating or even vibroblade technology to withstand saber strikes and used in parrying, but a blaster wielding force user is nothing that´s out of the question.

It´s tradition, they are taught practically from birth that all other weapons are inferior and "uncivilized" (there is no civilized kill).

You could go as far that´s pretty brainwashing. On both sides.

Edited by Ndrag

First off - killing someone is neither more honorable with a light-saber than it is with a gun.

It´s close and personal, but only psychopaths want to see the life fade away from their victims close up. Melee gives you a more personal kill, but it´s also easier to show mercy to a yielding enemy than it would be from a sniper scope.

But close-combat is, as has been said, gory, sweaty, dirty - not this elegant fighting we see normally in movies, not only Star Wars specific.

That justifies why both Sith and Jedi use them.

I can't remember the exact quote but there's something in the RPG books (and other places) that says by putting themselves within arm's reach of those they must kill, Jedi are forcing themselves to truly experience the taking of a life in a way that they can't ignore. They have to feel it, even though they don't want to, because the moment they stop caring about the lives they end, that is when they are on the path to the Dark Side.

The Jedi are supposed to kill only as a last resort, and only in defence of themselves and others.

Jedi are taught to use lightsabers as a child and therefore they are more at ease in using them. They most likely have not had to use a gun during that training and even though a gun can be effective, a gun in a hand that is not use it wielding it would not be effective.

Some people have not handled a gun and therefore putting it in a hand of a person not used to using a gun is asking for trouble.

Example: I was raised around guns, my dad used them when he went hunting or to chase off birds eating his crops but I never touch one and still don't . I respect what a gun can do but I would never use one so putting a gun in my hand would cause more trouble for me than its worth.

Now I took archery classes at school and bows and arrows I was able to use effectively and though it may not be the best for some of you I can use my bow and arrow quite effectively and would more than likely be able to use it better than a gun.

A jedi/sith are the same they can handle a lightsaber quite efficiently where most of them could not handle a gun as well and that is probably the best reason they don't use it. Why use a weapon when you are not efficient at it.

I always think of it like this.

For a normal person, a gun will always out perform a melee weapon, and in almost all circumstances it would be preferable to have a ranged weapon.

I don't see why adding magic powers would change that dynamic. If your opponent has the same powers you have then the ranged weapon is still stronger than the melee weapon. If they super speed to get into melee, you can just super speed away to keep yourself at range. Effectively removing their weapon from the equation.

The only real difference in the Star Wars universe is that melee weapons can turn ranged weapons against their wielders. This is just a rule of stupid to me. There is simply no reason to use blasters against force users, especially when as far as we have seen they are no more useful than normal gunpowder bullets. With over half a dozen different lightsaber resistant materials, at least one that turns off a light saber completely, it is baffling to me why the lightsaber is even an issue. True blasters have the bonus of being able to carry more ammunition and better accuracy but it seems silly that no soldiers ever seem to carry anything but blasters especially when they know they will be fighting force users.

In the hands of soldiers, having a few per squad equipped with slugthrowers to deal with force users would be very effective. But in the hands of a force user themselves it would be devastating to someone coming at them with a sword, laser sword or not. This becomes even more effective when you consider bullets could be made of lightsaber resistant materials, or alloys with small parts of those materials.

With all that said, I'm bringing real world thinking into this. Truly they use lightsabers because we want them to use lightsabers. Myself included, it's more satisfying to watch a sword fight, or a single person with a sword fighting dozens of guys with guns.

yeah, that's what i'm saying. if you have two guys, both are force users and use force powers, the one with the gun is going to come out on top always. Of course, when you have a force user v a non force user with a gun, the force user is going to win.

yeah, that's what i'm saying. if you have two guys, both are force users and use force powers, the one with the gun is going to come out on top always. Of course, when you have a force user v a non force user with a gun, the force user is going to win.

Depending on how skilled the non force user is in hand2hand combat and their gear, they could come out on top. Cortosis blades can turn off lightsabers, for one. In Legends, Boba Fett actually gets into an intense close quarters fight with Vader, nearly killing him but deciding not to because he knew that the Empire would hunt him down. It just varies on the user. Boba Fett is one of the greatest Bounty Hunters after all.

Edited by Sage_of_Battle

Can't imagine it. It is like saying duel wield will win againt single blade.

Depending on how skilled the non force user is in hand2hand combat and their gear, they could come out on top. Cortosis blades can turn off lightsabers, for one. In Legends, Boba Fett actually gets into an intense close quarters fight with Vader, nearly killing him but deciding not to because he knew that the Empire would hunt him down. It just varies on the user. Boba Fett is one of the greatest Bounty Hunters after all.

That was probably a Karen whatshername book wasn't it?

Can't imagine it. It is like saying duel wield will win againt single blade.

Dual wielding as it looks in (most) movies and games is ofc silly, but there were styles where you'd use a sword and dagger for example. You don't get extra attacks as in RPGs but you do get extra options. You can bind or deflect the opponent's weapon with one of yours and still have another one to stab him with. Which does take training and skill to make proper use of so you're no't automatically better off just because you can bring two weapons.