August Producer Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

For those who missed the stream and are looking for a wrap-up on what we talked about, here ya go! You can catch the archived video here.

State of the Galaxy

• We are working to address DvL players who are unable to complete Tier 6 as soon as possible. We are aiming to have a fix in the next patch we release.
  • The team is looking through feedback on the new pack opening, and looking for places to improve. If you want to speed up the experience you can spacebar through the animation.
  • We know there has been some concerns about story elements that didn't come to a close in KotFE. This was intentional as those story threads will continue into the future.

PvP Ranked Season 7

• Season will end with the launch of KOTET
  • Each reward tier will receive a stronghold decoration and title.
  • Second tier will receive a unique color crystal
  • Top tier will receive a unique mount
  • Screenshots and tier breakdown coming in September

Featured Community Contributors

Knights of the Eternal Throne

• Full announcement coming at NYCC in October

HK Chapter

• Bonus chapter coming to eligible subscribers on September 7th
  • New Alliance alert for Rusk. Includes another Companion that players would love to kill...

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you're never going to read this, mr. musco, but you know how we can tell that you weren't planning on talking about pvp at all this livestream and did it just to try and shut us up for a while?

they didn't even have a bullet about it on the wrap-up slide.

• Dev Post
My sub ends on September 5 and i dont have the money to renew it that month. The rusk alliance recruitment would be available to those who ended KotFE or only active subs?? Thanks

You do not need to be a subscriber to access it, but you do need to have access to, and have completed Chapter 16. That is the prerequisite to access the alert.

-eric

Hey, Eric. Since The Shroud is heavily involved in the HK chapter, is there any chance/plans to add a solo mode for the final mission for both the Shroud and Dreadseed questlines? I know a lot of people have been asking for them, since it is nearly impossible to find a group to finish them, and it would be a good way for new and current players who have never done those quests to do them!

Just because the decision to leave Chapter 16 finishing on such an incomplete note was intentional does that make it the right decisions?

Seriously I don't think anyone thought it was a bug and there was another scene after, where something is resolved. The issue is that having turned the last 16 chapters into such a pointless excise of running round in circles you have kind of wasted everyones time for (if you were a sub for each chapter) somewhere in the region of 150 bucks. If you spent that on a new game you would expect more of a conclusion than was given. So why leave the players feeling so cheated in an expansion. Is that a good business model?

Edited by Costello

Hey folks!

For those who missed the stream and are looking for a wrap-up on what we talked about, here ya go!

State of the Galaxy

• We are working to address DvL players who are unable to complete Tier 6 as soon as possible. We are aiming to have a fix in the next patch we release.
  • The team is looking through feedback on the new pack opening, and looking for places to improve. If you want to speed up the experience you can spacebar through the animation.
  • We know there has been some concerns about story elements that didn't come to a close in KotFE. This was intentional as those story threads will continue into the future.

PvP Ranked Season 7

Featured Community Contributors

Knights of the Eternal Throne

• Full announcement coming at NYCC in October

HK Chapter

• Bonus chapter coming to eligible subscribers on September 7th
  • New Alliance alert for Rusk. Includes another Companion that players would love to kill...

-eric

Eric, can you please clarify. So no weapons for season 7?

You do not need to be a subscriber to access it, but you do need to have access to, and have completed Chapter 16. That is the prerequisite to access the alert.

-eric

Same with the HK chapter, I assume? The way you guys have dragged this out is disgusting.

-eric

Thanks , I finished Chapter 16 yesterday so happy that my Knight can see Rusk again

Same with the HK chapter, I assume? The way you guys have dragged this out is disgusting.

Assuming a lot of people unsubbed because of the bad way they are handling KOTFE, the only right thing would be for them to release the bonus chapter to everyone. But I suppose they won't and keep the original requirement.

Very disappointing livestream, why do I bother watching it? The important questions are NEVER answered or they just flat out turn around it. I think Mr. Musco should by now realise that if they want to save the game the "Soon TM" is no longer acceptable. Seriously it was mediocre.

You should be throwing us a bone, Eric, and release more info on KOTET NOW. Cause I doubt many people will stick around that long without new info. But of course as always these things are flat-out ignored.

Disappointing and mediocre livestream. If you got nothing new and interesting to say don't bother doing one.

Edited by NoomiryarZ

Hey folks!

For those who missed the stream and are looking for a wrap-up on what we talked about, here ya go!

State of the Galaxy

•  

-eric

While THIS may be "working as intended", I do hope you realize how many players you PO'd with this story telling decision. It's bad enough that I....THE EMPEROR'S WRATH...had to spend 16 chapters being told what to do by random Jedi dropouts and wanna be soldiers, thrown around like a rag doll by every freaking boss in the Zakul empire, and unable to interrupt most opponents. But to end a season with NO CLOSURE ON ANYTHING. I honestly have lost nearly all interest in KotET. And.I was one of your biggest supporters when y'all decided to focus on single player story.

Fool me one time, shame on you.

Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you

Fool me three times.......

Please.....Step ya storytelling game up BW. :confused:

While THIS may be "working as intended", I do hope you realize how many players you PO'd with this story telling decision. It's bad enough that I....THE EMPEROR'S WRATH...had to spend 16 chapters being told what to do by random Jedi dropouts and wanna be soldiers, thrown around like a rag doll by every freaking boss in the Zakul empire, and unable to interrupt most opponents. But to end a season with NO CLOSURE ON ANYTHING. I honestly have lost nearly all interest in KotET. And.I was one of your biggest supporters when y'all decided to focus on single player story.

Fool me one time, shame on you.

Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you

Fool me three times.......

Please.....Step ya storytelling game up BW. :confused:

True. Good storytelling would have brought closure to at least one of the storylines. That would leave room for something new. As it is... looks like we don't get any new story to follow.

PvP Ranked Season 7

I strongly suggest you to listen to the community and add weapon box and top 96 titles AT LEAST.

Would be nice to get armor set though.

Edited by DerSchneider

True. Good storytelling would have brought closure to at least one of the storylines. That would leave room for something new. As it is... looks like we don't get any new story to follow.

I get that some players want closure on their story.. but in reality.. from day one of this games launch.... story arcs were left open to a large degree.

This is not surprising to me as I see the story arcs very much following classic multi-part screenplay format. It's a tried and tested way to apply story in an entertaining manner, AND a manner that leads one to want to come back and see more. Which is why so many TV series and movie franchises now days leave sharp cliff hangers at the end of a season or movie in a trilogy.

Not that I don't get frustrated sometimes when a TV season ends, or a movie ends and leaves me hanging on what will happen next. I do. But I give the studio credit for following a proven formula for story telling in modern entertainment. Of course it's a fairly alien concept in MMOs.. and honestly players of MMOs appear to not like delays in anything in their play progression.

The book Writers Journey, https://www.amazon.com/Writers-Journey-Mythic-Structure-3rd/dp/193290736X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470965390&sr=8-1&keywords=writers+journey , explains the concept and approach very well in my view, including how it evolved and why it works so well for story telling.

TL;DR a good story never actually ends, and a good story teller leaves you hanging at an interlude point and wanting more.

Edited by Andryah

I get that some players want closure on their story.. but in reality.. from day one of this games launch.... story arcs were left open to a large degree.

This is not surprising to me as I see the story arcs very much following classic multi-part screenplay format. It's a tried and tested way to apply story in an entertaining manner, AND a manner that leads one to want to come back and see more. Which is why so many TV series and movie franchises now days leave sharp cliff hangers at the end of a season or movie in a trilogy.

Not that I don't get frustrated sometimes when a TV season ends, or a movie ends and leaves me hanging on what will happen next. I do. But I give the studio credit for following a proven formula for story telling in modern entertainment. Of course it's a fairly alien concept in MMOs.. and honestly players of MMOs appear to not like delays in anything in their play progression.

The book Writers Journey, https://www.amazon.com/Writers-Journey-Mythic-Structure-3rd/dp/193290736X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470965390&sr=8-1&keywords=writers+journey , explains the concept and approach very well in my view, including how it evolved and why it works so well for story telling.

TL;DR a good story never actually ends, and a good story teller leaves you hanging at an interlude point and wanting more.

There was always a big win in every class story and expansion unlike the latest. You actually stopped the bad guy, before another bad guy showed up for the cliffhanger, if at all. Kotfe had no conclusion at all.

They have enough going on that they can close one portion of the story and let us feel like we made progress. As it is, we are treading water. I wouldn't make us the Emperor or anything, but we should have made progress. Right now, all we have is more enemies and absolutely nothing to show for it.

I could go along if they wrote it as a failure. But they wrote it as some sort of victory. Please!