Ensign Temple still has Kaliyo's voice - going on for over half a year

FourPawnBenoni

But I'm sure the dev's take pride in their work

Oh yeah...Voidstar bridge is still invisible

But I'm sure the dev's are hard at work at it

Crouching and roll bugs still abound

But I'm sure the dev's don't do the bare minimum each day....surely these bugs take years to fix

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

This one drives me crazy! They fixed some of the companions that used the wrong voice, but not all of them. I'm afraid this will be like the Vector/Scourge armor bug that will be ignored for eternity, but hey, they fixed Ashara, so all is good :rolleyes:

Yes. Every time Temple screams at my female agent to "Be a Man" in Kaliyo's voice, I want to smack her. Listen lady, I'm not going to suddenly turn into a man - no matter how loud you scream - so just stop it.

That is not the only messed up voice. I think Iresso has Zenith's voice. And there were another two I found mixed up but I don't recall which ones now.

Yes. Every time Temple screams at my female agent to "Be a Man" in Kaliyo's voice, I want to smack her. Listen lady, I'm not going to suddenly turn into a man - no matter how loud you scream - so just stop it.

That is not the only messed up voice. I think Iresso has Zenith's voice. And there were another two I found mixed up but I don't recall which ones now.

Kira has one that's mixed up, I think she takes on Doc's voice. And Scourge uses the wrong voice as a healer, if I remember right. I run as tank or heal on most of my toons, and then set comps to DPS to avoid the issue.

You know, could this voice fiasco be the reason some of the companions haven't come back yet it in KotFE?

Probably not, but hey.. random theories, so who knows. :D

Lord Scourge also uses Rusk's voice when in healing stance.

I'm betting that they could not get all of the voice actors to record new lines to account for the healer roll that all companions got at the launch of 4.0, so they decided to make due with the ones that they could get by using the wrong ones in place of those that they could not produce.

Doc has Kira's still as well.

And Sgt. Rusk's voice shows up on several characters, including Lord Scourge, Zenith, and Lt. Iresso. It depends on role. If they can't figure out what the bug is, simply make the character silent for that particular role. It's much better than hearing a different companion's voice.

There are probably more than just what's listed in this thread.

Of all the bugs in the game, which have increased at a way faster pace than in the past since 4.0, these are the worst, in my opinion. Especially with the story emphasis, it's appalling that BW has let this go on for so long.

Edited by arunav

Submit a bug report at least once for each one. Most places, priorities are set by how widespread the issue is. Threads on the forums are soothing, but bug reports are tracked.

(I just submitted one for the good Ensign; both for her voice and for some wacky animations she was doing)

• 2 months later...
This one drives me crazy! They fixed some of the companions that used the wrong voice, but not all of them. I'm afraid this will be like the Vector/Scourge armor bug that will be ignored for eternity, but hey, they fixed Ashara, so all is good :rolleyes:

-snerk- the only reason Ashara got fixed is because the devs wanted to be able to ogle her in a slave outfit. They couldnt care less about Vector and Scourge having their issue.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

-snerk- the only reason Ashara got fixed is because the devs wanted to be able to ogle her in a slave outfit. They couldnt care less about Vector and Scourge having their issue.

It just makes me hate that Jedi wannabe pinhead even more. I wish they'd fix Vector and Scourge's armor issues, and give Scourge the proper voice on his healing stance, instead of Rusk's.

It just makes me hate that Jedi wannabe pinhead even more. I wish they'd fix Vector and Scourge's armor issues, and give Scourge the proper voice on his healing stance, instead of Rusk's.

Part of me was hoping that since Ashara's was fixed it meant that she'd be returning soon because none of the comps who have returned during KotFE have had their voices mixed.

But still -!- I'm sure there are dialogue lines that those companions use that out of context could work for healing purposes.

Also Iresso has all Zenith's lines. So frustrating while levelling my consular. No point submitting a ticket since the Temple/Kaliyo threads have been going forever and a day with zero response.

OMG, that's it! I kept checking to see if Iresso's voice actor had changed because he sounded different, but only on some lines, and I didn't recognise Zenith's voice because I almost never used him as a companion. Thank you! Now it all makes sense. I hope this gets fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.