Character race flagged wrong?

Dontelar

I just created a new Twi'lek Sith warrior for the Dark/Light event. I am on Dromund Kaas, and have already come across multiple instances of NPCs thinking that I am a sith Pureblood instead of an alien. I can't remember all of them, but both Ladra and Morrun Dokaas (in the Revanite quest chain on Dromund Kaas) have implied that I am a Pureblood.

It's been quite a while since I started an alien warrior, so I'm not sure if this is a longer standing conversation bug, or if my character is somehow flagged wrong.

I just created a new Twi'lek Sith warrior for the Dark/Light event. I am on Dromund Kaas, and have already come across multiple instances of NPCs thinking that I am a sith Pureblood instead of an alien. I can't remember all of them, but both Ladra and Morrun Dokaas (in the Revanite quest chain on Dromund Kaas) have implied that I am a Pureblood.

It's been quite a while since I started an alien warrior, so I'm not sure if this is a longer standing conversation bug, or if my character is somehow flagged wrong.

Warrior is from a prominent Sith bloodline (whatever that might mean), no matter the specie which is kind of surprising. This is different from Inquisitor where Humans/Aliens, Zabrak, and PB Sith have a distinct thing (And Zabrak has a couple unique bits as "a criminal", PB as "disgraced Sith", I think there is a slight variation between Human and Other Aliens, but I don't remember).

It could be a flag issue though. I haven't played a Warrior as a non-Human/Cyborg or PB yet myself.

From memory some dialogue options imply or receive a reply implicating either the player character is an alien species, or sith pureblood. these are not removed whichever species you chose, but they are options on the dialogue wheels in conversations. For example if you go around calling aliens freakish looking, unwelcome etc they'll often reply as if you are a SP/Human.

I don't know if those are what you encountered, but I remember stumbling upon a lot of them. Including my human SW proudly announcing that she was an alien species to a species intolerant military officer.

as for "scion/heir of a great sith bloodline" and "nobility / elite family" comments, I took it as the sith warrior is just the youngest generation of a very powerful and influential family of force users in the empire who are lucky enough to have the force passed through the generations. For an in-game example see the Shan family (from Bastila through 8 or so generations to Satele) is noted as being an infamous jedi family/bloodline for generations as only Bastila's son and Satele's son are not force sensitive in that bloodline, that we know of.

My Rattataki SI is really annoyed by people making something of the fact that she's an alien.

On Balmorra, she killed the Major's son who had come from Korriban to search for the holocron, because the first words out of his mouth when she met him ended in him calling her "alien filth".

Just to avoid doubt, answer this question: If Yerka Kolar came to rescue you, looking like this, would you gratuitously insult her?

And of course on Taris...

The General (Farvin?) in the Command Centre (where Republic characters can do the rakghoul vaccine research quest) cast broad-spectrum anti-alien aspersions, she obviously picked "Watch it, human" from the dialogue wheel.

And before going to Hoth...

Overseer Harkun narrowly avoided a fate worse than a fate worse than death when introducing the next batch of ex-slave apprentice candidates. He describes the first two (non-Basic-speakers, a Twi'lek and a Gran - 3-eyed thing like Minister Imogh) then introduces the third, "... who is at least human" before saving his neck by saying that he meant nothing at all about my character when he said that.

as for "scion/heir of a great sith bloodline" and "nobility / elite family" comments, I took it as the sith warrior is just the youngest generation of a very powerful and influential family of force users in the empire who are lucky enough to have the force passed through the generations. For an in-game example see the Shan family (from Bastila through 8 or so generations to Satele) is noted as being an infamous jedi family/bloodline for generations as only Bastila's son and Satele's son are not force sensitive in that bloodline, that we know of.

Yeah, if it was only this kind of thing, that's what I would assume. But Ladra referred to my blue Twi'lek's red skin! It could be that that particular line of dialogue is tied to the warrior in general as well as the race (or do we just assume that all sith Twi'leks are red?), but I do know that my Zabrak sniper and Togruta merc never got that line.

Edited by Dontelar

Yeah, if it was only this kind of thing, that's what I would assume. But Ladra referred to my blue Twi'lek's red skin! It could be that that particular line of dialogue is tied to the warrior in general as well as the race (or do we just assume that all sith Twi'leks are red?), but I do know that my Zabrak sniper and Togruta merc never got that line.

Humans/Cyborgs do not get that line for certain.

Twi'lek are through a legacy or Cartel Unlock unlock rather than one of the ones to be chosen by default for a Subscriber, and Imperial Zabrak options are all on red-skin spectrum (yellowish-orange to dark red).

Operatives and BHs don't actually have superiority issues that show up in the storylines of the Sith classes.