Guild consolidation

Matthewcseaman

I posted a couple weeks or so ago my thoughts on the pvp/pve instance option. This post though is a little more radical though I think its logic is similar. The addition of additional instances to separate PvP and pve areas creates tonnes of new space to divide up what few players are left on our server. I also think that we are all further dividing ourselves up by being in tonnes of separate guilds on both the imp and pub sides. I don't think the population of players left on the server can support a large number of guilds anymore and having a bunch of guilds with only a handful of active people may be hurting the game play experience. I think it may be possible to improve our game play experience by consolidating some of our guilds so that those of us remaining on the server can have the opportunity to join and be a part of a viable guild. What I mean by viable is that the guild has enough active players in it to support activities like group based pve/pvp content, conquest events, player rp, group exploration for datacrons, etc. The guild I am currently in is called "Order of the Knights Templar." At any one point these days, I'll only ever see two or three people online in the guild with me. That's not enough active people to do much of anything with. I suspect that there are many other guilds on the server that are in the same boat. I know this idea line of thinking is complicated by the fact that many currently existing guilds are in possession of guild strongholds and warships that they invested in when the server had a higher active player population; however, I think this idea has some merit worth discussing. Edited by Matthewcseaman
Grammar

I posted a couple weeks or so ago my thoughts on the pvp/pve instance option. This post though is a little more radical though I think its logic is similar. The addition of additional instances to separate PvP and pve areas creates tonnes of new space to divide up what few players are left on our server. I also think that we are all further dividing ourselves up by being in tonnes of separate guilds on both the imp and pub sides. I don't think the population of players left on the server can support a large number of guilds anymore and having a bunch of guilds with only a handful of active people may be hurting the game play experience. I think it may be possible to improve our game play experience by consolidating some of our guilds so that those of us remaining on the server can have the opportunity to join and be a part of a viable guild. What I mean by viable is that the guild has enough active players in it to support activities like group based pve/pvp content, conquest events, player rp, group exploration for datacrons, etc. The guild I am currently in is called "Order of the Knights Templar." At any one point these days, I'll only ever see two or three people online in the guild with me. That's not enough active people to do much of anything with. I suspect that there are many other guilds on the server that are in the same boat. I know this idea line of thinking is complicated by the fact that many currently existing guilds are in possession of guild strongholds and warships that they invested in when the server had a higher active player population; however, I think this idea has some merit worth discussing.

I agree about what you are talking about and feel that we should have it as it was back then with once planet instance with how small our server is. However, the server is now as small as you think it is. In my guild, The Shadow Empire on Imp side, we have from four to 20 people online at once everyday when we don't have an event going on. I have also seen the population on the Empire side go up to 200 players online at once with PvP popping every 15 minutes.

I am extremely glad with how everyone on the server is working together to bring back Jung Ma and highly support those who are pulling together the Ops group's every week.

What I think what we could do as a server to help the server grow is A: Go on other servers with a single character and try to get people to switch over to us :rak_03: . B: Start organizing more server wide events and try to be more active in making Ops group's. C: Try to participate in Warzones and GSF every night (mostly why people are leaving). D: Lower prices on the GTN so that our server can have a more steady market, also for those who are f2p and only have a credit cap of 200k. E: Have everyone go on PvP instance on planets so that we can get some world PvP going on which would draw in more people.

So far I have seen a major improvement with the population of the server from four months ago and I am loving how everyone is starting to work together more to help the server. I have a strong feeling that we could really bring back Jung Ma into one of the most active servers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guild consolidation could partial work by buying out guilds without strongholds or ships because the cost is minor. Guilds with either are too strongly invested and no one except swtor itself will waste credits buying out such guilds to eliminate them. In conjunction with buying out minor guilds, refrain from volunteering to create new guilds and discourage people calling for assistance in creating new guilds by directing people to a server guild directory. More information is coming regarding a server guild directory.

• 2 months later...
why try and consolidate? leaving jung ma is the smart thing to do... as someone said in their post only reason to stay on jung ma is your invested in a guild... which come on now... why be bitter, when you can get on an active server and build it back up. you won't get reimbursement for the guild, at best you'll get free transfers for toons, but that is if they ever care to actually do it.

What I think what we could do as a server to help the server grow is A: Go on other servers with a single character and try to get people to switch over to us :rak_03: . B: Start organizing more server wide events and try to be more active in making Ops group's. C: Try to participate in Warzones and GSF every night (mostly why people are leaving). D: Lower prices on the GTN so that our server can have a more steady market, also for those who are f2p and only have a credit cap of 200k. E: Have everyone go on PvP instance on planets so that we can get some world PvP going on which would draw in more people.

So far I have seen a major improvement with the population of the server from four months ago and I am loving how everyone is starting to work together more to help the server. I have a strong feeling that we could really bring back Jung Ma into one of the most active servers.

Jaffon has good ideas. I vote for him for Emperor.