Romance bug in Chapter 16?

mrx_gamer

May contain spoiler(s).

After finishing chapter 16, I went to Dulfy and found out that we can kiss Lana before leaving to the Gravestone but that didn't happen in my playthrough. I've been romancing her and picking choices that she approves since chapter 1. Not only that but I also didn't get the warrior only trigger for Vette (maybe because I didn't romance her in class story?). What went wrong and what did I miss? I'm kinda disappointed because this is my main. My character is Sith Warrior, Dark V fyi.

Would be nice if someone can clarify this. Thanks.

Edited by mrx_gamer

:eek: I found this on Google Images: http://i.imgur.com/g9Tt0wj.png?1

How come I don't have that? This is pissing me off :(:mad:

You either didn't initiate the romance check at the end of Chapter IX or it bugged for you. In order to officially start a romance with Lana, you have to ask to speak to her alone in the cantina when you are with Koth and Theron and then flirt when you are alone to officially cement the romantic relationship. Otherwise, you are not in a romance.

Edited by Aowin

You either didn't initiate the romance check at the end of Chapter IX or it bugged for you. In order to officially start a romance for Lana, you have to flirt with her during the cantina scene and flirt when you are alone to officially cement the romantic relationship. Otherwise, you are not in a romance.

I did pick that option. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything while playing chapter 9 or any other. I paid a lot of attention while playing as it is my main character. Is there no fix for this?

I did pick that option. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything while playing chapter 9 or any other. I paid a lot of attention while playing as it is my main character. Is there no fix for this?

It sounds like the romance may have bugged for you then. There is currently no fix for this issue and I doubt there will be as you cannot replay through previous chapters.

If it's any consolation, the romance with Lana has been rather underwhelming and superficial. Beside the occasional flirt, which rarely happens, all those who have romanced her receive a few, occasional mails every now and then.

Edited by Aowin

It sounds like the romance may have bugged for you then. There is currently no fix for this issue and I doubt there will be as you cannot replay through previous chapters.

Great :jawa_frown:

This has to happen to my main char to which I put a lot of time and effort.

Edit: Thanks for notifying me.

Edited by mrx_gamer

I played through the first few chapters on my main before it was possible to cement romances, from what I remember anyway. Maybe it was just a bug. Either way I did the cantina cutscene on my main but did not get any romance options with her either. Edited by Radzkie

I played through the first few chapters on my main before it was possible to cement romances, from what I remember anyway. Maybe it was just a bug. Either way I did the cantina cutscene on my main but did not get any romance options with her either.

We should let BioWare know then so they can fix it.

Edited by mrx_gamer

Because you made a choice that mattered.

You just don't know which one.

But seriously, if you screwed up the "I need to talk to one of you in private" back in Chapter 9, you're not in a romance with her.

No. I didn't. I picked the up the flirt option at chapter 9 and got my kiss there but in bio it doesn't state that I'm in relationship with her.

Yeah my main romances Lana as well but doesn't have the official thing under the follower tab. It's a bug for sure.

My dark vs light female consular is romancing Theron and just finished chapter 9 where I got the message she is in a romance with him.

Edited by Newyankalt

No. I didn't. I picked the up the flirt option at chapter 9 and got my kiss there but in bio it doesn't state that I'm in relationship with her.

In the cantina, did you get the popup with "This will start a romantic relationship with Lana" or some such?

If not, it is bugged or you did something wrong.

I had the same thing happen on my main. Romanced Lana in SoR, picked all romance options in KOTFE, spoke to her in the cantina to "lock in" the romance but it seems to've bugged out. Never had anything happen afterwards, no text in the companions tab etc.

I noticed that months ago, contacted support, and their response was just "We are aware of companion problems".

Recently I tried it again on one of my DvL toons, picked all the flirt options, locked in at the cantina [Text message and all], but once again it seems to've bugged out as once again there was no text in the companion tab or further romance interactions in any of the chapters.

That's not even the worst. Pretty much all of my imperial agents romance Ensign Temple. One of them, my sniper, I tried to drag through KOTFE. He got the typical romantic interest mail you get in one of the first chapters from Ensign Temple. And then the chapter with Kalyo happened. First run through the chapter was fine, but that was back when there was bug that prevented imperial agents to complete the chapter. Had to redo that chapter and everything seemed fine... until the end where both my agent and Kalyo seemed to thing they were romanced. Didn't happen before the patch. Then afterwards no matter what I did it kept thinking that. Contacted support once again. And then all they said was "choices you make will be permanent". Which didn't really help much.

I gave up on romances in the expansion :p I have no idea how it still manages to bug up.

At the moment I'm just scared what other random romances it will assign my characters. I just dread the thought of my sin or jugg meeting up with Skadge and being "Ooh I missed you love of my life!".

Because you made a choice that mattered.

You just don't know which one.

But seriously, if you screwed up the "I need to talk to one of you in private" back in Chapter 9, you're not in a romance with her.

I successfully romanced her on two alts. I picked the same flirt options on my main but it didn't romance her.

Edited by Radzkie

:eek: I found this on Google Images: http://i.imgur.com/g9Tt0wj.png?1

How come I don't have that? This is pissing me off :(:mad:

I agree, I have it on some of my characters and not on other even though I picked the same options throughout the story. I really thought that when I saw that on my first run though, BW had added it for those who missed out as sort of a second chance. After reading your post OP I guess not. :mad:

BW still refuse to admit this and still claim its the players fault as they must not have pick every flirt option.

Edited by DreadtechSavant