So if server merges & cross server queing ain't gonna happen...

DenariusJay

What exactly is BW planning on doing, then? Ignore the issue and hope that it goes away?

I'm honestly just curious, I play on Harb so I'm not concerned about my gaming experience per say, plenty of pops and whanot, but a server like The Bastion is seriously a problem to this game. New players will pick a dead server not knowing better and then quit when FP and WZ take 30 min to pop. This is a serious problem IMO and really does effect the state of the game. I know right now at this moment things have picked up for the event but we all know this will not last as we head into the fall and people get burnt out and the game goes back to its equilibrium of where it was before the event.

So, what is it? Is there *anything* at all coming down the pipes to address this or are we stuck with what we got?

Edited by DenariusJay

Considering the OP posted this in another thread:

The bottom line is PvP is trash.

Do something in this game that matters.. like running around in fleet with the latest CM mount.

I don't see what his concern is. If it's trash, it shouldn't matter to him what's happening where with queues or merges.

I don't see what his concern is. If it's trash, it shouldn't matter to him what's happening where with queues or merges.

He does indeed sound confused there. :)

Why are you are bringing this up? It's trash because of class balance, which is what I think that thread was about if I remember. Learn2context. This post is about how low population servers aren't healthy for the game and should be addressed, and charging 90cc for a transfer was a cheap cop-out to dodge the issue. This is what my "concern" is.

He does indeed sound confused there. :)

No confusion at all, I think he's the one that is confused.

Edited by DenariusJay

L O L at your use of mainstream media quoting words out of other conversations but not really giving the entire picture. please just stop and actually address this thread directly with your deep thoughts and on point answers. Stop defending bw and the horrible direction they have taken the game.

While the OP is raging they are on point asking Bioware what they plan to do with the game they have fractured up so nicely. Yeah please stop right there and do not waste our time talking about how you believe the game is doing so well. its just not you and I both know its not healthy at this point in time. Was it populated yes. Has the population always been declining with little ups and bigger downs through the years yes. Is it at the lowest it has ever been absolutely. They have gone to great lengths to hide population numbers. Now is this EA doing it who knows but as BW is designing the blame will rest on their door mat.

So now for the OPs question to the dev team. What will you actually do with your under populated servers. Yes bioware we are aware of how poorly populated the vast majority of your servers are right now, outside of the juggernaut server? The lame carrot on the stick called dark vs light event is already showing its teeth are worn to the bone with rehashed content. Days 1 2 and 3 many instances of all level planets going on. Today no so much. Yestarday same deal. It does not take a fanboy to see your game is having player population issues.

So now for the OPs question to the dev team. What will you actually do with your under populated servers. Yes bioware we are aware of how poorly populated the vast majority of your servers are right now, outside of the juggernaut server? The lame carrot on the stick called dark vs light event is already showing its teeth are worn to the bone with rehashed content. Days 1 2 and 3 many instances of all level planets going on. Today no so much. Yestarday same deal. It does not take a fanboy to see your game is having player population issues.

Yeah, this is my concern. Suppose a new player made a toon on a dead server, he ends up liking the game but realizes he's on a dead server because FP and WZ ques are super slow, and finding an OPs group is not working due to lack of players and interest. He looks at server transfer prices and sees they are pricey, he likes his character and doesnt' want to reinvest the time and energy to start on a new server. So he's stuck. He quits. All this could be avoided if they addressed issues with dead servers - we really need cross ques or server merges, this event is a good time to capitalize on any potential growth.

BTW - for the record, I'm not raging at all. I put in my original post that I'm just curious what BW is going to do about this because it is a real issue that shouldn't be ignored. I'm not coming off angry at all, I enjoy the game.

How is anyone suppoused to know? We all thought PVE/PVP instances would naturally equal imminent Megaservers because why else would they introduce such feature, not to even mention the consequences of removing differences between the servers without merging them (aka no reason left to stay on lower-populater servers).

And yet, Megaservers didn't happen. What seemed obvious to the entire playerbase apparently isn't to Bioware. So we may as well stop guessing and speculating.

Edited by Pietrastor