Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Alliance Alert: Bonds of Duty (Spoilers)

Nothing_Shines

So, am I missing something here or is this a reverse Sophie's choice? I want them both dead.

Dulfy said I could recruit both, kill one and recruit the other, OR kill Skadge and then betray Rusk, getting rid of both of them (the awesome option).

Except I've explored every single option on the dialogue tree for an hour and none of them lead to me killing both Skadge AND Rusk. I'm forced to take one or the other, or Palpy help me, BOTH! Why? Why am I punished by being saddled with one, if I put the other out of my misery? Very cruel, BW. Heartless even. It's like asking which ship's droid I want to marry, while the other one officiates.

Also, no airlock.

And screen goes to black when I go Hannibal on Skadge. Not very satisfying.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I've wondered if you can kill both, too. I didn't select to kill Rusk because I was afraid I couldn't kill Skadge after the fact. But now, I really wish I'd killed Rusk because of the bull crap errands he made me run with the black sun. :mad:

Rusk is atleast interesting if you ever got to know him and used him in your JK story. There is no redeeming quality of Skadge what-so-ever.

He's a meatshield. Or was. ... ... ... Oh! I'd like to see him work with Vik and Pierce on a quest to annoy the ever loving **** out of Quinn. ... Oh, and there was that one guy he kills in his conversation storyline for BH basegame. If he had said "You! Let me on your ship,, I need to go kill [that guy]!" My Bounty Hunters (mostly) who had [That Guy] also, would have gladly given Skadge a better gun to do so with.

I don't spoil myself with Dulfy's upfront, so I didn't know it was actually possible to recruit both. I wanted to do it on my main, but failed. At the end, he got imprisoned. And I won't miss him.

Funnily enough, at the end of the mission I got 65 points for him, even though he is not in my alliance.

I don't spoil myself with Dulfy's upfront, so I didn't know it was actually possible to recruit both. I wanted to do it on my main, but failed. At the end, he got imprisoned. And I won't miss him.

Funnily enough, at the end of the mission I got 65 points for him, even though he is not in my alliance.

that's the hidden achievement, to not recruit him. I think the Dashade has the same one. you get the points for refusing to recruit them.

I was kinda wondering the same. Even as a DS smuggler, I didn't really want to keep that eternal lowlife Skadge, but I didn't want to be saddled with goody two shoes soldier boy either, so I chose the DS betray Rusk. I did see a conversation path to betray him without DS points, so now I'm wondering if that one would open up an opportunity to kill Skadge as well.

Hmm.

Edited by Rolodome

Well, let me know the combination of choices if you figure it out. I thought I'd tried everything and no dice.

FYI if you want to run the different options on one toon until you get the outcome you want, just leave the instance and reset the mission from your log tab before talking to the alliance admiral to finish up. You will retain your 10000 influence with Rusk after the first attempt, so you'll only have to run back up the ramp to restart the convo again. When he tells you to gather crap and the convo ends, talk to him again and you'll start the run against Skadge. The popups that alert you to losing a companion forever with your decision are only true if you complete the mission on Odessen. Restarting the mission will reset the death/imprison flags until then.

Also, switch to PVP instance if there are too many people farming the mobs. Odds are it will be empty of other players or nearly so.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.