Patch Notes 4.7.1.

cashtwomuchos

Grand Moffster Kilran? The one who is the final boss of a [sOLO] flashpoint that you don't have to group for and whose Flashpoint Courier is flagged as a Story Mission?

Yeah, thanks for proving my point. :D

I believe she is talking about the Shroud, who's lengthy solo quest line ends in H-4s that many of us couldn't even get a group for when it was new.

Exactly.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighting boss and he constantly, magically re-heals so you can't beat them

You're not doing something right then.

There's only one boss in this game that is difficult because of self healing: champion in H4 in SecX. It's mainly a problem when you're doing it solo. Biggest part of healing is caused by your own companion / your own healing so to avoid it you can just stop healing. In group you can mostly just ignore it.

Only other one I know is the easy boss on Oricon but in most cases you should be killing the boss even before it gets "heal to full" cast done.

Edited by Halinalle

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/972016/game-update-4.7.1-shroud-memory

No mention of Revan nerf. Forgot to mention it, or no nerf implemented?

I just read the patch notes.

What a collosal waste of time.

It would have been an infinately better use of the time spent on this patch had they just played hop scotch, than smashed their toes with ball peen hammers for 7 hours.

Just a few comments on some of the things listed in the patch notes -

"The following titles have been added, and are obtainable by achieving the appropriate Social Rank. Players who have already attained the required Social Rank(s) will be granted the title(s) with Game Update 4.7.2:

Friendly (Social I)

Outgoing (Social II)

Coordinator (Social III)

Guide (Social V)

Chatterbox (Social VI)

Extrovert (Social VII)

Charismatic (Social VIII)

Leader (Social IX) "

Here are some suggestions that may have been better suited considering the time involved in raising social ranks.

Nerdy(Social I)

Nerd (Social II)

Nerd Commander (Social III)

Agrophobic (Social V)

Dork Lord (Social VI)

Uber-Dork (Social VII)

Uber-Dork Commander (Social VIII)

Virgin (Social IX)

----------------------------------------------------------

Plus all the pack updates

"The following packs have had their descriptions updated to more accurately reflect Cartel Rarity (Silver instead of Super Rare). Drop rates and contents of the Packs have not changed"

Instead of the varied descriptions, wouldn't it have just been easier [and more accurate] to just use one description for all of them, something like -

"only contains total and utter crap".

But than again saying "Drop rates and contents of the Packs have not changed" is essentially saying the same thing just in a more politically correct fashion.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The Zakuul Knight’s Shield in Chapter XVI: The Battle for Odessen now has a name in French and German. "

For future reference, you probably shouldn't use the words, Battle, French,and German in the same sentence.

Good thing you addressed that issue though, cuz that was like a big problem for one half of one percent of the player base who had to interact with the sheild for a grand total of 27 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"New moddable weapons are now available from the Eternal Championship Arena Token Vendor."

This is actually promising and I'm looking forward to checking the new weapons out.

In the past it has often been seen that things announced as new were really just the same old crap with a new paintjob, but I'm giving BW the benefit of the doubt here. I'm kinda excited to see what they may have come up with. Thrill me =]

Just a few comments on some of the things listed in the patch notes -

"The following titles have been added, and are obtainable by achieving the appropriate Social Rank. Players who have already attained the required Social Rank(s) will be granted the title(s) with Game Update 4.7.2:

Friendly (Social I)

Outgoing (Social II)

Coordinator (Social III)

Guide (Social V)

Chatterbox (Social VI)

Extrovert (Social VII)

Charismatic (Social VIII)

Leader (Social IX) "

Here are some suggestions that may have been better suited considering the time involved in raising social ranks.

Nerdy(Social I)

Nerd (Social II)

Nerd Commander (Social III)

Agrophobic (Social V)

Dork Lord (Social VI)

Uber-Dork (Social VII)

Uber-Dork Commander (Social VIII)

Virgin (Social IX)

----------------------------------------------------------

/signed

:D:D:D:D

You're not doing something right then.

There's only one boss in this game that is difficult because of self healing: champion in H4 in SecX. It's mainly a problem when you're doing it solo. Biggest part of healing is caused by your own companion / your own healing so to avoid it you can just stop healing. In group you can mostly just ignore it.

Only other one I know is the easy boss on Oricon but in most cases you should be killing the boss even before it gets "heal to full" cast done.

At least one of the HSF exarchs has a amazingly powerful heal, close to being on the same level as the champion at the end of Aurora Cannon, only it's not a heal steal, so you can't stop it by not healing. OTOH, you can beat it down with DPS if you don't have enough interrupts.

At least one of the HSF exarchs has a amazingly powerful heal, close to being on the same level as the champion at the end of Aurora Cannon, only it's not a heal steal, so you can't stop it by not healing. OTOH, you can beat it down with DPS if you don't have enough interrupts.

Do your rotation correctly then. You can easily overpower that heal. If you're not in full group one of you should have companion out + use heroic moment.

Even soloing that one exarch is easy:

Use all 8 heroic moment abilities -> throw in a bit of rotation -> go through all 8 heroic moment abilities again when they become available before buff runs out -> dead exarch

Edited by Halinalle

Do your rotation correctly then. You can easily overpower that heal. If you're not in full group one of you should have companion out + use heroic moment.

Use all 8 heroic moment abilities -> throw in a bit of rotation -> go through all 8 heroic moment abilities again when they become available before buff runs out -> dead exarch

Last time I went through that, I had 3 heroic moment powers and my character was a shadow tank, so not exactly overflowing with DPS. (completed Consular, Trooper, and Knight, if it matters). I beat him, but it was a lot more work than strictly necessary.

I've beaten the Aurora Cannon "end-boss" soloing a couple of times as well. Both are examples of difficulty-through-tedium game design, IMO.

Use all 8 heroic moment abilities ->

Kinda' hard to do when chapter III completion is still bugged for some characters. Didn't see anything in the patch notes about that either. But even if they did throw in a fix it would probably work like the fix in the last patch, which didn't work at all.

I would love to have more than 2 heroic moment abilities.

Edited by Piepyr

Last time I went through that, I had 3 heroic moment powers and my character was a shadow tank, so not exactly overflowing with DPS. (completed Consular, Trooper, and Knight, if it matters). I beat him, but it was a lot more work than strictly necessary.

I've beaten the Aurora Cannon "end-boss" soloing a couple of times as well. Both are examples of difficulty-through-tedium game design, IMO.

Actually i had trouble with that boss the one time i did it post 4.0. I was doing it on a sin tank and couldn't put my companion on passive quite enough. In the end i just switched her to dps stance and she burned him quite fast(btw Ashara is a beast at 50 influence in 4.0 in dps stance)

I just read the patch notes.

SNIP

Tip

There is zero time needed to raise your Social Level unles you choose to spend it.

Just go about your normal business in game, all missions that can be grouped for raise Social Level. You'll be surprised how quickly you can get to Lv 10 without even trying.

:eek:

The oldest bug that I know of that....well....bugs me is the "explode this crate, hold my rifle like a pistol" bug. The one that keeps lightsabers out even when you mount.

Yup but its really cool when you have the Wings of Architect and a sentinel with both sabers out!! ITS AWESOME :D

This just beats all:

"Players no longer receive an error message when opening Cartel Market packs while dead"

So the only thing you can do while dead is open fcking Cartel Market packs?? :D :D :D Please tell me I understood this wrong!

Apparently BW is not happy that players can't open CM packs when dead. Maybe next step is when a ready check is used and someone is opening packs the game automatically to inform the raid that this person is not ready( or ready since he can open packs while dead anyway)

Actually i had trouble with that boss the one time i did it post 4.0. I was doing it on a sin tank and couldn't put my companion on passive quite enough. In the end i just switched her to dps stance and she burned him quite fast(btw Ashara is a beast at 50 influence in 4.0 in dps stance)

Did it with a Vigilance Guardian - the leap will interrupt him, so if you're careful on timing, you can interrupt the first heal, then dash out and leap in to interrupt the second. The timing on that is tight, though

Did it with a Vigilance Guardian - the leap will interrupt him, so if you're careful on timing, you can interrupt the first heal, then dash out and leap in to interrupt the second. The timing on that is tight, though

Guardian has all the interrupts he needs. Force charge not only interrupts but actually finishes the cd of disruption if you specced intimidating presence and most juggs take it just for the 2s increased saber reflect. And even without that both jugg and pt tanks have the basic cd at 12s while sin's is 18s. Even taking avoidance it's worse than the basic interrupts of most melee specs( the only exception being ops )

Guardian has all the interrupts he needs. Force charge not only interrupts but actually finishes the cd of disruption if you specced intimidating presence and most juggs take it just for the 2s increased saber reflect. And even without that both jugg and pt tanks have the basic cd at 12s while sin's is 18s. Even taking avoidance it's worse than the basic interrupts of most melee specs( the only exception being ops )

Yup - that's why I've done it 2-3 times with my Guardian, and maybe once with my Commando, and never bothered with the rest of my characters (none of whom are specced DPS, so can't just overwhelm him with damage).

This just beats all:

"Players no longer receive an error message when opening Cartel Market packs while dead"

So the only thing you can do while dead is open fcking Cartel Market packs?? :D :D :D Please tell me I understood this wrong!

Basically none of the bugs listed in the bug section and some of the years old known bugs are nowhere near as important as an unknown bug that interferes with the opening of cartel packs.

Basically none of the bugs listed in the bug section and some of the years old known bugs are nowhere near as important as an unknown bug that interferes with the opening of cartel packs.

Or, that they could fix that bug easily; and the other bugs are harder. Bugs get triaged based on various criteria, including impact, difficulty, and severity.

Or, that they could fix that bug easily; and the other bugs are harder. Bugs get triaged based on various criteria, including impact, difficulty, and severity.

Apparently you missed the post about the depths of Manaan being a simple text error and easily fixed. How long has that gone on for?

Edited by rklontz

So, which one is it:

- they should give all content, armor sets, weapons, everything for free, no restrictions, no way to support the game

- they should go back to original pay to play with subscription model

Edited by Halinalle

Apparently you missed the post about the depths of Manaan being a simple text error and easily fixed. How long has that gone on for?

I troubleshoot complex systems for a living - ease of repair is only tangentially related to ease of discovery of what to repair. I've spent weeks trying to run down flaky behavior to eventually discover that there was, basically, a "simple text error" behind it.