Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Look, Ma! No lightsaber!

TEDHARVARD

Some kind of fix is a failure. Whenever a character interfaces with an objective, they have no mainhand due to some type of forced stowing/holstering. Can we put this back to how it was? I'd MUCH rather tolerate a lingering weapon after I click a glowie than MIME my way through HK-47 in the Foundry because we had to click the locks.

NO MIMES!

Better yet, Can we get a DEFAULT wield option that works better than that fickle Z key toggle?

Whenever I log into my operative, he's miming holding his blaster rifle, but its on his back. Doesn't matter how i log off, and I'm not sure when it started happening.

I get that too on my Operatives and my Scoundrels. I have to hit Z to stow the imaginary weapon, hit it again to draw, and again to wield.

Whenever I log into my operative, he's miming holding his blaster rifle, but its on his back. Doesn't matter how i log off, and I'm not sure when it started happening.

99.9% sure this has something to do with when they changed Acid Blade (op) and Flechette Round (scoundrel) to be passives in 3.0 instead of active abilities you had to apply yourself. So now when you spec concealment or scrapper you're in the weapon drawn stance with empty hands. It's been messed up for a long time now (since Shadow of Revan "disciplines" replaced talent trees).

99.9% sure this has something to do with when they changed Acid Blade (op) and Flechette Round (scoundrel) to be passives in 3.0 instead of active abilities you had to apply yourself. So now when you spec concealment or scrapper you're in the weapon drawn stance with empty hands. It's been messed up for a long time now (since Shadow of Revan "disciplines" replaced talent trees).

Yep, get this on both my scoundrel and operative as well. It's annoying, long overdue for BioWare to fix this bug.

As far as bugs go, this is so minor as to be pointless to fix untill they mess with the tree balance again. So I have to hit z once or twice to fix it when I log in. It isn't like you are miming after teleporting anywhere.

As far as bugs go, this is so minor as to be pointless to fix untill they mess with the tree balance again. So I have to hit z once or twice to fix it when I log in. It isn't like you are miming after teleporting anywhere.

They also need to fix the teleporting bugs while they're at it. How many times have you overshot where you were meant to teleport to?

Side effect of the "you no longer need to preview a weapon first in order to preview a crystal". :D

Not only this latest patch note feature "works as intended", if you preview a weapon it shows the original crystal it comes with and not the actually equipped one. But who cares anyway, this game has far more issues needing (and waiting for) a fix...

I bet if you praise E.M. and the crew for the awesome job they did, you'd probably get their attention. Since never response to anything else:cool:

P. S.: Or this is a broken CM-feature :LOL

Side effect of the "you no longer need to preview a weapon first in order to preview a crystal". :D

Well that still doesn't work, if I'm trying to preview a weapon that I'm not proficient in, guess what? It doesn't show. I still have to go into collections and select a weapon to preview a colour crystal.

Well that still doesn't work, if I'm trying to preview a weapon that I'm not proficient in, guess what? It doesn't show. I still have to go into collections and select a weapon to preview a colour crystal.

Yeah, it only happens if you are wearing an outfit from the designer. If you apply the gear you are wearing then the weapon-preview works fine. Really annoying bug.

• 1 year later...
A year later... still fighting with invisible weapons whenever there's an objective to click in the fight. HK47, Directive 7 bosses... kolto stations... It's sad, really.

That and about 75% of the time melee companions are miming with us regardless of interaction with anything

Edited by aerockyul

A year later... still fighting with invisible weapons whenever there's an objective to click in the fight. HK47, Directive 7 bosses... kolto stations... It's sad, really.

If you benefit from an issue it gets fixed next patch, or maintenance. It if adversely affects you, they just let it go. Pretty much has been their M.O. since launch. Only time you see a fix that adversely affects you, fixed sorta quick, is if it's game breaking.

tl;dr - get use to miming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.