Broken Priority Ops and no emergency fix? I'm hanging by a thread here BW.

ArcTrooperElite

i'm on the red eclipse and have NEVER seen anyone ask for achivs for EV and KP HM

they are done on farm and have no extra mechanics added to them, they are the same as the SM version just the boss does more damage.

the be geared part is fair since you don't get bolster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm on the red eclipse and have NEVER seen anyone ask for achivs for EV and KP HM

they are done on farm and have no extra mechanics added to them, they are the same as the SM version just the boss does more damage.

Saw someone asking for KP HM achievements yesterday on Harb.... boy did we ridicule him :rak_01:.

Safe to say he never formed his group, because if their asking achievements for something as simple as something as EV/KP, their asking for a carry, not proof of completion.

Hmm, if only you could add me as a legacy friend(or account wide). I switch so many characters lately it's pointless to give you any character. You won't see it online for days probably.

(and if only my guild wasn't hating EV/KP so I could show you how easy HM is when you have people who knows strat and their classes)

What the hell is this excuse?

OK, now a view from the other side:

Achievements are USELESS. Many people have them from 3.0 when you could kill any old operation with basic attack. Because achievements arent' updated(e.g. they could show the first kill date and the last kill date) you cannot tell how usefull the person is based on their achievements. .

Well, I am sorry, but yout view is in minority. Just go to fleet in the evening and look at chat. Every single person who looks for HM ops outside of EV and KP tells to whisper achieves. Every single one. It's a fact of life. So unless you get lucky and find a guild who does HM ops and who is ready to take you with them... you are not getting beyond SM. Period.

And I am speaking from experience here. 2 days ago I finally get achieve for HM Council. And only because the guild I run it with has a hard time finding people for raids and I was playing with them for some time before.

Edited by Gelious

Removing Priority Ops would be a dumb move. It increased participation in HM Ops thanks to increased rewards, added another hook/reason to log in different weeks with rotating schedule and is the only way to obtain BIS gear from the newest Operations that never had and never will have actual NiM modes, same obviously goes for new Ops going forward.

Not really. All it did was increase participation in HM EV and KP. Most PUGs still can't get past HM Operator, HM Gate Commander (groups still wipe on this in SM), and other HM mid-op bosses.

Well, I am sorry, but yout view is in minority. Just go to fleet in the evening and look at chat. Every single person who looks for HM ops outside of EV and KP tells to whisper achieves. Every single one. It's a fact of life. So unless you get lucky and find a guild who does HM ops and who is ready to take you with them... you are not getting beyond SM. Period.

And I am speaking from experience here. 2 days ago I finally get achieve for HM Council. And only because the guild I run it with has a hard time finding people for raids and I was playing with them for some time before.

Oh, I didn't want to say otherwise. Yes, on the fleet most people wanna see achievements, I agree. It's just our guild, when bored, we wanna go DP/DF HM and cannot decide whether the person from the crowd is good or not :)

Sorry for confusion :)

Yeah, but when we did EV with 4 ppl (me and friend) we did look for ppl that can do that in such group, so.....

Having a 224 mainhand makes for a nice usable trophy in addition to making standard pve content (storymode, tactical) a lot easier. I totally understand wanting to collect a full set of dropped raid gear. Once you get a few pieces of the set you will obsessively want to get them all.

When the next level cap is raised presumably to 70, I will not be so obsessive. I will stick to augmented max level pvp gear and hope friendly players help me again get a top level mainhand. :D

Edited by jimmorrisson

Having a 224 mainhand makes for a nice usable trophy in addition to making standard pve content (storymode, tactical) a lot easier. I totally understand wanting to collect a full set of dropped raid gear. Once you get a few pieces of the set you will obsessively want to get them all.

When the next level cap is raised presumably to 70, I will not be so obsessive. I will stick to augmented max level pvp gear and hope friendly players help me again get a top level mainhand. :D

Question is where the new top lvl gear will come from. I suppose it will come from the same old operations scaled to lvl 70. In that case you can just buy a gear run, like most ppl did for all pieces.

However, not sure you will find a guild that will be selling this as if the opses will again be the same no raiding guild will be sane enough to be doing that all over again. Just imaging that all opses will stay the same and will just be lvl 70 and droping simply higher gear makes me puke.

Personally I would like to see Priority Ops stay broken and never return.

All it has done is give players an incentive to not participate in Operations play outside of EV/KP.

It is probably the single worst design decision that has gone into endgame play. It's an abomination, and has gone miles towards wrecking what was left of the endgame community, as there's nothing feeding it anymore.

The entire endgame structure is a mess, and none of it can be fixed while PO is in place.

While I appreciate the fact that some players "want" 224 gear, feel they are "entitled" to 224 gear, or somehow feel they "need" 224 gear, there is no rational justification for the setup we have now if the health of the endgame community is even a small goal.

This game survived for 4+ years without top-tier gear being handed out and no one seemed to mind so much. No one was "blocked" from doing anything they wanted to do. And I do not see how the abundance of 224 gear has in any way improved everyone's ability to clear content they were previously unable to clear.

With the exception of two fights, 224 gear is simply not needed. And I would wager a lot of credits that anyone digging their feet in demanding their gear is not working on either of them.

So if you want to say that you "need" it to help you clear content, reality is that you can improve your chances far, far more by improving in areas other than your gear rating.

Why did I click on that? WHY??? I knew better...yet I did it...it was so bad, I actually laughed while I rolled my eyes.

IKR? I just couldn't help myself :p

My vacation is not coming soon enough, two more days.

Yo u got the battle of odessen like, next week! need top swag to sort out arcann u know :p

lol yeah the 224 gear is needed to beat the endless onslaught of Skytroopers!!! Anyway, i bet killing Arcann will be just pressing basic attack, basic attack, basic attack, interrrupt, basic attack, oh he is dead my OP companion killed him already.

lol yeah the 224 gear is needed to beat the endless onslaught of Skytroopers!!! Anyway, i bet killing Arcann will be just pressing basic attack, basic attack, basic attack, interrrupt, basic attack, oh he is dead my OP companion killed him already.

Wow, you are so amazing one has to wonder why you still play this game :rolleyes:

*cough* new ops alluded to in the fall *cough*

*cough* they can't announce new ops until a month before they are set to release after the Shadow of Revan expansion fiasco when there was problems so EA has a choke order on the devs *cough*

*cough* they were focusing on new pvp warzones now focusing on ops, cant change in mid stream *cough*

*cough* the devs listen on ops and pvp but it takes time to make them and the choke order is in place *cough*

*cough* i may or may not have a cousin in BW *cough*

No point in making a new OP's really , All people want to play is EV and KP.

Sad actually.

No point in making a new OP's really , All people want to play is EV and KP.

Sad actually.

HAAHAHA yeah, so true, good one!! They should make EV and KP and Eternal Highlighted ops so people can do them for the highest gear in game every week.

HAAHAHA yeah, so true, good one!! They should make EV and KP and Eternal Highlighted ops so people can do them for the highest gear in game every week.

lol , I know right ?

When EV and KP is priority noobs come in flocks , there are even runs during morning time.

But when it's Ravager for example.... you have to struggle for a few days to find a team , lol , no point in making a new ops.

Edited by Suplax

lol , I know right ?

When EV and KP is priority noobs come in flocks , there are even runs during morning time.

But when it's Ravager for example.... you have to struggle for a few days to find a team , lol , no point in making a new ops.

Everything beyond S&V is too hard, S&V included. The last week showed me how paranoid people are, also how "stupid".

I experienced a PUG S&V in around 1:15(yes, 75 minutes with Styrak, HM). And then I experienced 3 hours long journey without Styrak with repair bill higher than anything I've seen before(how about a random pull when a half is AFK?). And if you skip Styrak S&V is too damn easy =) (IMO)

Ravagers are just nightmare in PUG because everybody is used to a different style of playtrhough. At least M&B, I've seen 3 different strategies, all probably usable when your team is used to it :) Also everybody seems keen on melee DPS classes which is not especially wonderfull for the furry boss there =) (same applies for DP and then every melee burns in flames =))

Everything beyond S&V is too hard, S&V included. The last week showed me how paranoid people are, also how "stupid".

I experienced a PUG S&V in around 1:15(yes, 75 minutes with Styrak, HM). And then I experienced 3 hours long journey without Styrak with repair bill higher than anything I've seen before(how about a random pull when a half is AFK?). And if you skip Styrak S&V is too damn easy =) (IMO)

Ravagers are just nightmare in PUG because everybody is used to a different style of playtrhough. At least M&B, I've seen 3 different strategies, all probably usable when your team is used to it :) Also everybody seems keen on melee DPS classes which is not especially wonderfull for the furry boss there =) (same applies for DP and then every melee burns in flames =))

I agree with you.

But If you use a communication software you can easily overcome the difference between strategies as they don't drastically change.

About the PUG , it's exactly what i'm talking about , people only run EV and KP , when it comes to real hard op's that require more elaborated mechanics and higher dps checks , noobs will always fail.

As long as people keep running only EV and KP they will learn nothing , there is not a real need to introduce a new OP's , because if people find it too hard they will just stick with EV and KP anyway.